SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know what you all are taking about. I see potential. Single energy, one prize stage 2 two shotting everything im the format. Lurantis promo with choice band one shots leles. It could be a decent partner for decidueye for a fun deck. I'd play the stadium that eleminates bench damage, maybe some bbdumbelss for Zoroark.
I agree...And with two Decidueye and a choice band you could get to the 190 damage. I think possibly adding in Tapu Koko for some early spread could be useful as well...thus easily hitting for the numbers with a one prize attacker.

MrMimik

Aspiring Trainer
Net Ball is like a replacement for Nest Ball in Grass decks, I think it’ll be really good in VikaBulu, since it seeks out your Grubbin and your Tapu Bulus early on, then finds that 1 Grass Energy for your attachments.

Works in Genesect/Venusaur too, since it does the same thing (I’m not saying the deck is good, it’s a rogue deck of course it’s not meta-deck-quality™).

Too bad it doesn’t work more like Dive Ball.

And Vespiquen just looks like filler for the set.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
I don't mind Net Ball at all, there's been times where I missed that one energy for my Tapu Bulu deck so this really helps.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Keokeo (Based on Alolan Vulpix's Sun Dex entry) - Still Beacon one is the best option. You're playing Fairy Ninetales anyway. This make sense.
  • Xerneas Prism Star - If we have abilities like this similar to Koko GX, it must have the atk that does X damage times the no of energy attached to this Pokemon. Not this. Although it OHKO Rayquaza and UN neglecting the weakness of both Pokémon using Choice Band. Also KOs Buzzwole. About the first statement, so that if Xerneas suck 10 Y energy to it, it won't be a waste not this atk that costs 3 Y energy. 3-4 Geodudes

Kazuxcore

Aspiring Trainer
Xerneas GX had to have been with this attack and ability, not a prism star </3

Xerneas Break is still the best xerneas

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Xerneas Prism looks like an okay non-GX attacker. The ability to move energy makes it a pretty fast and great for a planned Guzma KO. Would go well with Alolan Ninetales GX (Fairy) since you can put spread damage around the field and just finish everything off with Xerneas Prism. 30 bench damage + 190 choice banded = 220, which takes care of basically everything Basic & Stage 1 relevant.

Beacon Vulpix is still the better Vulplix in my opinion. Since it takes 0 energy to attack, it's usually okay to attach an energy to it to retreat it. Perhaps running a 2/2 split between beacon and free retreat wouldn't be a bad idea just so that you could have a Guzma pivot in fairy decks, just like how the classic Alolan Ninetales GX used to use Tapu Koko promo as a Guzma pivot.

That being said, perhaps still just use Tapu Koko as a Guzma pivot with access to flying flip.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Beacon Vulpix is still the best to me but this one is now a close second. Not sure if I like that Xernas PS yet, maybe a good way to use Max Potion on your Gardevoir or Ninetales.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Xerneas Prism Star is an excellent card. It hits the same number as Solgaleo Prism Star and Giratina Prism Star at a lower cost. This willl be an automatic addition to fairy decks for sure. Fairy seems to get some decent non-GX attackers in this set.

Alolan Vulpix with Beacon is still better but this one is decent too and sure has the best art thus far.

zmaster0987

Zoroark is overrated
Alolan Vulpix - would be pretty good if its other print wasn't the best evolving basic in the game. ●●○○○

Xerneas Prism Star - Evolutions Arcanine, but it's a basic and actually has good maths. Will be played in EVERY fairy deck that isn't mill. ●●●●○

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Still waiting on a new Pidgey card but for the sake of argument, A.Vulpix line has has what, four new cards and Toucannon hasn't has one since launch. They treat bird Pokemon so badly.