Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Does this mean the speculation that we're getting mega raichu, flareon, jolteon, vaporeon etc. because of the new copyrights from these games could be true?
I'd say any fully evolved gen 1 'mon is eligible for a surprise mega. This could be really interesting!

Does this mean the speculation that we're getting mega raichu, flareon, jolteon, vaporeon etc. because of the new copyrights from these games could be true?

To be honest, I really don't think there will be any ''new'' evolutions/Pokemon. I think they're just saying old ones won't be excluded. It was made pretty clear that these games are 'just' appetizers that try to keep things simple and click with the Pokemon Go hype, hence my initial disappointment.

I am however starting to warm up to these games in a big way. Going back to basic with much improved graphics/gameplay is actually pretty exciting!

I really hope they bring back megas, it was really a well design feature compared with those 95% Time useless ans not funny Z crystal. Would love to see megas again on tcg too (GX or non GX, but I need them!).

Honestly I think you're all getting way ahead of yourselves. This is the same type of speculation that was going on during the SM leaks. I highly doubt they'll add any new Mega Evolutions to the game, but any Generation I Pokémon that had them will be in the game. Besides, if they were to add them anywhere, why add them to a spin-off game over the main ones that come out next year? I'd also just prefer them not to touch the mechanic, since in general I don't think it was very creative, and the lore behind it is boring. I'm fine with them adding previously made Megas, but I'm against newer ones.

Now, can we have the day/night cycle and please the Sevii Islands? If these are present, I can live with Megas in the games.

Last edited:
New Megas could help expand the type representation. Dark, Steel, Dragon, Fairy and Ghost are all very under represented. Including all existing Kanto Megas and Alolan Forms this is the spread for those type:

Dragon: 5 (Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Alolan Exeggutor and Mega Charizard X)
Dark: 7 (Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian, Alolan Grimer, Alolan Muk and Mega Gyarados)
Steel: 6 (Magnemite, Magneton, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Sandslash, Alolan Diglett, Alolan Dugtrio)
Ghost: 5 (Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Mega Gengar and Alolan Marowak)
Fairy: 6 (Celfairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mr. Mime, Alolan Ninetales)

In addition of existing Kanto Pokemon with Mega Evolutions the following types aren't represented at all: Electric, Ice, Fairy, Ground and Steel.

Now that Megas are confirmed to be in the game I really can't see them leaving 5 types completely unrepresented.

It may be a pipe dream, but I think there will be new Megas, which would absolutely be a reason to buy the game for hardcore fans who are wary of the "appealing to casuals/ Pokemon Go players" direction the games seem to be taking.

Well, new Pokemon or not, it won't be enough to stop Lt. Surge's Raichu from Thunderbolting your team to death time and time again at only the 3rd gym
You do know that grass resists electric and you have access to Geodude and Onix before Surge's gym, right.

Back