'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Heat Factory is playable in all Fire decks. 3 for 1 is very solid.

And if I read that correctly, the only way to get rid of it is with another stadium, or some obscure pokemon that nobody really plays. Field blower can't nix it. After rotation, stadium use should go down with Parallel leaving (the most popular stadium right now).

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Was hoping Blacephalon was going to be Psychic type. But I guess it makes since to "balances" out the ultra beast line so there's a fire type. Moves aren't bad but lost zone discard hurts though.

Last edited:

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
Was there a Whitney card announced? I may have missed it, idea on what it does?

Close to the bottom it gave some information about the other sleeves that have been made and had Whitney on them giving the possible hint that she might be a supporter in this set, If she does become an actual supporter I would love the full art

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Unfortunately, Blacephalon GX isn't very good, and I was hoping that it would be something along the lines of one our creations on the 'Blacephalon GX Predictions' thread. The only card I really like here is Heat Factory Prism, which is an instant 1 of in every Fire deck. Naganadel is....'meh'. It can only charge itself up. (However if it could charge others it would just be insane) and it's attack is just mediocre. I don't see it seeing much play. Lugia GX we've seen before. Overall, a bit of a dissapointing start to 'Explosive Impact'. What I'm really excited for is Celebi Prism....

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Blacephalon GX has a solid GX attack. It reduces the number of prize cards the deck needs to draw by one and there is a small to negligable chance that it accelerates energy. Mind Blown is not that good since the energies go to the lost zone but it is a decent cleaner move to draw the final prize cards. Can be used as a tech in fire decks similar to Kartana GX for the GX attack mainly.

Naganadel is a nice tech addition to Naganadel decks. Include some energy switch and it can accelerate to other Ultra Beasts too. The attack is rather nice. It is not a deck on its own but a decent tech addition to Metal Ultra Beast decks.

Heat Factory Prism is a sure inclusion in Fire decks. It is Scorched Earth on steroids since it draws one more card and cannot be used by the opponent based on the current wording.

The new sleeves look awesome.

Last edited:

Max Maxwell

Aspiring Trainer
Bleah...cephalon is the correct term like Lugia Gx.
I adore Naganadel, it may be played into any deck. I think so it's good with Rayquaza Gx or Raichu Gx :rolleyes:

The Revolutionaire N

Aspiring Trainer
Blacephalon isn't the best card ever... maybe in expanded it could have some little potential with Emboar, but don't really know. It's not the golden turd, but it's not a very good card.

Lugia is a possible partner for Malamars, solid 2nd attack and a very good gx move. It' s a cool card.

Naganadel is a solid card which could see a 1x in each stakanaga beast box ovieusly. The ability is pretty good and in combination with beast ring and choice band it could 1hko Ultra Necrozma, Dawn Wings, Bulu... So it's a good card and also if u dont have 3 prizes you can hko a buzz with a choice or a baby buzz. It's a good card.

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
Ancient Origins Metagross can have two tool cards attached to it and has a dce attack......probably still not great, since field blower is a thing, but would be fun to put on metal frying pan + choice helmet.