Help Me Build Snorlax GX in Post-Rotation Standard

SalazzleDazzle

Give 'em the ol' SalazzleDazzle
I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure if I should post it here or not.
So I love Snorlax, and after remembering Snorlax GX is a thing I went to look at it and it's... Well... It can hit 210 with choice band, one-shotting huge threats like Zoroark GX, but requires a massive amount of energy (5 for the 180 base damage) so I guess my real concern is what i can possibly do while setting this absolute beast of a mon up.
I've toyed with the idea of pairing it with Zoroark, and using dark energy to actually use Zoroark's GX attack but I'm not sure, as that doesn't help me build Snorlax's energy count any faster.
Right now, I have a very limited budget but I do have 4 Zoroark Gxs and most of the "staple" trainer cards for post-rotation standard.

The PokeMan 11

Aspiring Trainer
Snorlax is rotating out since the newest set was evolutions when it was printed. So you cant make a post rotation snorlax deck

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
~Moved thread from the Deck Garage to the Competitive Play Forum, because the OP is asking for help on building a deck, not advice on their list.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Snorlax is rotating out since the newest set was evolutions when it was printed. So you cant make a post rotation snorlax deck

That's not how promos are classified in the Pokémon TCG. While some promo cards are directly associated with a particular set, it not the same as them being a part of that set. You might see a set name stamped on part of the artwork, but most promos are part of the Black Star Promos series. This series is further broken down based on a prefix system you'll see in the collector's number (at least for all but the two oldest in the series).

Anyway, it was clearly stated that the last of the XY - Black Star Promos are rotating, but that all the SM - Black Star series promos are legal for the latest Standard Format. Snorlax-GX is SM05, part of the SM-series, even though it released before the actual Sun & Moon expansion. So it ain't going anywhere.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
The biggest problem with Snorlax is the fact that in order to use that 180 damage attack, it needs to be asleep, requiring you to beat the 25% chance that that sleep will still be in effect when your next turn rolls around. That combined with a Buzz weakness makes it awfully inconsistent in my opinion.