Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Dear Pokémon community,

Now watcha GONNA DUOOO when genWUNNER MANIA and new console releases CUT in front of your asking NEXT core games ONCE AGAIN BROTHER?

Always in our hearts,
TPCi.

Salt levels are high...only a new Eeveelution will solve this...MARK MY WORDS, PTCGI, IF THERE IS NO NEW EEVEELUTION, YOU WILL BE THE SLUG TO MY SALT!
I would love gorochu and a normal evee evolution to drop in this it would be the icing on the cake!

I have a couple questions on this. first, i wonder what the price is... since 3DS games are 40$ (US) and yet again its most likely different. and im pretty sure they chose Eevee to be the other because if you havent Played Pokémon yellow than yous should play it then you would find out. and i would choose Eevee if it evolved but since Yellow is based on the anime that means pikachu may not evolve so Eevee my not evolve either! which is kinda sad besides that they ride along with you. i wish i had an Espeon following me around as my starter! those werent really questions... Whelp.

I have a couple questions on this. first, i wonder what the price is... since 3DS games are 40$ (US) and yet again its most likely different. and im pretty sure they chose Eevee to be the other because if you havent Played Pokémon yellow than yous should play it then you would find out. and i would choose Eevee if it evolved but since Yellow is based on the anime that means pikachu may not evolve so Eevee my not evolve either! which is kinda sad besides that they ride along with you. i wish i had an Espeon following me around as my starter! those werent really questions... Whelp.

I saw on GameStop's website, already up for Pre-Order, that it costs the usual $59.99 USD. So no difference in price.

I kept hearing rumors that the partner pokemon won't evolve. This would be a big let down.

o_O Oh wow! This is amazing! Wowwowwowowow! I wonder what the new Pokémon will be? Fingers crossed for Gorachu! (I bet I’m the only one who realized that this game releases on the same day as The Crimes of Grindelwald. :p)

Oh what! Forgot about that ^-^' I'll most likely check out Crimes of Grindlewald once it releases.

My friend and I are speculating a new Eevee. (crossing my fingers)

Well I can't say this didn't exceed my expectations. I'm excited for the more casual things, such as walking with my Pokémon, and putting clothes of them. More of the cutesy stuff, I guess. I'm not all excited about the Pokémon selection, story, or region. Even though Gen I was what built Pokémon into what it is today, it's still far from the best (which is subjective of course, but oh well).

But I have my concerns, almost completely surrounding the sync and adaptations with/from Pokémon GO. I have so many questions about how this will work. Then there's the whole "Kanto only" clause to porting Pokémon between the games. Whether or not that includes Alolan forms effects whether or not I waste the summer away playing Pokémon GO or not, and could very well effect my decision on when to buy a Switch (and this game, by extension).

There's also this that is a tell-tale sign that this is a spin-off game, and isn't a part of Gen VIII:

By that extension it's not Generation VII or VIII, it's just it's own thing. A completely unique spin-off game that has no relationships to any of the core games. Honestly, if they continued to make remakes like this I wouldn't be mad. But this also means this game isn't going to take over the meta. Ever. Meaning USUM still rules that for another year, until it's finally passed on to whatever awaits us in 2019.

This is how they'll have time to bring in Unova and Kanto sets before the Generation officially ends. Then they'll have some sort of Legendary Treasures-esque set and we'll move on to Generation VIII.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I'm excited for this to come out but at the same time I have my doubts. Don't get me wrong; it would be nice to revisit Kanto and play through the story (although it's the same with a new look).

I love the new graphics and how we can finally see Pokemon walking around in the grass/ ocean/ caves. It shows what kind of mindset Nintendo has at this current state. Not to mention that we will see some of these elements in the RPG Pokemon game being releasing in 2019.

What if we got a Pokemon game that starts its own saga? i.e. The new 2019 game could be the start of a series where you follow one character (the one you create) throughout a new region each game? The Switch has a long life ahead of it and we will definitely get multiple Pokemon games in the future.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I'm excited for this to come out but at the same time I have my doubts. Don't get me wrong; it would be nice to revisit Kanto and play through the story (although it's the same with a new look).

I love the new graphics and how we can finally see Pokemon walking around in the grass/ ocean/ caves. It shows what kind of mindset Nintendo has at this current state. Not to mention that we will see some of these elements in the RPG Pokemon game being released in 2019.

What if we got a Pokemon game that starts its own saga? i.e. The new 2019 game could be the start of a series where you follow one character (the one you create) throughout a new region each game? The Switch has a long life ahead of it and we will definitely get multiple Pokemon games in the future.

I love the new graphics and how we can finally see Pokemon walking around in the grass/ ocean/ caves. It shows what kind of mindset Nintendo has at this current state. Not to mention that we will see some of these elements in the RPG Pokemon game being releasing in 2019.

Im wondering which gen 1 game u have gotten first if any and which game would you choose?

Im wondering which gen 1 game u have gotten first if any and which game would you choose?

