'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Steven decision to pull 2 Steven decisions and Ultra Ball, yep not the best strategy but that how do you get Steven Decisions on discard pile

If my counts are right between SM7 and Champion's Road so far, there are going to be some weird overlaps on Basic Pokemon. Namely, there would be three separate versions of both Torchic and Bagon.

Obviously this isn't the first time we've had three different versions of the same Pokemon in a set (Chespin in BKT), but considering all the other Pokemon in this set with two versions (Treecko, Seedot, Mudkip, Shuppet, Beldum, Whismur), I think packs for CLS could end up being v. interesting

that metagross ability is fudging bonkers, if you set it up you can literally steven for rare candy, metagross, and whatever and immediately set up another beldum.

Just the shame that the attack is trash.
i disagree, 60 damage for one energy, while allowing you to set up via steven decision into rare candy, metagross GX and steven decision, AND THEN hitting for 60? and next turn it hits for 120? it's REALLY good.

and it being only one energy you could even use max potion if the opponent can't KO it while you set up your bench

That regular form Deoxys will see play similar to how Mewtwo was. That 120 HP sucks though. A Tate and Liza card? That one has me curious.

Metagross is going to see play in Metagross GX decks. One energy and then be able to set up a Steven's Decision as well? Damn.

Wailord is interesting but that high attack cost plus the effect is all kinds of bad. Although Wailord plus Shining Celebi could be interesting.

Last edited:
Nice to see a Ken Sugimori Torkoal card with its correct typing lol.

Really cool to see a Minior core form card. The artwork is really nice.

That is one oversized Wailmer.

Last edited:
metagross is kinda beast. Getting the three cards you need without turn ends, nice!

i disagree, 60 damage for one energy, while allowing you to set up via steven decision into rare candy, metagross GX and steven decision, AND THEN hitting for 60? and next turn it hits for 120? it's REALLY good.

and it being only one energy you could even use max potion if the opponent can't KO it while you set up your bench

If your opponent won't shuffle your hand to destroy your Steven's chain, then yes.

220 hp wailord and 170 metagross? ffs this is the most obvious hp creep why do they do this

also tate and liza is, like, unnecessarily bad.

commandment shrine is reeeeally nice for damage spread decks though.

I like that Metagross and Claydol (which is one of my favourite Pokemon by the way, altough I know it's more or less irrelevant). Claydol is sort of meme-y though. (But I still like it. If nothing else then the usual "just use Battle Compressor in Expanded" trick.)

Also, I think Shiftry-GX is dope. Zoroark/Shiftry? Judge your opponent to 4 then hit for 210. Judge doesn't hurt you much because you're with Zoroark. Shiftry is also quite tanky.

That Deoxys is a straight EVO Mewtwo replacement for people who want to tech against Buzzwole.

Luvdisc is yet another option to fill your bench in a post-Brigette Standard format.

Hustle Belt with Metagross? Instead of going down the usual defensive Max Potion route now you can use this instead so that Metagross won't struggle to hit good numbers. You'd have to rely on your opponent to miss a KO though so it's not the best strategy.

All-in-all a cool set imo, sort of makes up for Champion's Road. Too bad the baby Altaria reprint is no in this set though and a I'm bit disappointed at the lack of good Prism Stars. Kyogre, Groudan and Deoxys should have gotten (playable) Prism Stars.

Last edited:
Interesting Trainers. Rainbow brush is a Smeargle BKT in item form. Might help A-Execuggotor cheese decks

Crisis Potion, could be an interesting way to heal your potion. You keep your energy, but can only heal below a very narrow range.

Hustle Belt is the sort of tool that basically punishes you opponent for not taking a knockout. at the very least, it opens your pokemon to deliver one last hurrah. Also, Night March Joltik might have just gained huge boost lol

So. Is it safe to start working on decks for next format? Or no?
I guess? If it is anything like the last two years, there is really only the World Championships between the release of this set and the next rotation. You might want to wait for the November set to see what trainers get a reprint like Super Rod or Float Stone

Back