• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format SUM-ON Malamar/Necrozma

KindFawn

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hey everyone, I'm a retired player who used to play a lot of Zekeels and Rayeels so this deck seemed like it'd be a perfect style to get back into the game. This is the first list I've come up with to get back into things.

Pokemon (14)
4-3 Malamar
2 Ultra Necrozma GX
1 Dawn Wing Necrozma GX
1 Necrozma GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Deoxys 67

TSS (33)
4 Cynthia
4 Guzma
2 Lillie
1 Copycat
4 Nest Ball
4 Mysterious Treasure
4 Ultra Ball
3 Choice Band
2 Beast Ring
3 Altar of the Moone
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Switch

Energy (13)
3 Metal
1 Beast Energy
9 Psychic

Last edited:

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
As a malamar player myself (i just play regular necrozma, but their close enough) I think it's important that you always have at least one non ex gx attacker, like Mimi Kuhn from guardians rising or lunala Prism star (which can also accelerate energy). I would also recommend going up to 4 guzma, since they help retreating and getting prizes. I also think you should have an update energy recycle system, to get energy back. You may also want a third or even fourth altar of the moone, but that's just my personal preference. I would also recommend using other supporters instead of Sophocles, but I haven't really had enough experience with the new supporters, so do what you like I guess.

For what you should take out, the Marshadow is really only needed in regular Necrozma decks, since they have trouble KOing Zoroark GX.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi KindFawn,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Marshadow GX (not needed in this variant)
+ 1 Deoxys SM7 (nice one-prize attacker)

Trainer:
- 2 Sophocles (not that great since hand sizes will generally be rather low)
- 2 Tate and Liza (two are sufficient)
+ 4 Cynthia (best draw supporter remaining)

- 1 Pal Pad (not needed that much)
- 1 Acro Bike (three will suffice)
+ 1 Choice Band (needed to hit numbers)
+ 1 Altar of the Moone (stadiums will become more common)

Personally I would also make these modifications but those are a personal perference:

- 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma (one will be sufficient)
- 1 Malamar (with the search item count you will find them)
+ Necrozma GX (nice alternate attacker with a more offensive GX attack)
+ Tapu Lele non-GX (damage counter rearrengement works well with Necrozma's GX attack and Ultra Necrozma's GX attack)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.