Pokemon Movie 22: 'Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution'

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
In before new mewtwo evolution! Or Mewthree lol

Id actually really like this to be a team rocket only movie - i know they never will but just giovanni being the lead would be awesome fan service, sort of a sopranos like but with pokemon!

Will result in some sick cards though cant beat a good Mewtwo FA!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
This kinda hint for Gen 8? There's always a new Pokémon every movie, right?

I bet the Eng trailer of this movie will be @ Worlds.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I'm curious the direction the TCG will go. With Evolutions released just two years ago soon, will they risk it feeling Kanto oversaturated, and if so will they be able to restrict it to first gen Pokemon only or go past first gen while in the Kanto environment? And for how many sets? *Sits down*

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm curious the direction the TCG will go. With Evolutions released just two years ago soon, will they risk it feeling Kanto oversaturated, and if so will they be able to restrict it to first gen Pokemon only or go past first gen while in the Kanto environment? And for how many sets? *Sits down*

I was wondering the same thing...does this mean anothe4 revisit to Kanto next year following the movie...more mewtwo cards? I figured with release of Let’s go this fall that the next year will Kanto-Alola themed...with the release of new region Pokemon early 2020 following the newest game next fall 2019.

As for the movie, the title could be “Mewtwo returns....Again”

drewtorrespr

Aspiring Trainer
In the first pokemon movie starring mewtwo he had a deep voice to convey power. The voice actors name is Joey Goede. When I began seeing the second mewtwo movie with Genesect I was expecting his voice for the franchise's sake, but they went for a feminine voice. I found it weird from a continuity standpoint. I'm wondering if anyone has asked what's Game Freak's & TPC's position to the movies and time lines.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I wonder if New Island will be featured in Let's Go? I saw a map for the games the other day and noticed that Mewtwo was the only Legendary not placed close to its original encounter spot. It was to the lower right, flying above swirling clouds positioned close to where New Island was located on one of the anime maps. If that's the case, I'm curious if they'll include more anime-exclusive locations (like the Orange Islands).

pokemon_lets_go_pikachu_and_lets_go_eevee_kanto_region_map.jpg

RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

Last edited:

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
Not looking forward to it, since the Kanto pandering is kinda starting to get out of hand.

I have nothing against Kanto in general, although I would prefer it if it wasn't treated with massive favouritism this generation, since it robs other regions and their Pokémon and characters of amazing potential.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
So Lysandre gives Giovanni a Mewtwoite and Mewtwo turns into Mega Mewtwo X, Mewtwo X finds Mewtwo Y and they make babies, which end up being Mews. the end.