• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Gardivoir EX Deck (Anti Buzz and Zoro!)

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Ok, so I whipped up this deck within 15 minutes, and haven't playtested it yet. Let me know if you see some really obvious mistakes I made!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 3 Dragonite-EX EVO 106
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 2 Gardevoir-EX STS 116
* 1 Gardevoir-EX GEN 130
* 2 Kartana-GX CIN 106
* 2 Magearna UPR 91
* 2 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 M Gardevoir-EX STS 112

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Gardevoir Spirit Link STS 101
* 1 Diantha FLI 130
* 2 Fairy Garden FCO 100
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

##Energy - 12

* 4 Darkness Energy 7
* 8 Fairy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The strat here is to get M Gardy out as soon as possible and start taking THKOs

Last edited:
You missed Hoopa-EX, Dragonite-EX, and Darkrai-GX. Darkrai just puts itself in play to discard, Hoopa is searchable by Treasure and grabs Gardys+Dragonite, which puts basics in your hand to discard. Pretty important stuff. Fairy Drop is bad since you'll get revenge KO'd by almost the entire meta and need the space for more Pokemon so you can't get pressured into a 2HKO game that you can't win.

You missed Hoopa-EX, Dragonite-EX, and Darkrai-GX. Darkrai just puts itself in play to discard, Hoopa is searchable by Treasure and grabs Gardys+Dragonite, which puts basics in your hand to discard. Pretty important stuff. Fairy Drop is bad since you'll get revenge KO'd by almost the entire meta and need the space for more Pokemon so you can't get pressured into a 2HKO game that you can't win.
Ahh, I somehow forgot those. Also, Hoopa EX? This is a standard list. Or does the promo make it legal?

I used to play Despair Ray in Expanded, and this deck lost a lot of good cards because of the last (standard) rotation. Sky Field, Mega Turbo, Shaymin-EX (even with 110hp it wasn't much of a liability), Trainer's Mail, and Wonder Energy.

If you're going to run this deck, ditch the Xerneas since you won't build up enough energy to hit relevant numbers. Replace Fairy Drop with another Gardevoir-EX, two Hoopa-EX, and a Dragonite-EX. Plus, see if you could fit another Rescue Stretcher and a Darkrai-GX in the deck.

I was all in on this deck. Built it with the hoopa and dragonite and loved it. However, it is just not fast enough to keep up with buzz. I tried elixirs but the bench gets cluttered with the other mons. I really wanted it to work out but just didn't. However, expanded is a different story with dimension valley and mega turbo. Shaymin is obviously better than guru. It can hold its own in that format.

Edit: I've made a bunch of changes, so many I'm not going to list them here. But needless to say, its much better now

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Dragonite-EX EVO 106
* 3 Gardevoir-EX STS 116
* 1 Kartana-GX CIN 117
* 1 Magearna UPR 91
* 2 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
* 2 Marshadow SLG 45
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
* 3 M Gardevoir-EX STS 112

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 4 Gardevoir Spirit Link STS 101
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 155
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 4 Cynthia UPR 148
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Choice Band BUS 162
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 3 N NVI 101
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 145
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102

##Energy - 10

* 1 Psychic Energy SUM 162
* 9 Fairy Energy BUS 169

Thats my list i Feel without sky field in the format u dont want necessary fill ur whole bench every turn, and if ur main goal is to hit weakness on Buzz and UN then u dont need to hit more than 110,

Magearny is a really good card for the deck cuz u can double mega evolve with 1 spirit link / get rid of the spirit link and attach ur 1 Choice Band to get into a Good Range to 1hko Leles and such.
Marshadow replaces was last year shaymin was, sure its only draw 4 but its the best of it kind and super good disruption aswell, going first with a explosive marshadow to finish up the turn, gives u a great position
the one Kartana is for its Ability to get rid of DCE mainly on Zoro

Back