Discussion Blacephalon GX Predictions

I really hope Blacephalon is a Fire-type (it is the only Fire-type UB after all, and we already have Psychic Poipole, Naganadel and Nihilego (and DW Necrozma)), so I'm hoping for something like this:

Blacephalon GX HP180 [R]
Basic Pokémon - Ultra Beast

Ability: Fireworks Show
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may leave both Active Pokémon Confused.

[R][R][C] Mind Blown: 180 damage. This Pokémon does 90 damage to itself.

[R][C] Burst GX: If your opponent has taken any Prize cards, this attack does 40 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
I really like this. However I feel like the ability would burn instead of confuse considering;
  1. It's a fire type.
  2. Nihilego does this already.
However, I love everything else about this card. It has nice HP, a good GX attack, a great retreat cost and and reasonably attack cost. Good job!!:)

Any reason why the devs are taking their sweet time? I'm tired of having to keep my hopes up; I want to know whether to look forward to it or forget about it, but don't just leave me hanging like this!

I also really like Steffenka's spoiler (which the forum won't let me quote rn for some reason), but wanted to change it up a little - I gave it an Ability like Xurkitree-GX's since Blacephalon's similar to it design-wise, a lower attack cost as most Fire types have as well as to balance the drawback, and a more unique GX attack c:

Blacephalon-GX 180HP [R]
Basic Pokémon (Ultra Beast)

ABILITY: Trick Barrier
Prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon that have any Special Energy attached to them.

[R][R] Mind Blown: 160 damage. This Pokémon does 90 damage to itself.

[R] Burst-GX: For each Prize card your opponent has taken, discard a random card from your opponent's hand. (You can only use 1 GX attack in a game.)

Resistance:

I think that Blacephalon, at least in terms of abilities, should kind of be the antithesis of Stakataka, since they come from alternate versions of the game. That, and Burst sounds like an explosion type of thing, and its effect should reflect that in my opinion.

Blacephalon GX - [R] - HP 170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Ultra Boost
Your Ultra Beasts to 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon (before applying weakness and resistance).

[R] Mind Blown: 150 damage. This Pokemon does 90 damage to itself and 30 damage to each of your benched pokemon.

[R][R] Burst GX: You may only use this attack if the total of both players' Prize Cards is 7 or less. Discard a card from the top of your opponent's deck for the total of both player's remaining prize cards. (You may only use 1 GX attack per game.)

Resistance: N/A

You would essentially play this as an alternative partner with Naganadel GX, where instead of tanking you are trying to OHKO everything with your raw damage output. You could also play it as a 1-of tech in the Stakataka Build, just so you hit a max 190 with Beast Raid (full bench+ Beast Energy + Choice Band + 1 Blacephalon = 190). This could make matchups with neutral type advantage easier to deal with, since they go down in what should be 1 Hit (think UNecrozma). It also kind of synergizes in a Quad-Style Build, Boosting its own attack to 190 with 4 in play, and max potion support / easy energy buildup would make it run kind fairly well.

However, it is probable that its main attack would probably cost 2 energy, meaning you'd need an extra attach or a switch play into a fresher one. It's not too broken though, right?

Looks like the promotional image got leaked

iVx2i5H.jpg

Back