Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
It is true for any other game too. I tend to play on PS4 when I do game but anime games are of little interest right now. I tend to play games with birds in them or have them as the focus unless the game is story based. Detroit Become Human is of interest to me since I like these kind of games, as is The Last of Us part two.

I feel the same way about the TCG. I'm thinking of getting out of it because things are getting out of hand but I'm not sure what to do with my collection.
Ah, gotcha. PS4 just holds more of what you want than the Switch does. Understandable!

I know we're not the only ones too. But I mean, as far as your collection goes, I wouldn't get rid of it. Personally, I love having my collection, so I would never get rid of it. And not to go off on another tangent, but this reminds me of another similar situation right now: Star Wars. Been a fan all of my life, but after The Last Jedi with it's garbage story and Lucasfilms employees (and the media) attacking the fans for not liking it, I'm disinterested in Star Wars, going forward. I'll skip all the politics involved, but it's a dumpster fire over at Lucasfilms.

For both Star Wars and collecting Pokemon cards, this quote from one of Egoraptor's Sequelitis videos is very fitting. "You took fun and made it unfun! How'd you even do that?!"

But despite that, I still love the Star Wars movies that we already had; nothing has ruined those for me. (In all honesty, I hope things get better for Star Wars in the future.) And likewise, I still love my card collection. A lack of interest in sets going forward doesn't ruin what I already have. I know that's just my perspective on the situation, but I think it would be a shame to get rid of your collection. (If that's what you were implying.)

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
I don't agree with you. Mr. Matsuda (sorry if I spelled it wrong) has said that this game is for EVERYONE!!!! Not just noobies.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I think part of the reason why people are so worried about Let's Go and the claim that there will be two sets of main-line games (one for the casual audience, despite the causal audience being a TERRIBLE audience to cater to, and another for more serious players) is due to Nintendo occasionally lying about other claims.

Remember those claims about certain consoles being "third pillars" to other Nintendo systems but eventually abandoning those other consoles due to how much money the "third pillar" console is making? That's what people are worried about here.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Ooh, the map artwork looks amazing! I've been looking at the Pokémon on the map and so far it doesn't look like any are missing. But for some reason there are 2 Pidgeotto's on the bottom right? I wonder if that was done on purpose or not.

doubleb036

Jolteon GX Hopeful
Advanced Member
That friendly rival isn't supposed to be Gary, is it? I hope he shows up later in the game or something if that isn't him... who's gonna smell me later?

mattfofatt01

Aspiring Trainer
I guess I never realized but it appears the SS Anne is land locked. Seems like a pretty a large ship for such a small journey.

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Woah, why does pikachu and eevee (on the bottom left) have bowl cuts...
That is really weird

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Hey look! It's Yellow for the billionth time, but with some more kawaii graphics!

I'm gonna skip this game like it never existed.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
New Misty design artwork by Kanako Eo? Awesome! Oh. And Brock, Oak, and Generic Boy too. Speaking of Generic Boy...

"MEET YOUR FRIENDLY RIVAL!" No, thanks. I mean... despite what a lot of people say, I don't need a rival to be a jerk like Gary or Silver. They are hands down the best rivals in Pokemon games, and Silver would be my personal favorite, but just having a competent and competitive rival is all I want. Even Brendan / May in the original R/S/E, Hilbert / Hilda in B/W, or if I recall correctly, maybe Cheren all worked just fine as actual rivals for me. I've just grown weary from happy go lucky, all smiles, "YIPEE!" rivals.

I wasn't planning on getting these games anyway, and I guess a friendly rival is actually fitting for more casual games like these. So whatever. It's fine. But I'm hoping we can get a competent rival in next year's games.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I like how Pokemon wherein every areas in the Kanto map. That means these are the Pokémon what will you expect to encounter.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
New Misty design artwork by Kanako Eo? Awesome! Oh. And Brock, Oak, and Generic Boy too. Speaking of Generic Boy...

"MEET YOUR FRIENDLY RIVAL!" No, thanks. I mean... despite what a lot of people say, I don't need a rival to be a jerk like Gary or Silver. They are hands down the best rivals in Pokemon games, and Silver would be my personal favorite, but just having a competent and competitive rival is all I want. Even Brendan / May in the original R/S/E, Hilbert / Hilda in B/W, or if I recall correctly, maybe Cheren all worked just fine as actual rivals for me. I've just grown weary from happy go lucky, all smiles, "YIPEE!" rivals.

I wasn't planning on getting these games anyway, and I guess a friendly rival is actually fitting for more casual games like these. So whatever. It's fine. But I'm hoping we can get a competent rival in next year's games.
I actually like these rivals like this; friendly but bit competitive. I only see Barry having these characteristics. Not like Blue and Silver, they're too mean and evil. Not helping the Rocket takedown is the evidence.

Is the Eevee gender difference will be applied in the next games?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Looks pretty good, actually! Sure there’s no Goomy, which hurts my rating a bunch.
...and just who decided that they’d give Pikachu the ability to grow an afro? (Possibly)