'Mega Charizard X vs. Mega Blastoise Battle Arena Decks' Announced!

Hmm, sounds interesting enough to be honest.

Wonder if they're including the Delinquent and Professor's Letter alt prints in here... Maybe as the non-holo versions only, just to put them out there?

Wonder what the two actual alt prints will be though... Blacksmith would be a safe bet, but I'm not so sure on what could be chosen for the Blastoise part (Archie? Battle Compressor? Neither sounds very likely, and I'd assume it's something from the XY/XY BREAK era... Maybe Max Elixir, since it's leaving standard soon?)

We went from Lando-T and Genesect, two of the most meta-defining cards of their time....

...to this?

like the previous release/the legendary bird decks, I'll be buying at least two of these to create coherent pre-made decks to play with friends. Hopefully they at least have some appropriate archetype and support cards, like the Ray/Keldeo decks--two of those and you have two complete, evenly matched and fairly powered BW era archetypes. Shame the Lando one didn't come out.

Either release these decks for $29.99 in smaller packaging, or split the deck into 2, and release them for $19.99 as Legendary Battle Decks.

Don't release them like the Black Kyurem vs White Kyurem deck, for $39.99 and with ridiculous sized packaging.

or the woefully misguided.

Pretend you didn't play during BW. Buy two copies of the Ray/Keldeo Battle Decks. Congratulations, you have a functional archie deck and a functional rayeels deck. How is that misguided?

Although, a type weakness in these battle decks is just plain stupid. Like, seriously.

These decks do sometimes have multiple types.

Again this forum is inventing a whole narrative from just a fragment of news and running with it. It hurts to watch.

I hope these are as fun as the Keldeo EX/Rayquaza EX battle arena decks because they where really fun to play around with. I also got most of my staples from the battle arena decks, so, they’re not that bad.

like the previous release/the legendary bird decks, I'll be buying at least two of these to create coherent pre-made decks to play with friends. Hopefully they at least have some appropriate archetype and support cards, like the Ray/Keldeo decks--two of those and you have two complete, evenly matched and fairly powered BW era archetypes. Shame the Lando one didn't come out.

I thought I was the only one who did this! :D

However, I didn't get the Kyurem decks because they were no good even when doubled, and these decks will likely suffer the same fate. This isn't a BW archetype, this is just shiny LGPE/Kanto marketing trash -- I don't see how these would stand up to a doubled Mewtwo, Darkrai, Ray or Keldeo BA Deck. (Of course, I'd love to be wrong on this front.)

Given this is what I do with the BA decks, you can understand why I'm annoyed they got rid of the Lando/Genesect decks for this.

It's unfortunate to see even the BA decks succumb to useless Kanto-ification. The point of these was to expose people to competitive-level deck design and cards, by removing the barriers of having to analyze every card, come up with a deck list yourself, and most of all, buy singles to create the deck. Having a good pre-made deck you can pick up off the shelf is huge in removing barriers to entry into competitive TCG. It certainly was (and still is) for me! Making the BA decks feature cards this bad therefore totally ruins the point. Sigh.

Pretend you didn't play during BW. Buy two copies of the Ray/Keldeo Battle Decks. Congratulations, you have a functional archie deck and a functional rayeels deck. How is that misguided?

These decks do sometimes have multiple types.

Again this forum is inventing a whole narrative from just a fragment of news and running with it. It hurts to watch.
Alright, the Raquaza/Keldeo Battle Decks I actually had no idea that existed. Sorry about that.
I also forgot about multiple types. Oops.
Well, not forgot, just slipped my mind.

Jeez, I thought I knew a bunch.

Alright, the Raquaza/Keldeo Battle Decks I actually had no idea that existed. Sorry about that.
I also forgot about multiple types. Oops.
Well, not forgot, just slipped my mind.

Jeez, I thought I knew a bunch.
To be fair, I forgot about the kyurem one even though it's enormous package has been staring at me from behind the counter for the better part of a year. If they're more like that, then I'm 100% with you on it being a misguided purchase for all but the freshest of Joeys.

Back