News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I like that they are incorporating the Lost Zone more. I just hope that they don't go the Yugioh route and it becomes "discard pile #2". I'm totally onboard with better attacks, effects, and Trainers that force you to "invest" in the Lost Zone (by means of getting rid of resources to power up attacks or an attack that does more damage if more cards in the Lost Zone. More draw. More disruption. Things like that)

A card that forces both players hands into the lost zone...if that card is real, I hope it is a Prism Star, because that can be potentially game breaking if it isn’t.

If you were able to put yourself in a good position in a game; with a Prism Star Pokemon, you could just spam the "Lost Hand" attack ad-nauseum. That wouldn't be fair.

It's safe money that'd it's be a GX attack. More like likely, one with a strict Energy requirement (can't use DCE to power your way into it) or a heavy Energy requirement. Or both.

Speaking of the which...

People said the same about Palkia-GX and Dialga-GX.

Remember when we got word of what Steven's Resolve initially did? "A supporter that lets you get any card out of your deck". No other context.
Then when we found out what Steven's Resolve ACTUALLY was, everyone ran away from it like they got hit with riot-grade pepper spray.

"Discard both hands into the Lost Zone" SOUNDS good. But I have A LOT of skepticism about how good it'll actually be.

I'm betting that it's going to get put on a GX that I can pick up 1 month after release for $1.50

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Well hello Sabelye Garb Ninetails in expanded

I had this thought too!

I think this is a MUCH better fit in Zoroark-GX as it can HEAVILLY swing games. If you know you're looking at getting KOed next turn. Throw this down, swing. They'll take one prize (as opposed to two) and you're not in a bad position.

Whenever you get this to work, it'll be like you use Lightning GX on the opponent--in the sense that they have to take more prizes than they want to be taking.

Sableye-Garb MIGHT use it because the idea of having Life Dew permanently working and focussing on more Items can't be a bad thing, but the Prism Stadiums don't have a long "shelf life" and seem to be geared more towards "conventional" strategies

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
JASMINE FULL ART, I can’t wait I bet it will be beautiful can’t wait to see it. Yay another prism stadium I want it I hope it looks very creepycool with dark auras and a forest full of spirits and a dark entity or something, JASMINE FULL ART *faints*

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
So, assuming Dark Order will be part of our English SM9 set, we’ll presumably be getting the Steelix line three sets in a row?

kusa

Aspiring Trainer
still not hitmonchan gx U________U cant wait for the prism star fighting stadium

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Can always appreciate more Steelix, hoping it will be something successful this time. Metal was terribly underwhelming in Ultra Prism and they could use a few new cards.

Always on the fence about Dark support, they seem to get heavy favoritism from TPCi given how well many of their cards work.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Hopefully the full art jasmine isn't made of cheesecake. She is one of the few characters with an actual character from those early games.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Just one question:
IS THERE GOOMY?
At least you've had 3 Goomy cards within the SM era :p
Of my 3 faves, Binacle had 1 card, Alolan Vulpix is Alolan Vulpix, and the final one is Bellossom which haven't had any cards in the SM era as of now ;-;

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
At least you've had 3 Goomy cards within the SM era :p
Of my 3 faves, Binacle had 1 card, Alolan Vulpix is Alolan Vulpix, and the final one is Bellossom which haven't had any cards in the SM era as of now ;-;
You're not the only one, of my 3 faves we've had 1 Absol in GRI, 1 Greninja in FLI and 2 Mimikyu's (GRI and Promo). Just got my fingers crossed for Absol GX in Dark Order, but I think you might get Belossom GX in Explosive Impact.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
You're not the only one, of my 3 faves we've had 1 Absol in GRI, 1 Greninja in FLI and 2 Mimikyu's (GRI and Promo). Just got my fingers crossed for Absol GX in Dark Order, but I think you might get Belossom GX in Explosive Impact.
I really hope so haha! Don't forget the Mimikyu GX from Fairy Rise :p

Also, I wonder what the Prism Star Pokémon (if any) from the set will be. If they'll go with Yveltal (since it's the only Dark-type legendary without a Prism Star that isn't already getting a GX in the set) or if they'll go with an Electric or Steel-type Pokémon

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Sounds like it. But we'll be getting 4 Heatrans in a row before that. Heatran low key getting lots of love.
Love is a certain way to put it, because I personally don't see any of them being playable other than maybe the Lost Thunder one. Quantity wise though you're definitely right, every set this year and a Pre-Release Promo (and a Ultra Prism stamp ToysRus promo here in the UK). Can my boy Absol get this kind of love please TPCi?

TheRealBro..

Still waiting for that Dark/Electric type Pokemon because this type combination will have to look awesome! Maybe this means it's coming.. (Yeah, I know it doesn't)