Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I actually like these rivals like this; friendly but bit competitive. I only see Barry having these characteristics. Not like Blue and Silver, they're too mean and evil. Not helping the Rocket takedown is the evidence.

Is the Eevee gender difference will be applied in the next games?
Yeah, you can have a "friendly" rival--someone who is your friend or becomes your friend and has their own motivation for being your rival. They're determined; they also want to be the best. And they have a personality that isn't, "You chose the Grass starter? Then I'm choosing the Water starter! YIPEE! I'm just overly optimistic and happy about anything and everything! 95% of my dialogue is fluff!" I don't remember anything about Barry other than being annoyed. Pretty much the entire group of friends in X/Y were fluff, and so was Hau.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
eeveelutions next to eevee in pallet town... there are evolutions next to locations where you find certain pokemon, and there are later starter stages charmeleon etc. next to where you find the starters in yellow...

Does that mean my eevee will evolve???

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
New Misty design artwork by Kanako Eo? Awesome! Oh. And Brock, Oak, and Generic Boy too. Speaking of Generic Boy...

"MEET YOUR FRIENDLY RIVAL!" No, thanks. I mean... despite what a lot of people say, I don't need a rival to be a jerk like Gary or Silver. They are hands down the best rivals in Pokemon games, and Silver would be my personal favorite, but just having a competent and competitive rival is all I want. Even Brendan / May in the original R/S/E, Hilbert / Hilda in B/W, or if I recall correctly, maybe Cheren all worked just fine as actual rivals for me. I've just grown weary from happy go lucky, all smiles, "YIPEE!" rivals.

I wasn't planning on getting these games anyway, and I guess a friendly rival is actually fitting for more casual games like these. So whatever. It's fine. But I'm hoping we can get a competent rival in next year's games.
*cough* Hau

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
so can I catch Wild Pokemons in the grass in this or do i have go outside and walk around like im playing Pokemon Go?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Looks like spawn locations on the map, though the two Pidgeotto confuse me with that theory. It looks like these Pokemon may just walk around the map so I look forward to seeing fully evolved Pokemon on the map. Now I want to know if Mega Evolution will be a thing.

that ivy guy

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like spawn locations on the map, though the two Pidgeotto confuse me with that theory. It looks like these Pokemon may just walk around the map so I look forward to seeing fully evolved Pokemon on the map. Now I want to know if Mega Evolution will be a thing.
tbh I don't think the existence of held items in the first place has been confirmed. If they are in, then Light Ball on the starter Pikachu is going to be revolutionary since its stats were already buffed a hefty amount

Nayla

Aspiring Trainer
This ignites a lot of childhood nostalgia, to the point that this game might be nearly as influential as PoGo in grabbing former fans back into the fandom. I love it overall but the human hairstyles on pikachu and eevee are pretty creepy :p

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
so can I catch Wild Pokemons in the grass in this or do i have go outside and walk around like im playing Pokemon Go?
You find wild pokemon in the grass, but rather than random encounters, you can see them wandering around the grass and you go interact with them to start the catching sequence (similar to how in Dragon Quest you see monsters out in the wild and have to touch them to start battle).

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
You find wild pokemon in the grass, but rather than random encounters, you can see them wandering around the grass and you go interact with them to start the catching sequence (similar to how in Dragon Quest you see monsters out in the wild and have to touch them to start battle).

Oh? well huh i might have to get a Switch then to play these games I kept hearing you caught Pokemon only thru Pokemon Go by walking outside in RL.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, you can have a "friendly" rival--someone who is your friend or becomes your friend and has their own motivation for being your rival. They're determined; they also want to be the best. And they have a personality that isn't, "You chose the Grass starter? Then I'm choosing the Water starter! YIPEE! I'm just overly optimistic and happy about anything and everything! 95% of my dialogue is fluff!" I don't remember anything about Barry other than being annoyed. Pretty much the entire group of friends in X/Y were fluff, and so was Hau.

At least Hau had a personality.

You could replace the X/Y Kids with cardboard cutouts with a speech bubble containing their One Defining Trait and you'd get as much of an impact from them.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Why did it lag during co-op? What an incredibly useless company to upscale a 3DS game for the switch, and still can't get the game to work right.

I pirated USUM because I didn't want to give GameFreak a cent for it; this is pretty much not even worth my time.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
*cough* Hau
Hau as in he was a good rival? Or Hau as in he fits my description of overly friendly rivals?
At least Hau had a personality.

You could replace the X/Y Kids with cardboard cutouts with a speech bubble containing their One Defining Trait and you'd get as much of an impact from them.
Eh... Maybe he worked for you. I suppose I can see why others might like his character, but he was mostly fluff for me. I wish he had been dialed down to a 7 or 8 instead of all the way to 11. Like, dude. Hau. Chill out. You got a doughnut. Please stop continuously jumping while fist pumping.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Oh? well huh i might have to get a Switch then to play these games I kept hearing you caught Pokemon only thru Pokemon Go by walking outside in RL.
Nope, using pokemon go is optional. It just lets you transfer pokemon from go to let's go (you can't transfer from let's go to go though.)

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Does this mean the speculation that we're getting mega raichu, flareon, jolteon, vaporeon etc. because of the new copyrights from these games could be true?