SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

I've noticed a lot of damage counter placing things recently and it makes me wonder if this is what they're trying to make the gimmick of Psychic be. The constancy of "Curse" though is interesting, as WPM stated, but I disregard it to be a new Night March, and if it is... damn it.

Sygiliph is good!!! Powerful ability and GX move. unluckly the attack isn't too good but with a choice band attached can easily 1hko buzzwole and necrozmas.

Cofagrigus Exeggcute in expanded anyone?

EDIT: Just remembered Giratina. This just got interesting...

Last edited:
Cofagrigus - Mega Garde who?

Tapu Fini with Victini and Mina is almost like Shiftry donk. Of course nowhere near as broken.

I personally like the new Sableye, and Chandelure is also nice, altough Honchkrow is probably still better, as that one uses DCE for a similar attack. Sigilyph is also cool, with a good (and at the same time, annoying) ability. All in all this looks like a fun set.

Last edited:
Sigilyph-GX is so good! And wow, that Chandelure artwork is one of the best artwork I've ever seen!

Huh, lots of surprises in the full set.

I think most suspected that the Despair Ray esque attack would be on the Psychic-type GX pokémon, but it is on a regular Cofagrigus?

It sounds pretty scary, since it combines really well with the Torn Door Giratina. Those extra damage counter will add up quickly, and makes Cofagrigus attack more potent.

Cofagrigus can also use Tapu Lele-GX to great effect. The opponent cannot snipe it to hurry up the prizes, the Cofagrigus will put it immediately in the discard when attacking.

Sigilyph-GX really came from nowhere. The ability is downright nasty. If we get a good hit and run attacker, this will probably be the best option as a Wall companion.

Anyone figured out what Shedninja does? Even my brother who speaks Japanese can't figure it out. Looks interesting apparently.

EDIT: It becomes a tool and the defending pokemon attached to it that gets KOed, opponent apparently only takes 1 less prize. That's not bad I suppose.
If only that ability is on a basic pokemon instead. Since it would be abit waste of space just to play it because of that

I like everything about Sigilyph GX, including its lightning weakness. Shedinja should be a decent tech with Mimyku GX. I also see a lot of potential with Cofagrigus and its bench discarding attack.

I feel like Meloetta's probably at least somewhat incorrect here. It doesn't have a "10x" damage number. I'm guessing you can probably hit any of the opponent's Pokemon and not just their active, particularly since it doesn't apply Weakness/Resistance. (Can't read Japanese, so just a guess.)

Still not a great card, but not AS bad as 60 for 3 to the defending would be. It's also possible I'm incorrect and it does the damage to ALL of the opponent's Pokemon, which would actually be decent.

cofragigus sounds absolutely amazing as some sort of turbo deck in expanded,, just rush through your deckdiscarding executes and giratinas, then drop the skyfields and just rain damage over everything. one or two malamars to ensure a stream of energy if needed. and a bunch of guzmas to kill the stupid sudowoodos.

cofragigus sounds absolutely amazing as some sort of turbo deck in expanded,, just rush through your deckdiscarding executes and giratinas, then drop the skyfields and just rain damage over everything. one or two malamars to ensure a stream of energy if needed. and a bunch of guzmas to kill the stupid sudowoodos.

Yes, and you could also run dimension valley to attack for one energy!

And now zoroark has a brand new friend, but actually it depends on if it reflects the damage even if it dies
Either way, It's still a psychic type. Helps out Zoroark if Buzzwole is still a thing post-rotation just by the attacks alone, even if it is 2 manual energy attachments.

Sigilyph GX is interesting. In a Basic GX heavy format where almost every single basic GX that is or will be meta relevant can hit enough damage to OHKO themselves, it makes for some interesting trades. Also Stage 1s swinging for 2 hit KOs will hit themselves for 110-150 which allows Sigilyph GX to take a tactical OHKO the following turn.

Some fairly simple solutions to this card is to just play higher HP Pokemon like Gardevoir GX and simply OHKO them with the minimum possible amount of energy. Solgaleo GX's Sunsteel Strike also allows it to trade positively with it. At the same time, even doing this will result in

And of course the simplest solution is to just use non-GX attackers. There are more and more non-GX attackers who can hit for 190 damage like Xerneas Prism and Gardevoir right here in this set.

I would recommend Sky Pillar for Sigilyph GX decks to protect the ones on the bench from Pokemon like Tapu Koko Promo, UNGX's GX attack, Necrozma GX's GX attack, etc etc.

Will be interesting to see where this deck stands when it comes out. It's not like people don't run non-GX attackers, and outside of the GX attack, Sigilyph GX actually has a very hard time OHKOing most one prize attackers.

The Meloetta is bad because the translation is only half done :).
The rest of the attack states that it does to all of your opponents pokemon. Should be
[P][C][C] Miracle Harmony: Flip a coin for each of your Pokemon that have a “Sing” attack. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads to each of your opponent's pokemon.(Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance.)

Sorry for typing this so late, just woke up : /

Anyone else see life forest prism star and initially think that it is a forest of giant planets reprint as a prism star? I am very happy that it is not.

Back