Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Finally, Robin goes to bat for Jabber with just a dash of AtE. Jabber actually isn't risking anything, as I explained in a previous post. Lynching mord can of course clear Jabberwock, but only if mord flips scum. If mord flips town then Jabber just says "oh well, guess we were both town after all" and it's just another mislynch. Which is, of course, the entire point.

Jabber's position improves in no way if Mord flips town. Jabber has shown to be prepared to give up a neighbour to confirm his suspicions. But unrelated to the QT. Jabber has been pushing for Mord's lynch in this thread for a long time, he can't just say ''oh well'' and wave all suspicion away. So there's reason for me to trust that Jabber believes in his case.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Day 6 End
There seemed to be a consensus at the beginning of the day for a certain man's head. The tide, however, swiftly turned around and by the end of the day, a completely new candidate had taken his place. A notorious Epicurean, he cursed the evils of politics for killing him before finally accepting his fate.

Mordacazir was lynched. He was:
You are Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. A strong Epicurean, you earned the hate of Cicero by helping his exile be achieved, despite not even being a member of the populares. You are most known for venomous speeches he made against you and your constant efforts for peace between sides that could never truly compromise.

Passive Ability: Fellow Consul
You and your co-consul from 58 BC, Aulus Gabinius, have stayed in touch ever since your positions of power. Now, you can talk to him in this tense time. You have access to a QuickTopic chat, with Gabinius (or the player with him as a safeclaim), which you can use to communicate with him.

Active Ability: Epicurean
You were a strong believer in Epicureanism, advocating for avoiding any form of pain or fear that ever could be avoided. You can now use this philosophy to help the loyalists. Once a night, you may PM the hosts ##STOP: Player. If that player would use a lethal action that night, you will try to convince them that killing is bad and they will have a 50% of not killing anybody that night. After using the ability, you may not use it again for an amount of days equal to the times you have already used this ability.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Republic.

Final Vote Count:
@mordacazir (4): Mariano11887, Jabberwock, PMJ, Mariano11887, PMJ, Yog, Acetrainer_Samwise, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
scattered mind (0): PMJ, Robin Aisaga, GM DracLord
PMJ (1): scattered mind, Mariano11887
Robin Aisaga (1): Yog, PMJ
Yog (0): TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, PMJ
Jabberwock (1): GM DracLord

Abstaining:
mordacazir, Robin Aisaga, Yog

The following players did not post four times today and are hereby warned:
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

This is your third offense. Do it again and you actually will be modkilled next time.

Night 6 Start
As the senators adjourned processions, one man stood up. I can no longer afford to be a member of the senate, he said, and so I must put myself into exile. Long live the Triumvirate! The man then flew away from the curia at the fastest speed he could, leaving forever.

Acetrainer_Samwise was modkilled. He was:
You are Titus Labienus, and you are aligned with the Triumvirate. A staunch follower of Caesar and the populares with years serving under him in the army, yet also a follower of Pompey, this whole Triumvirate idea is perfect for you! You are no lightweight in politics either, being a tribune and setting up what would lead the Cicero’s exile.

Passive Ability: Triumvirate Chat
To start a revolution, one's team must talk together. You have access to the Triumvirate communication channel, which will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Passive Ability: Tribune
As a Tribune of the Plebs, killing you can only receive one consequence: the death penalty. As such, if anybody kills you or hammers your lynch, they will be given the death penalty and die two phases later as their trial ends. If this would end the game, however, they will not die.

Active Ability: Veto Power
Another advantage of being a tribune is that you have the power to veto whatever you want! In this case, it’s somebody being able to participate in certamina. Once a night, you may PM the hosts ##VETO: Player. That player will be unable to participate in any certamina during the next day and night.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the Loyalists.

I'm well aware he posted today, but Samwise said he would be unable to post for the rest of the game and there were no available subs for him. The Triumvirate, however, will get to kill two people tonight to make up for the missed kill Night 4.

