'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

After seeing choice helmet (very original Pokémon), I thought of the new charizard arriving in dragon majesty.

Charizard/ macargo gx counter deck? Run plenty of choice helmet and choice band, as well as shrine of punishment, to really throw gx’s off. Use macargo to set up next turn draw, and plenty of energy recycle.

Sudowoodo: minor replacement for currently used sudowoodo, not to good.

Putting the energy into the lost zone isn't great yeah, but Blacephelon's GX attack is still a free prize card. You might not just straight-up take it like with Katarna, but it's a prize card nonetheless.
Also, attacks that Burn for one energy become attacks that do guaranteed 60 dmg with the Infernape from UP. I know it's a stage 2, but it can be a powerful combo to set up if you can pull it off.

The Naganadel isn't too terrible either. It can only accelerate itself, but it can do some from anywhere whereas most Pokemon with similar abilities require another Pokemon to be in a specific spot. We have plenty of ways to move and rearrange energies too, so you could accelerate to Naga and then move it.

Draw power with a prism stadium that can't be blown away seems like a pretty cool mechanism for fire decks.

Is it the new Genesect GX coming out that allows you to put two tool cards on it? Choice Helmet + metal frying pan = major damage reduction for GX attackers.

Is it the new Genesect GX coming out that allows you to put two tool cards on it? Choice Helmet + metal frying pan = major damage reduction for GX attackers.

Why not attach two Metal Frying Pan? Metal Fyring Pan reduces damage from all Pokémon by 30 not just Pokémon GX and Pokémon EX. Choice Helmet is more of an alternative for non-metal decks. Grass decks come to mind here since Lurantis compensates for the lose of Choice Band as an alternative tool and there are several healing cards for Grass decks.

Why not attach two Metal Frying Pan? Metal Fyring Pan reduces damage from all Pokémon by 30 not just Pokémon GX and Pokémon EX. Choice Helmet is more of an alternative for non-metal decks. Grass decks come to mind here since Lurantis compensates for the lose of Choice Band as an alternative tool and there are several healing cards for Grass decks.
Yeah, that is true. Although you can only have 4 metal frying pan in a deck, so maybe you could include 1 or 2 of these for non-metal attackers in any metal deck as well, just to diversify your options a little.

I was hoping blacephalon was gonna be good but that attack is risky putting energy into the lost zone, atleast you can be a little even with Lysandre prism and do it to the opponent too, I was hoping the last prism star stadium would be ANY other type, but sadly it’s suppose to be fire cause of blacefalon , I shall never use it but it will shall still be collected all three stadium prism have really nice art,

THERE BETTER BE A WHITNEY FULL ART I WOULD LOVE IT (technically I would love any full art that gets made it just grows the full art supporter collection) currently that makes two full arts if Whitney becomes official but I still want one more, 7 is a lucky number for full arts for the English set lost thunder, cause at the moment 4 are official being judge, kahili, morty and Mina(god I want Mina) and then the information of elm full art from an old-ish post, I just can’t wait

I am realllly hoping for that Masked Royale FA. We're due the Lady one as well though.

I am realllly hoping for that Masked Royale FA. We're due the Lady one as well though.

YES SOMEONE AGREES, I’m SO annoyed that lady full art got taken out of forbidden light and not even added back into celestial storm so they NEED to put it in a set especially masked royal full art cause they finally put his card in celestial storm but doesn’t even add the full art too which is a pain in the neck, this next set needs to have them or I’ll flip cause I want them for my collection

I think Blacephalon GX is pretty good. It could guarantee you taking the last 3 prize cards. :eek:

I believe there won’t be any EX pokemon in standard post-rotation, right? Wonder how many years it’ll be until items drop references to EX pokemon....

Sudowoodo is no where near a replacement for BKP. I'd rather use mimikyu counter energy, or Minor for 190.

The Choice Helmet is good and could come in handy against list with few single prize attackers. May be something to test out.

Choice Helmet is an interesting card but it still has one huge flaw and that flaw is it needing to survive the opponents turn. With Choice Band, you dont care if it gets discarded if you took a kill with it or did the extra damage. They just need to reprint Defender.

Back