• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Hustle Goomy!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
First and most importantly, this gimmick was created by @Lanstar; I couldn't have thought of this without them.

Pokémon: 14
4 Goomy
4 Swablu
4 Altaria
[Ability: Each of your Dragon Pokémon do 20 more damage.]
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Flygon
[Prevent all effects of attacks (except damage) done to your Dragon Pokémon.)

Trainers: 41
4 Cynthia
4 Kukui
2 Guzma
1 Lance <>
[You can use this card only if one of your Pokémon was KOd during your opponent's last turn; put two Dragon Pokémon from the deck onto the Bench.]

4 Hustle Belt
[The Pokémon with 30HP or less this card is attached to does 60 more damage.]
4 Enhanced Hammer
4 Mysterious Treasure
4 Nest Ball
2 Field Blower
3 Rescue Stretcher
3 Energy Loto
2 Special Charge

4 Devoured Field

Energy: 4
4 Rainbow Energy

A Goomy with one Rainbow Energy attached fufills the HP requirement of Hustle Belt, raising damage to 70 for a single energy. The maximum damage this deck does is 180: 10 +60 (Hustle Belt) +20 (Prof. Kukui) +80 (4 Altaria) +10 (Devoured field). This can be done while straining your opponent's Energy.
This is a problem for Buzzwole and Dusk Mane decks, but then again, we can easily take 110 damage 2HKO's with no Kukui and only two Altaria...

The biggest question here is: is this better or worse than my Goomy/Kartana-GX idea?
Anywho, let's get Goomy-er, started.

yoooo love the deck idea, still play a copy of kartana for the ability and the gx attack! shining rayquaza also has a one energy attack for 40, with all the dragon boost could be another attacker maybe. Also just curious what the flygon will help protect you against

Love the Goomy decks, keep 'em coming!

If this is going to be SUM-on for Standard format, here's a recommendation from SM7 (Celestial Storm): Sky Pillar

Trainer - Stadium
All Benched Pokemon (both yours and your opponent’s) aren’t affected by damage or effects from the attacks of an opponent’s Pokemon.

Your benched Goomy are squishy and vulnerable. You could use this to keep them from getting dunked by spread damage- either Flying Flippity Flops or Jet Punches.

Well, just remember that as long as I have a 30 HP Pokémon, it gets OHKO'd by pretty much anything, the Rainbow goes the discard never to be seen again.
There really isn't much you can do about that sadly, unless we get a new form of special energy recovery.

Last edited:
Love the Goomy decks, keep 'em coming!

If this is going to be SUM-on for Standard format, here's a recommendation from SM7 (Celestial Storm): Sky Pillar

Trainer - Stadium
All Benched Pokemon (both yours and your opponent’s) aren’t affected by damage or effects from the attacks of an opponent’s Pokemon.

Your benched Goomy are squishy and vulnerable. You could use this to keep them from getting dunked by spread damage- either Flying Flippity Flops or Jet Punches.
I see what you mean about getting Jet Punch'd. However, if my opponent uses their head, they'll find that KOing the Altarias will be a much better use of their time as Altaria is a Stage 1. I'm not really worried.

This idea is getting scrapped. Please don’t comment here anymore, for it will be to no avail.
If you want to help the Goomy cause, please refer to my Goomy/Kartana GX thread (link in original post).
Thanks, though.

Back