Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

But can I transport my competitive viable Pokemon over to this Switch game? I worked hard and grinding out hours to get these Pokemon trained up. There must be a pay off for that, yeah?

Now, I'm mad.

Wait.
GO currently have Gen 3 mons so that means we can bring Latias in the game.

Nooooooooooooooo
Actually, its not so bad, a main line game in 2019 is ok with me
And, after watching the trailer, i approve. At least its got real battles unlike gos crappy tap battling

This is super hype!

So what if the mechanics of catching gets changed? It might be optional.
Everything else is so perfect that it's great!

So much Gen 1 fanservice -_-

Holy crap though that trailer. Multiplayer??? FINALLY!!! Honestly this is looking better and better despite the fact that Pikachu and Eevee of all Pokémon are introducing us to Pokémon on the Switch. And honestly, I’m excited for the Go-style catching—it feels more immersive. As long as battles are left mechanically unchanged, this looks like it’s going to be AMAZING.

Shame that we only got 2 years in Alola though. It feels rushed somehow.

Regardless, I'm definitely hyped.

Last edited:
Nope. This doesn't make me happy at all. I'm sick of Kanto, I was never a fan of Pokemon GO, and I do not like that it seems that there are no new Pokemon (unless the teaser at the end was referencing that). I'm now looking forward to the core games coming in 2019.

tfw Dual Ball is a canon thing on a Pokémon game now...

Seems interesting, definitely looking into GO's success, and trying to work from there. Hopefully it means more influence from GameFreak into the app's future!

One wonder though, how the hell are GO pokémon gonna work when transferred? I assume there's gonna be some way of avoiding getting 27 Charizard/Legendaries? Hmm...

I'm still waiting for the Pokeball accessories to interact with each other. There's something both awesome and hilarious about the idea of challenging a random passerby to a battle right then and there because you notice they're also carrying around a Pokeball.

Oh shite
I just realized. With the pokemon go catch mechanic, TPCi/gamefreak has eliminated the worst part of catching pokemon: them struggle killing themself. Im hyped now

THE HYPE IS REAL. Wait, can that Pokeball control the whole game?! The big question for me is if it'll play exactly like Red (which I would love) or different.

So here is the thing, many of us have played a gen 1 games. Either the original release, FR/LG, or Virtual Console. But for some this will be their first step into Kanto. Which makes sense for a new system when you think about it. Yes, I would have liked Gen 8 myself, but I'm not gonna hate on these games. I welcome them with open arms, catching mechanics and all!

they also announced a core game coming in late 2019, makes me wonder if Let's Go isn't considered a core rpg game

o_O Oh wow! This is amazing! Wowwowwowowow! I wonder what the new Pokémon will be? Fingers crossed for Gorachu! (I bet I’m the only one who realized that this game releases on the same day as The Crimes of Grindelwald. :p)

Back