Night 6 has now begun, and will end in 48 hours, on June 30th at 6:00 PM EST.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Day 6 Start
To begin the day, the mood within the senate house was fairer than the somber mood that had controlled the few remaining members over the past few failures. The Death of one of the Triumvirate being welcome news. However, that changed quickly when in the night, three more members of the senate didn't show up for the forum, and upon inspection, two were found killed in their rooms. The third seemed to skip town, but sends their correspondence by mail and messenger promising they will be back tomorrow.

@scattered mind
You are Decimus Junius Silanus, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Though you were a major force in running for consul, you never did much once you won it. In the Catilinarian conspiracy, you agreed with Caesar, your fellow member of the populares, and wanted only imprisonment for the traitors and besides that, all you did was propose a measure that made citizens wait longer before voting on measures.

Passive Ability: Trapped in the Curia
You have been trapped in the basement of Curia with two other players, one of which is working with the Triumvirate! You’re in trouble… unless you can find a way to catch them once and for all. You have access to the Basement QuickTopic.
The details of the Basement QuickTopic and the account you are to post in it will be given to you in a separate PM. The rules of the Basement QuickTopic will be explained in its first post.

@Mariano11887
You are Marcus Pupius Piso Frugi Calpurnianus, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. After you protected you fellow populare Clodius in the Bona Dea scandal, you became disliked by Cicero, but still helped Rome emerge victorious in the Third Mithridatic War. Still, you never rose to fame as much as you would like.

Passive Ability: Trapped in the Curia
You have been trapped in the basement of Curia with two other players, one of which is working with the Triumvirate! You’re in trouble… unless you can find a way to catch them once and for all. You have access to the Basement QuickTopic.
The details of the Basement QuickTopic and the account you are to post in it will be given to you in a separate PM. The rules of the Basement QuickTopic will be explained in its first post.

Day 7 has now begun, and will end in 82 hours, on July 3rd at 3:00 AM EST. This time change is just for today as I will not be able to get to it any earlier than that time on that day due to work commitments. I know that is a pain for everyone and I apologize for that but it is the best I can do.
You all may now post. Majority to lynch is now 4. Vote counts will come daily today, and you are expected to make at least 5 posts today. Those who have not made it to 5 posts so far will be tagged in every vote count until they do.

Robin Aisaga

You had a nice run Jabber, but your last breath is approaching.

The triumvirate did an attempt to bypass my protective ability last night. I was forced by scum to reveal my ability. Since my role has been compromised I'll reveal my role PM conversation in its entirety, please read it carefully. I'm a very cautious person so I'm still leaving out any names from my claim:

You are XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Formerly a spiteful tribune, you and your fellow tribune XXXX the Younger were rivals before he protected you from being thrown out of office, despite you being one of the populares. Though you were not a good tribune, breaking many customs of the office, you did accomplish some things.

Active Ability: XXXXX XXXXX
Despite the fact that it is against the law for a Tribune of the Plebs to leave Rome during their term, you did so anyway. This afforded you the benefit of not being attacked, or thrown in with the wrong crowd when things went south. It did mean you don’t get to participate in activities there though.
Once per night, you may PM the hosts ##XXXXX. During the night you can leave the city. For that night, all night abilities (including the night kill) that target you, fail. However, you cannot participate in certamina in the following day. You cannot use this ability on the same night you use XXXX XXXX.

Active Ability: XXXX XXXX
Both in your term as tribune and in consul, you shared your position with a powerful figure with enduring fame. Though you opposed them at times, with both you reconciled and worked together to accomplish important things. Twice during the game, you may PM the hosts ##XXXX: Player. That player will gain automatic entrance to all certamina during the next day and night, and will be able to use their Active Abilities twice the next day. You cannot use this ability on the same night you use XXXXX XXXXX.

Fortunately the day update backs up my claim. I was the player that skipped town. Also Mord failed to use his ability on me last night.

You need four posts today to meet activity thresholds!

This post was aimed at Osha

Once per night? Can I use XXXXX XXXXX every night?
Woah, I feel like no certamina will be worth giving up night kill immunity! It's often better to run and leave with your head still attached to the body. I like the choice between coward and team player xD Just for this night I'm going to take my chances:

##XXXX: PMJ

A Night Kill immunity ability is undeniably overpowered. So I had to ask. It was my first night in this game and I didn't expect to be killed right away so I used my buff ability instead.
##PICK: Templum
This was for the wrongly posted certamina -_-
You used your position as a team player to allow PMJ automatic entrance to all certamina during the next day and night and allow them to have the ability to use their active abilities twice during the next day.
##XXXX: Yog
You used your position as a team player to allow Yog automatic entrance to all certamina during the next day and night and allow them to have the ability to use their active abilities twice during the next day.
This was the night that no Night Kill would occur, so there was no danger in using the buff ability again.
Smash: Jplap
Do Nothing
My actions from the actual certamina
You successfully left the city last night, causing all night abilities used on you last night to fail.

Leaving town for the first time. Causing Mord's action to fail.
Yog why do you do this? Oh well, I did see Yog's original post and I see what has been removed. I hope this isn't too much of a dealbreaker. Please don't kill me :confused:
What has been removed?
Whoops, forgot to update you Robin! What you saw isn't game compromising and you should be OK to post; just be sure not to discuss what you did see in thread.
For obvious reasons I'm leaving out the post where I told NinjaPenguins what I remembered.

OKAY HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART SORRY FOR THE SPAM

A man approaches you and offers you a strange bargain: "Tell me the secrets of your Active Abilities you can use and let me choose who you target with them tonight or you else you will be blocked from acting tonight for concealing information."

You have 24 hours to decide what to do with this bargain.

Right after I got this message I checked Pokébeach to see who were online. The few people that checked in here after the deadline but before I got the ''bargain'' were Jabber and PMJ. So I started thinking and then it struck me. This is the real reason why Jabber asked Mord if he had an active ability. Not that useless certamina prize he made up. This is also the work around to my ability. I was most certainly going to die if I didn't take the bargain.

I guess Jabber actually thought he could lynch his neighbour and come out of it with little suspicion. Here is the rest of the post in my role conversation:

This isn't one of those strange man that you kick in the nuts and run away from? Because obviously that is what this situation really calls for. I was actually going to ask tonight if my ability has any kind of priority against blocking abilities. From the looks of it I'm geussing not. This must be the work around to counter my ability.

Also if I tell this strange man how my ability works. I assume you're actually the one to tell him?

Also also since my ability is only self target. This obvious triumvirate can't make it so that someone else gets to use my ability or decide not to activate it?
Yeah I'll tell them.
If you accept the offer, you'll get to activate your ability on yourself.
Alright strange man have it your way, I'll accept the ''bargain''. I don't want to die and stuff. ##XXXXX.

(not sure if necessary, but to be sure)

and there you have it, I'm going to sleep now, goodnight

##VOTE: Jabberwock

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I already gave NP an earful about Samwise flipping scum, but I'll save that rant for when the game is over.

That would be true of any scum-orchestrated mislynch. This one, though, is neither scum-orchestrated nor a mislynch.

But your argument is that he is scum, and if he is scum, then you are clear. The only way we can definitively prove it isn't a mislynch is by lynching him, so your argument is void.

Where was your initial scumread on mord that I picked up and ran with? Genuinely have no memory of anybody scumreading mord before I brought it up.

link

You posted this following my initial reads list, where you laid out that you thought mord was acting scummy in your qt.

Name one reason why a town player who has otherwise been active in the game would choose not to vote three days in a row.

This is irrelevant now that he's confirmed town, but I honestly have no answer for this. Nothing was stopping him from voting, and he was sorta active (although I think day 4 he only posted one time fairly early on) so your guess is as good as mine.

Anyway there you go, glad to see that you got greedy and went for Robin. But considering that the alternative was me (not gonna happen because I'm the only person whose lynch you could realistically try and push today) or roll the dice with the 8035235872052 protection roles, I can't fault you for going that route.

With six players left, the fact that it's not lylo right now means there is only one scum left and Jabberwock is obviously it. GG.

##vote Jabberwock

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
(The answers to the first two questions were from when I was building that post yesterday but got hit by end of day before I could post it.)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Yeah I have no expectation of surviving the Day, but fortunately we're also not in MYLO. I'm 90% sure at this point that PMJ is the last scum and Cel was right all along because the fact that he was tunneling bb super hard and hasn't tunneled anybody else with anywhere near as much verve since then. He also had an awkward buddying moment with Samwise way back when he started trying to push the lynch on Cel.

##VOTE: PMJ

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If you have no expectation to survive the day then vote for yourself.

he was tunneling bb super hard and hasn't tunneled anybody else with anywhere near as much verve since then.

Three out of the four people I tried pushing a lynch on were all confirmed town in the same day, so yeah, no kidding. I can tunnel you if it makes you feel better.
He also had an awkward buddying moment with Samwise way back when he started trying to push the lynch on Cel.

I won't deny this, but for the sake of being brief I'll just say that no one could reasonably believe he was scum.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I was right to believe in Morda.

In normal circumstances i would vote jabber in a second, but since the majority to lynch is like w, we dont want turbo lynch

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Do you have any reason to doubt what Robin said?

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
If you have no expectation to survive the day then vote for yourself.
Nah I'd rather argue this out with you, since I have no faith that any of the town tomorrow will. I'm almost certain you're scum, so I gotta contribute as much as I can to your eventual lynch.
Three out of the four people I tried pushing a lynch on were all confirmed town in the same day, so yeah, no kidding. I can tunnel you if it makes you feel better.
How were they confirmed town? It was just that your points on them were invalidated. And invalid points didn't stop you from pushing the bb lynch to the ends of the earth.
I won't deny this, but for the sake of being brief I'll just say that no one could reasonably believe he was scum.
It's not that you buddied with him but rather that he buddied with you. You were pressuring Cel all Camo-style, he fired back with a couple of questions for you, and Samwise just came in, guns blazing, and went all "yo answer PMJ's questions OR ELSE."

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Do you have any reason to doubt what Robin said?
If so, somehow I felt that the NK immunity is abit overpowered and to good to be true. It's to ridiculous to be a fake claim..

But it is also just right enough to be use in psycho war. Unless Jabber have a really good reason for us to keep him, I rather lynch Jabber and hope he is the last scum then exploring more on Robin's claim.

Robin Aisaga

My accusations are dead on, thanks for playing Jabber. Any reasonable town player seeing a completely wrong accusation from another townie would not react like this. He would've to think something like this:

''This is bullshit, but I guess this is it for me. I'll let my flip do all the work''

If true however that mentality is just awful and deserving of a loss.

Town Jabber could've refuted most of my accusations by showing his certamina prize + results or a role claim that doesn't have the ability responsible for the bargain, simply sharing the role PM conversation like I did. This isn't too much effort to share, but it is too much effort to fake. So he went straight to his original plan of pushing either me or PMJ. The poor case on PMJ being the only one he could reasonably bring forward now.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The night kill immunity comes at the cost of using his buff ability.
Nah I'd rather argue this out with you, since I have no faith that any of the town tomorrow will. I'm almost certain you're scum, so I gotta contribute as much as I can to your eventual lynch.

Fair enough, can't expect you to just roll over and die, now can I? Let's dance.

How were they confirmed town? It was just that your points on them were invalidated. And invalid points didn't stop you from pushing the bb lynch to the ends of the earth.

