Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acetrainer_Samwise

Aspiring Trainer
##VOTE: NICK

He's been super suspicous and is setting off my my scum alarm the entire game.
I dont have enough time to make a case on him but I just kinda have a feeling about him.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It's day five, you're gonna need more than just a hunch if you want people to get behind your lynch.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Also, if you've seen every game I played, I've always been scummy in how I play. That's no good indicator of my allegiance to mafia or town. I'd think every veteran would know this by now.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
He should be.
Yes I am and I’ll reply to you (jabber) in a few hours
The last two scum are scattered mind and mord. We did it boys.
I donkt like this 100% convinced stuff. Also scattered has been town all the game for pretty much everyone, how did this change by 1 thing? Oh wait you need to kill the vets so no-one will of a scum v scum scenario aka you being scum.
Also, I had protection. If I was targeted, that's probably why there were no deaths.
No there was said that because of the modkills there would be no NK’s so you just claimed w/o any good reason
Also, if you've seen every game I played, I've always been scummy in how I play. That's no good indicator of my allegiance to mafia or town. I'd think every veteran would know this by now.
This is the most useless argument ever sorry. Saying you’re always scummy is like saying you’re always town when you’re not. This game is all about reads and reason, so if you’re acting like scum you should be scum.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
##VOTE: MORDACAZIR

For buddying with bb and Lele, and fishing in our neighbor chat.
This is 100% false. The only thing that could be ‘fishing’ is the question: “Do you have any interesting observations? (That you’re willing to share). I meant with that if he had any reads he was willing to share. Also the buddying isn’t really true but those last 2 posts I just didnt exclude him from being town.
This is the second time mordacazir sided with Tapu Lele. First time being his first comment where he called Tapu Lele's posts genuine town. Also in his first post he tried to shade Total Epicness and Jplap, both of which I think are non triumvirate.
Fair enough. I was wrong there. Also Jplap isn’t confirmed scum and I think the 2 points on both Jplap and TE were pretty good.
Claims to not have seen Tapu Lele being host confirmed scum. This could've been because he knew Tapu Lele was going to claim a false flip. I'm sorry to say this, but I'm disappointed in anyone that seriously considered that possibility.
Well in mafia I’m always it the ‘trust nobody or nothing’ mood so it mever really trust anything.
The next day mordacazir tried to explain himself that we couldn't be 100% sure Tapu Lele was scum.
See above
At some points mordacazir was defending BBninjas, but I have to note at the beginning of the game this was not the case. This could be a distancing tactic however.
Nothing really to say about this, it’s a fair point.
Anythibg else I have to reply to?

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Also, I had protection. If I was targeted, that's probably why there were no deaths.
It's fair to say that my role is solely defensive

Alright, I did not expect to see lying this early in the day. First of all people read the day updates! Ninjapenguin said there would be no Nightkill because of the two modkills!

But the more important matter: That is my role you claim to have. I don't think this game has two self-protecting loyalist players. I'll claim my role if it comes to it. So, how does your ability work exactly?

##VOTE: Nick

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Also don't forget his yesterday's scumslip. Seems like there are a lot of little scummy points pilling on Nick. I'll still build my case on Jplap, but they are very similar in the way they are scummy.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
It looks like you are defending jlap without him even defending himself from my vote, i know my vote arent gaining any momentum since i didnt have a case on him. Are you protecting him for some reason

##Vote: Jlap
I'd like to know why do you still think Jplap is Mafia. You kept him in your fire line during the entire game and I never understood why.

##VOTE: Scattered
For trying to put a case on me when he and I had votes on the same guy
This is one of the most non-sense explanations I've read in this game...

##VOTE: NICK

He's been super suspicous and is setting off my my scum alarm the entire game.
I dont have enough time to make a case on him but I just kinda have a feeling about him.
Make a case on him.

I donkt like this 100% convinced stuff. Also scattered has been town all the game for pretty much everyone, how did this change by 1 thing? Oh wait you need to kill the vets so no-one will of a scum v scum scenario aka you being scum.
I kinda agree with this, I'm seeing a tendency on PMJ to target veteran players.

But the more important matter: That is my role you claim to have. I don't think this game has two self-protecting loyalist players. I'll claim my role if it comes to it. So, how does your ability work exactly?
Role fishing here? Are you trying to know how to get around his protection (if that thing is true)?

