Winning Deck Lists from Japan Championships, Japan's Tourney Format Changing!

I love seeing the Japanese lists for tournaments. It's because of them that we got Sylveon control looking the way it did initially.

That said, we have to take these lists with a grain fo salt when it comes to application. Obligatory "They are XY-on and we're not" yadda, yadda, yadda.

At the very list, this can be directly applied to Expanded with the addition of an Ace Spec and whatnot. Otherwise, this sort of thing should only be considered if someone is going to Worlds. Even then, they have Shaymin-EX and VS Seeker., Hex Maniac, and Battle Compressor available to them.

Outside of worlds, post-rotation, I think the deck will be too slow to operate. I know VikaRay is a decktype that gets thrown around. There is SOME merit to it, but Rayquaza-GX makes the deck clunky and slow and you need an absolutely PERFECT hand to do 210 on T2, where VikaBulu doesn't require AS much setup for 210 T2 and can do it consistently.

Rayquaza does not loose that much from rotation. The main reason Rayquaza is that good is Latias Prism Star. This card provides nuts acceleration with three Rayquaza GX on the bench in addition to Rayquaza's own Storm and Stress.

Rayquaza does not loose that much from rotation. The main reason Rayquaza is that good is Latias Prism Star. This card provides nuts acceleration with three Rayquaza GX on the bench in addition to Rayquaza's own Storm and Stress.

If we are talking about Rayquaza-GX on its own in Standard, there will be decks (Beast Box and Malamar) putting in heavy aggression T2 and Rayquaza will be on the defensive.

For VikaRay, you have to have the absolute godliest of hands to do 210 on T2. Otherwise, you’re pulling OHKO numbers on at least T3.

Rayquaza GX is a good card, I don’t think it’s as good as the hype machine suggests

If we are talking about Rayquaza-GX on its own in Standard, there will be decks (Beast Box and Malamar) putting in heavy aggression T2 and Rayquaza will be on the defensive.

For VikaRay, you have to have the absolute godliest of hands to do 210 on T2. Otherwise, you’re pulling OHKO numbers on at least T3.

Rayquaza GX is a good card, I don’t think it’s as good as the hype machine suggests

Try it out with proxies. Similar to Malamar it is as good as the hype suggests and the main reason for that is Latias Prism Star. The deck rivals Buzzwole and Malamar in terms of setup speed and damage output. By no means use Vikavolt. It makes the deck clunky. Run Rayquaza on its own.

Try it out with proxies. Similar to Malamar it is as good as the hype suggests and the main reason for that is Latias Prism Star. The deck rivals Buzzwole and Malamar in terms of setup speed and damage output. By no means use Vikavolt. It makes the deck clunky. Run Rayquaza on its own.

I’d have to see a list. I can see the damage potential after you can get some Energy in the discard pile and Latias Prism to take advantage of it. But it seems like A LOT rides on the back of a card you can only play 1 of and can’t get back.

At least, as far as some Beast Box variants go, I don’t see where Rayquaza gets ahead in prize trade.

I was about to say Ho-oh GX looks poised to come back... but Tapu Koko GX's one-of inclusion in Rayquaza GX decks will be problematic... :-(

Is Gyarados GX Low-key back? ;):D

So it is currently: Play BuzzRoc or don't expect to win.

In a bit it will be: Play Rayquaza or don't expect to win.

Fun.

So it is currently: Play BuzzRoc or don't expect to win.

In a bit it will be: Play Rayquaza or don't expect to win.

Fun.
That's a very narrow and inaccurate view not only was there one rayquazza in the master top cut but it's a different format and while buzzroc is dominating standard right now its dont that for a pretty long time now they just buffed it to the maximum so it's hard to counter however it's not the only good deck. And none of these decks are as op and oversaturated as night March and garb once were

I thought someone would use Zinnia in ray GX decks

Considering what supporters hey have available, they don’t seem to have problems with energy acceleration. So it makes more sense to disrupt the opponent VIA N and Hex Maniac as much as you can.

I don’t know about that. In order for Latias to work, you have to get the energy in the discard, which may or may not be difficult. I just feel that vikavolt would fit just as well. Vikabulu might have been a meme, but it did work somewhat well. I could see it fitting into Rayquaza as a needed card. The whole idea of Rayquaza is to,accelerate to all pokemon, and vikavolt would help just with that

Back