SM7 'Celestial Storm' Revealed!

Wailord's Pokemon

Pokemon TCG player. 2019 Worlds Competitor.
Rayquaza is a painfully mediocre version of a now forgotten card that my sister still plays in Juniors.

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
No ray should really just play lots of Guzmas (I have 3) but i have pal pads.

You really dont want to put in bulu or anything like that because of bench space and you want to focus on accelerating but hoopa is like a massive counter.

I guess we have to play something non-GX or EX

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
i don't agree that bench space will be an issue in the hoopa match up, which is really the only one of concern here, as there is just no point benching a whole lot of rays (unless you're playing energy switch or something). as a tech card there is no problem at all including it, but as a general back up attacker it's less useful.

that being said lycanroc will stay relevant, so baby bulu is probably a good all round addition anyway.

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
Fair enough, u dont HAVE to play it if u dont need it.
Hopefully they release something else too to counter hoopa.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
It’s the same we get every 3 months
But it does cost a lot more compared to last couple of blocks (bw xy) were i could master a set for couple hundred, now im buying a case (400ish) and still having to buy remaining secret rares for another 150-200 plus the resell value of bulk etc is non existent as popularity starts to fall... We need to return to previous models of rarity and stop punishing us collectors. Plus it must be incredibly disheartening for new or young collectors as never in a million years are they going complete a set esp with likes of the players guide flashing all these cards that are available.

I could look past it even if Pokemon guaranteed a secret rare per booster box kike japan but no i dont know how many boxes ive opened with nothing - forbidden light had worst ratios ive seen i even bought 2 cases from different sites and the pull rates on secrets is just shocking.

mattfofatt01

Aspiring Trainer
New guy here to the whole PTCG.....if i were to play Rayquaza on to the bench, I don't have to use the ability right? It is a choice, is what I'm trying to ask.

Blaziken's Explosive kick would be an insane attack with just 2 special fire energy's attached. This could be a go to future card for competitive decks to give continuous OHKO or give some high damage with choice band attached.
That would be a great idea but it is rotating out of standard in September. So it may work in expanded but there is no real way to keep easily spamming fire energy in standard right now. Maybe limbo limbo marowak would be ok but I can't think of much else.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
That would be a great idea but it is rotating out of standard in September. So it may work in expanded but there is no real way to keep easily spamming fire energy in standard right now. Maybe limbo limbo marowak would be ok but I can't think of much else.

Blaziken-gx and rayquaza-gx, are not released yet, so no way it can be rotated...

..But did you mean "banned"?

In case that's your claim, I believe you should check your argument for truth, and back it up w/ evidence to prove such truth. I doubt you have proof, because explosive kick is not on prior blaziken releases, not to mention that the last card blaziken got, one that already existed before this new one emerged, rotated out w/ primal clash as of september 2017, not to mention that the last playable card rayquaza got before the existence of the only card it got in main expansions(not counting SLG and promo cards) in the form of a guardians rising card that it got, came within the PRC-AOR block of the xy era... So I believe there's no way either could be rotated this soon... But that does not mean either one can't be banned: Are they trying to draft a ban story behind-the-press? If they find either card unfair and broken to the rest of the format, unless the reasoning does not make sense enough to make players quit en masse in protest, then I'll have to believe... But if your statement is false, and they're not considering banning blaziken-gx nor Rayquaza-gx, then I'm afraid your claim is false, and Blaziken-gx and rayquaza-gx are both all-clear to use once its set is released next month... Even better, after SM8, when Magcargo-GX is expected to be released, fire energy can then be spammed more easily!

Last edited:

Dakota Baird

Aspiring Trainer
Blaziken-gx and rayquaza-gx, are not released yet, so no way it can be rotated...

..But did you mean "banned"?

In case that's your claim, I believe you should check your argument for truth, and back it up w/ evidence to prove such truth. I doubt you have proof, because explosive kick is not on prior blaziken releases, not to mention that the last card blaziken got before this one rotated out w/ primal clash as of september 2017, not to mention that the last playable card rayquaza got before guardians rising was in the PRC-AOR block of the xy era... So I believe there's no way either could be rotated this soon... But that does not mean either one can't be banned: Are they trying to draft a ban story behind-the-press? If they find either card unfair and broken to the rest of the format, unless the reasoning does not make sense enough to make players quit en masse in protest, then I'll have to believe... But if your statement is false, and they're not considering banning blaziken-gx nor Rayquaza-gx, then I'm afraid your claim is false, and Blaziken-gx and rayquaza-gx are both all-clear to use once its set is released next month... Even better, after SM8, when Magcargo-GX is expected to be released, fire energy can then be spammed more easily!

Pretty sure he ment the special fire energy which comes back if you discard it for an attack is what is rotating. He quoted someone who was suggesting the attack would be good using that special fire energy.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
It's called Burning Energy guys. Out of 3 people you'd thing one of you would know what it's called and keep referring to it as "special fire energy"

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure if Ray will be as dominant as many think...the 180 hp is so easy to hit with so many other Pokémon. Ultimately this was supposed to be slower format but it ha# turned back into being OHKO format with most decks other than Zoroark

drewtorrespr

Aspiring Trainer
It's called Burning Energy guys. Out of 3 people you'd thing one of you would know what it's called and keep referring to it as "special fire energy"
Well thats my fault for starting that "Special Fire Energy " title lol....Still reading and trying to remember proper titles for cards.. Crapload to learn and apply in memory.

32 year old dog here, forcing to learn new tricks

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I got my hands on the french setlist.
View attachment 15437

Dunsparce(Insolourdo in French) confirmed to be in Celestial Storm International!

^ Good news for those of you that don't have a brigette and going second! I thought it wasn't going to make it in... :)

^ Please send that to the Pokebeach news crew, as we have a new leak! After all, I doubt the setlist is different in English than that of French, so...

Last edited: