Help Post rotation, Zoroark with?

xstxphoenixx

Aspiring Trainer
Basically im new to TCG my only deck is Metagross GX and i want to try running a more competitive deck.

With rotation coming up i thought id buy myself a better deck. The only thing is because im new i dont know how the loss of certain cards will effect Zoroark or its current partners. im guessing Zoroark will still be competitive? Anyway i wondered if more knowledgable people could help me out on what partners i may think about buying.

I was thinking about Greninja GX only because i like the pokemon but not sure if it will be any good.

Thank you.

I think anything psychic or steel related is safe to pick up right now. Also, ultra beasts are good to collect as well with the support they have. Greninja GX is fine because it's the new Crobat line. Zoroark will be competitive still because draw cards will be lost come September rotation.

So Malamar / Ultra Necrozma, Garbodor trashalanche decks, and Dawn/ Dusk Necrozma are good places to start, but it's up to you on what your playstyle is.

Not sure if Greninja will ever be the BDIF, but I personally think it's fun to play and I don't really see it getting much worse post rotation. It really depends on what kind of deck you are aspiring to play, but Metagross is also a decent option going to post rotation where the game is going to slow down giving stage 2's more playability. Even now, Metagross hits the numbers against decks like Buzzwole/Ultra Necrozma with dhelmsie. In conclusion, I believe Zoroark will still be solid post rotation, but I'm not sure with which partner it will be best. Play testing partners out might be a good option before committing to buying cards as well.

Zoroark GX combined with the upcoming Magcargo non-GX and Magcargo GX seems like a fairly solid idea right now. Not necessarily a "Tier 1" idea, but it has value.

Magcargo GX gives you access to OHKOs, and the non-GX Magcargo has value for the abilities of both Zoroark GX and Magcargo GX.

I personally think that Zoroark GX will be taking more of a draw support role as opposed to a main attacker role post rotation due to the loss of Brigette making it harder to guarantee good values of Pokemon on the bench early in the game. I think any deck interested in making Zoroark GX a main attacker needs to be running 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Nest Ball, and Pokemon Fan Club (at least 2 copies). Also, since our draw supporter options have been weakened by a fair amount, I think people might be looking towards Zoroark GX for additional draw.

Thanks for the replies.

I was also thinking about the new Scizor GX but am unsure.

Is there any card that increases steel type damage other than dhelmise?

Also would metal frying pan, weakness policy or escape board be worth using at all or just choice band?

My ideas:
-Magcargo
-Lycanroc
-Gardevoir

I think these are the best post rotation. And to replace Brigette, run Dunsparce.

Back