They were invalidated by being proven town:

1. scattered mind posted text from the basement quicktopic which proved he was a member. Since Tapu Lele was confirmed as the scum member it proves that scattered mind and whoever else was in the quicktopic were both town. He also flipped town which proved he was telling the truth.
2. scattered mind said Mariano was his partner, which he confirmed. Couldn't push that lynch either. Once it became clear that scattered mind wasn't lying, his partner was confirmed town as well. This was also corroborated by their flips.
3. Yog was targeted by the night kill and the hosts confirmed that scum can't target scum with the night kill or choose not to kill, which proved Yog was telling the truth. If you want to counterclaim Yog, be my guest, but it'll only give him further reason to vote you.

It's not that you buddied with him but rather that he buddied with you. You were pressuring Cel all Camo-style, he fired back with a couple of questions for you, and Samwise just came in, guns blazing, and went all "yo answer PMJ's questions OR ELSE."

His scum flip is pretty revealing, my guess is this interaction you're referring to was staged for this very situation. I can't think of any other reason for him to change behavior so drastically in the middle of the day.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
re bb, my case was airtight and his play was scumtacular.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Jabber have you nothing to say to Robin? Do you deny you are the 'strange man'?
Honestly I only skimmed Robin's post the first time; I figured it would just be a case on me for the Morda mislynch. I'm not the "strange man"; I didn't target Robin with my certamen; I don't have any Active Abilities I could've used to target him either.
Not that useless certamina prize he made up.
Unfortunately for you the hosts have confirmed both what the prize was, and that I received it. See this post for the beginning of the certamen (which also notes that only a loyalist could have received the prize that I did), and this post for the end of it, confirming that I won the certamen. Here's NP's PM to me afterward:
PM us ##EXAMINE: Player to see if they are a Loyalist that does not have both a passive and active ability.

My accusations are dead on, thanks for playing Jabber.
lolnah
Town Jabber could've refuted most of my accusations by showing his certamina prize + results or a role claim that doesn't have the ability responsible for the bargain, simply sharing the role PM conversation like I did. This isn't too much effort to share, but it is too much effort to fake. So he went straight to his original plan of pushing either me or PMJ. The poor case on PMJ being the only one he could reasonably bring forward now.
Dw it's been done.
They were invalidated by being proven town:

1. scattered mind posted text from the basement quicktopic which proved he was a member. Since Tapu Lele was confirmed as the scum member it proves that scattered mind and whoever else was in the quicktopic were both town. He also flipped town which proved he was telling the truth.
2. scattered mind said Mariano was his partner, which he confirmed. Couldn't push that lynch either. Once it became clear that scattered mind wasn't lying, his partner was confirmed town as well. This was also corroborated by their flips.
3. Yog was targeted by the night kill and the hosts confirmed that scum can't target scum with the night kill or choose not to kill, which proved Yog was telling the truth. If you want to counterclaim Yog, be my guest, but it'll only give him further reason to vote you.
You also voted Robin and mord (several times) that day, and even went so far as to draw up a readslist –– the exact opposite of tunneling. No, your play has seen a definite change since the bb lynch.
His scum flip is pretty revealing, my guess is this interaction you're referring to was staged for this very situation. I can't think of any other reason for him to change behavior so drastically in the middle of the day.
No, I'm saying that Samwise, being new scum, buddied way harder than he should have with you against Celever. I don't think it was staged at all; if you had taken the time to stage something you wouldn't have let him so obviously buddy with you.
re bb, my case was airtight and his play was scumtacular.
Yeah he was scummy, no your case wasn't airtight. You were tunneling hard; going into all the posts of bb's you read with the mentality "what can I find that's scummy in this post".
Whoops, looks like Vrack left this out! It is in fact MYLO right now.
Dammit. There are two more scum after all. I'd be willing to bet it's Robin and PMJ, but later I'm gonna look at voting patterns, so we'll see what that turns up.

Alright so yeah. I'm not gonna roll over and die. Let's do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.