Which Gen 1? Well if you mean which games I've played. I got my own copy of Blue after receiving Leaf Green for Christmas (my first introduction into Pokemon ever aside from the anime).
So you could say that my first game was Leaf Green and then I went back and played Blue and Silver (2nd Gen).

How about you??

Ah and I would most likely choose Lets Go Eevee, since I've never played with eevee as a main starting character. Pikachu will alaways have a special place in my heart though.
HBU?

The battling system they showed looks unchanged, and that's a good thing. The running around to catch thing is imo the greatest gameplay change and one they should implement in the main series moving forward.

Individual opinions on the creatures or the region may bring it down for you, but I really don't see why. This looks really neat, however you slice it. It's not a "main series" game and yet it has the locations and gameplay of one. The cutesy dress up stuff skews young but that's fine.

Still excited for the main series, but this looks fresh enough. Hyped.

Right! I love how we can see Pokemon in the physical wild, lol. But I'm concerned how we will find Pokemon with the right nature, ability, etc. etc. It's very awesome how they made 3D models for the 150 Pokemon. Cool thing now is that Clefairy will be a fairy type. Lance won't stand a chance at all!!!!

Are you getting the Poke Ball you can walk around with??

Nope. This doesn't make me happy at all. I'm sick of Kanto, I was never a fan of Pokemon GO, and I do not like that it seems that there are no new Pokemon (unless the teaser at the end was referencing that). I'm now looking forward to the core games coming in 2019.

It's been confirmed by Pokemon, that the mystery will be a new mon.

Wait, will your partner pokemon be just Pikachu or Eevee, or could you pick one like in GO? If so that opens up some new ideas (pictures Moltres sitting on shoulder) also, will your starter Pikachu be able to evolve? If not imma be really TRIGGERED!!!!

The news is kinda messy and all over the place. ButI keep hearing that Eevee and Pikachu won't evolve....

It's not a core game :\
they also announced a core game coming in late 2019, makes me wonder if Let's Go isn't considered a core rpg game

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually go for either casual play or the fun factor. And these games i will probably enjoy. Especially since they are using the Japanese voice actresses for both Eevee and Pikachu. Which is also a reason why i am getting Let's Go Eevee.

It's not a core game :\
Depends on how you look at it. In the actual press conference, they state that it's the next entry in the main line pokemon RPGs. The 2019 game(s) will follow the xy/sun and moon style, but that doesn't necessarily mean the 2018 ones aren't considered core rpg either by the company itself.

But can I transport my competitive viable Pokemon over to this Switch game? I worked hard and grinding out hours to get these Pokemon trained up. There must be a pay off for that, yeah?
I wouldn't think so (unfortunately) considering that this isn't a core RPG but a spin-off that is marketed at a casual and younger audience. There's also no Pokemon Bank on the Switch.

I wouldn't think so (unfortunately) considering that this isn't a core RPG but a spin-off that is marketed at a casual and younger audience. There's also no Pokemon Bank on the Switch.

Well, we don't know if the Switch is going to get a Pokemon Bank port. I think it would make sense that Bank gets ported to the Switch, considering that the Switch is going to most likely be the home for the next games in the core series.

I recently read more about the q&a session after the conference and it talked about how gamefreak officially and consecutively stated that the let's go series is a main core series game, and the 2019 one will be as well. What's even more interesting is that the same source talked about how core games will from now on have two paths if that makes sense (at least that's how I see/interpret it). The exact words used is two supplements, one for newer crowds like the let's go titles, and the other for hardcore fans, like the one coming in 2019 created in similar fashion to xy and sun/moon.

As for the actual bank side of the conversation, I feel like it will happen where a port is released, as for if that will happen this year for let's go, or for 2019's game, that I'm not sure. Let's go is for a newer/casual audience, so there is a chance that they don't expect the target audience to have played enough for bank to be needed this year if that makes sense. On the other hand, the hardcore fans will of course want it, as well as anyone who transitions from let's go to the 2019/hardcore game(s), so maybe 2019 is more reasonable?

Last edited:
There would be no excuse not to. The Switch is capable of so much more than the 3DS ever was, there'd be no excuse not to during some point of Gen VIII. The more content the better, I want a game I don't put down after a couple weeks!

Do you just... not have respect for anyone? I have seen you do nothing on this site but be an aggressor and insult other people for no reason. Grow up, you're embarrassing yourself.

To be honest I don't think they ever did. Mewtwo was just kind of found in Gen I in Cerulean Cave, I don't think it was ever suggested that way until we saw them take use of it in the anime. Then again I could be entirely wrong, I haven't played any of the original RBY games in a while and my memory's hazy. Also, my biggest question is when did Giovanni die? He never did in RBY or FRLG, otherwise the entire plots of GSC and HGSS wouldn't have made any sense. And he 100% survived after the whole Rainbow Rocket arc in USUM, so I'm not sure what you mean.
my bad. didn't he go missing though? (even though i thought he died)

Back