Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Mismagius is gonna be a good enough protector for this one in standard, everyone gonna be forced to run some type of stadium removal attack which ultimately disrupts the build of your deck cause not many of the standard legal ones fit in too well.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Thunder Mountain. This is a game changing card. Don't let the [L] benefit distract from the fact that this can go in ANY deck.

1) Combine Thunder Mountain + ability lock = a nasty deck strategy. So, with Glaceon GX in the Active and Thunder Mountain in play, well, that certainly makes Glaceon much more interesting. (Oranguru anyone?) Thank goodness Garbotoxin is rotating out.

2) Someone can play Thunder Mountain on first turn ... which if one is not prepared for this, will routinely lead to the most painful and slow and excruciating losses unless...

3) All those basic pokemon that draw cards or energy are about to get a second look as starters. Lapras' Collect. Virizion GX's Double Draw. Pika Draw!!!

4) Can't wait to see the creative ways in which this is used.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Oh my... Just imagine this stadium with Regice - Yes, the newest one from the last set has an ability to block opponents from playing their own stadiums.

That's pretty much an ultimate troll deck structure waiting to happen. >.<

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
So we have a single stadium that prevents all supporters and items from being used, thus being invincible to field blower, making it extremely hard for any opponent to do much of any, thing late game if they did not set up an ability-based pokemon draw support, creating a new meta in which players must rely on abilities or excessive stadium counts in order to counter this amazing card, or create another lightning deck of their own that can compete with this beast of a card, on top of a busted Zearora-GX and a triple Plus power for lightning type pokemon.

Time to play Machamp GX!
Machamp-GX is considered the Worst GX ever made. You can't cheat DCE, Stage 2, and awkward atks
  • Electric Power - Wow! Zeraora is now broken with this. It can now do 220 that KOs Zoroark which see no play. I don't consider Raichu but, Raichu has so many downsides post-rotation. 5 Geodudes
  • Thunder Mountain * - Zeraora is even more broken with this. It can now spam 160-220 (L-Power+CB) for 2 energy. The second effect tho confuses me. Is this stadium locks out items and Supporters? If it is, time to play Stage 1s in some Stage 2 decks. 2-1-2 to be exact. 4 Geodudes
  • Virizion-GX - Good Lapras counter, period. 4 Geodudes

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
Ok to everyone that says the stadium is meh has either not read the card or has not understand it.
Ur only allowed to play pokemon energies and tool cards while this is in play. And stadium cards are also allowed and almost the only way to remove it.
Whoever says its ez to remove a stadium hasnt realized that u need to have a stadium in hand. U can only get it by playing mons cuz ur locked out of supporter. Good luck topdecking ur stadium. Also u can still play polemon like slaking and glaceongx to ability lock ur opponent aswell to make it even harder for them. Or just out race your opponent.

When this card is legal if u dont play any stadiums u might aswell dont play items and supporters

And the card is good but not broken. Its 2sided lock which is kinda balanced. And lightning obvious has a advantage but zeraona and koko are already quite fast. Also just play heavier stadium counts to make sure to draw them and cuz supporter are not dump and draw and rather search and shuffle u want thicker lines anyway

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Oh my... Just imagine this stadium with Regice - Yes, the newest one from the last set has an ability to block opponents from playing their own stadiums.

That's pretty much an ultimate troll deck structure waiting to happen. >.<
The atk and HP tho is trash

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Hold on... After checking the discord channel, this could be a mistranslation: It only prevents items/supporters from being used on the stadium itself - not items/supporters in general. I was wondering about that.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hold on... After checking the discord channel, this could be a mistranslation: It only prevents items/supporters from being used on the stadium itself - not items/supporters in general. I was wondering about that.
That's a massive difference.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Clarification (11:15 PM): Thunder Mountain Prism Star only prevents effects of Items and Supporters done to the Stadium itself. The Stadium does not stop Supporters and Items from affecting anything else in play.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
No reason not to play the stadium in a lightning deck. Plus electric power is crazy! Like a triple plus power for [L]. I like that lightning are getting the support they deserve

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Thunder Moutain looks nice. It makes Zeraora faster and can only be countered by another stadium card which seems fair. Electric Power is an incredible power boost for Electric attackers especially when combined with Choice Band. It also increases damage done to non-GX Pokémon. I also like Virizion GX. Combined with Lurantis non-GX the second attack should even be able to score ohkos.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
They sure are trying their hardest to bump up electric types. Stadium's artwork is really good and field blower immunity helps. To bad Buzzwole/Zygarde and friends are still out there and not many Pokemon are weak to electric for that times 2.

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
i reckon virizion is actually alright. at best you can hit 200 with cb plus two lurantis on the bench, so i can see it played as a rogue deck. i think its most likely position will be as a lycanroc counter in rayquaza, although i could also see bulu being used or baby shaymin, so not sure.

and i'm so glad lightning is finally getting the love it deserves. both cards revealed are really good, although the idea of a prism star stadium is still a bit dodgy. if this thing sees a lot of play (and i think it will because zeraora looks good), decks will likely start playing higher counts of stadiums like when garb was big so people played high counts of field blower, and there is nothing you can really do about it.

The Revolutionaire N

Aspiring Trainer
What some crazy cards! Virizion with 2 Lurantis PRSM + a choice band => 200 dmg is GOOD!!!
Stadium destroys blowers and helps lightning pkmns very well, in combination with the item=> zeraora gx the new big name with a choice band, 2 electric powers, stadium, and 2 lightning energies attached to it, 160+30+30+30!!! 240 dmg!!! Is so good!