'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

The Revolutionaire N

Aspiring Trainer
mmm.. that's interesting and it has an epic artwork, a solid second attack and a very very good gx move! in the post rotation gardevoir comeback the gx attack will be pretty good, and I see a lot of potential in this card as a partner for Malamars!

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
It's got a decent amount of HP, and it resists fighting (though with rotation coming, we might not have to worry about that anymore). Don't see a niche for it though.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Note: Wadatsumi is a dragon and water god in Japanese mythology.

iY0cAnW.png

TheRealBro..

Maybe that confirms Lugia is partially based on Wadatsumi.

Well, not the design obviously, or Pokemon Silver would not have been anywhere near as populair back in the day ;) It also is a bird, as stated above (flying type) so totally different, besides the name of this attack.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
Morty was perplexing me for a while. I was like, why did they put him in a fairy set, instead of Valerie.
but a fairy set should have been in the Kalos set. Morty would go better in Dark Order. i mean what trainer will be in it other than Nanu? plus this set sounds like it would go well in a gen2 set... but we already have karen... maybe Grimsley? id still like to see the FA Shadow Triad in a Unova set.

The PokeMan 11

Aspiring Trainer
The first attack is meh, second attack is amazing! 200 with band, and you can hit psychic or gx next turn, amazing. GX attack is very trolly. I think it will SEA alot of play. Rip Puns

Bournopolis

Aspiring Trainer
This seems somewhat underwhelming, maybe the gx will be really useful, but seems that the trend of plasma era lugia ex will still be the best lugia since.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
As far as I can tell, it would not count as a knockout, as opposed to Prizm Stars, where they are put into the Lost Zone as an effect of being knocked out.
actually prism stars don't need to be knocked out to get sent to the lost zone, anything that sends them to the discard would remove them from play.

i doubt this effect will count as a KO if it works like that, would be absolutely bonkers.

it's a bit of a shame it doesn't hit 10 more damage, could play it as some pseudo-ho-oh if so