Robin Aisaga

Role fishing here? Are you trying to know how to get around his protection (if that thing is true)?

Well, I know how it sounds but since I doubt that what Nick has claimed is true, I want him to go into details. I think that he's lying but I want to see if his ability is maybe completely different and believable.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have solid town reads on most of the newer players. I also town read sm up until the end of day 4 and jabby has been neutral leaning town for basically the whole game, so...

If you want reasoning for town reads I'll be happy to give it after I get home from work. But the short version is they're all bad and I don't think they'd be so bad with a scum coaching them on what to say.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
To answer how my role works, it states that I am a captain of the Roman army and if I were to be targeted by the Triumvirate, I would be treated as if I had a suit of armor protecting me. This would only work once.
To be honest, I didn't see the end of the day post on day 4. So, I didn't know that there wouldn't be a nightkill

Robin Aisaga

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
I might believe you, that is a known role and it is fairly different to my role. However, my role is infinitely better and at a level I would argue is broken. So I still find it odd that they would co-exist.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
If your role is broken, I would like an elaboration but I understand if you're wary of offering information concerning the fact that the games not over.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
This'll probably be my only post for a while, but Jabberwock is suspicious and I wouldn't be surprised if he is scum.

##CRUNCH: @Jabberwock

This is the scumslip I was talking about.
It's a common thing for new scums to go under the radar, wait for the last minute and vote for a townie to gain town cred. What tips me off is the reasoning for the vote: Jabberwock's case was the role name. Nothing in him was suspicious. This reasoning is written from a point of a view of a player who wants to make a quick vote but is well aware that his vote will look bad without a short resoning to back it up. The minimal most vague reasoning possible that would not yield too many questions. The only mistake was, that the jabberwock case was unusual, so that common reasoning was out of place.

##VOTE: Jplap

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
This is 100% false. The only thing that could be ‘fishing’ is the question: “Do you have any interesting observations? (That you’re willing to share). I meant with that if he had any reads he was willing to share. Also the buddying isn’t really true but those last 2 posts I just didnt exclude him from being town.
See here's the weird thing about that. Town, playing in a neighbor chat, always offers up some of their own observations as well, because it goes two ways and they've got far less to lose by putting their own reads out there. Scum, on the other hand, looks to exploit the townie on the other end of the neighbor chat by getting whatever information they can out of them. Hence quaking's initial "do you have anything good" in the chat and your later more tentative attempts to find out reads. Scum also plays more guardedly because they can't be truthful about who they think is scum; that's just a natural thing inherent in the game.
Well in mafia I’m always it the ‘trust nobody or nothing’ mood so it mever really trust anything.
One of your first posts in the neighbor chat was "Yeah I'm town and I think you're town too". Wdym you never really trust anything?
If you want reasoning for town reads I'll be happy to give it after I get home from work. But the short version is they're all bad and I don't think they'd be so bad with a scum coaching them on what to say.
In my experience most of the time a vet scum will just tell newer scum to "say whatever you'd say as town" and leave it at that. Coaching is hard to do consistently in a scum chat because there's a delay in posting whenever a new player is waiting for a reply, which would totally give them away. So I disagree with this argument.

––

That said, I do not believe that Nick is scum. He's got this weird mentality of "I'm voting for the same person as scattered; we must be on the same team", which he wouldn't have as scum because he would have his own team.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
This is the scumslip I was talking about.
It's a common thing for new scums to go under the radar, wait for the last minute and vote for a townie to gain town cred. What tips me off is the reasoning for the vote: Jabberwock's case was the role name. Nothing in him was suspicious. This reasoning is written from a point of a view of a player who wants to make a quick vote but is well aware that his vote will look bad without a short resoning to back it up. The minimal most vague reasoning possible that would not yield too many questions. The only mistake was, that the jabberwock case was unusual, so that common reasoning was out of place.

##VOTE: Jplap

Also, I know he voted for bbninjas, but it is still the same pattern- voting for whoever got the biggest chance to get lynched. townie or scummy it does not really matter.
It happens of the top of my head with new scums such as morda, mirdo.. I can look for more

Robin Aisaga

If your role is broken, I would like an elaboration but I understand if you're wary of offering information concerning the fact that the games not over.

Yes considering the fact that my role is very powerful I imagine ninjapenguin put at least one method in this game for scum to bypass it. So I should say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.