• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Greninja GX Lycanroc GX

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
18 Pokémon

3x Greninja GX
3x Frogadier
3x Froakie
3x Rockruff
3x Lycanroc GX
1x Latios SHL
2x Tapu Lele GX

4x Brooklet Hill
4x Cynthia
2x Professor Kukui
3x Choice Band
4x Ultra Ball
2x Acerola
3x Timer Ball
4x Guzma
2x Field Blower
2x Aqua Patch
4x Devolution Spray

4x DCE
5x Water Energy
3x Rainbow Energy

Theres some missing spots im not sure what to do with, the goal of this decks is to use Lycanroc's ability to snatch up Pokemon damaged by Greninja's and Frogadier's ability then switch back to Greninja for cheeky KO's, devolution spray to keep spamming the abilities over and over.

I might run this next rotation so please tell me if this is a viable deck or not.

Last edited:

kgamer7

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty interesting deck idea! But what are the two mallow for? without trade you just put two cards on the top of your deck. Also not sure if you are building for post rotation but if you aren't I would recommend putting in a couple N and there seems to be about 65 cards in this list if i can count right

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
edited the list, yes this is post rotation, so thats why theres no N.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Bump?

Would really love advice, something im not getting.

My advice? Don't be so pushy on getting people to respond. It's been under 24 hours so I think it's safe to say most people haven't seen your thread. With that aside, here are my thoughts.

"This is your first time writing a poem, right?
I guessed that it might be after reading through it.
It's just that there are specific writing habits that are usually typical of new writers.
I think the most noticeable thing I recognize in new writers is that they try to make their style very deliberate.
In other words, they tend to pick a writing style separate from the topic matter, and they form-fit the two together.
The end result is that both the style and the expressiveness are weakened."
- Yuri, Doki Doki Literature Club

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
"This is your first time writing a poem, right?
I guessed that it might be after reading through it.
It's just that there are specific writing habits that are usually typical of new writers.
I think the most noticeable thing I recognize in new writers is that they try to make their style very deliberate.
In other words, they tend to pick a writing style separate from the topic matter, and they form-fit the two together.
The end result is that both the style and the expressiveness are weakened."
- Yuri, Doki Doki Literature Club

To further add onto this, I'm going to refer you back to this post I made on a thread of yours a while ago: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...-gardevoir-gx-sylveon-gx.146395/#post-2929499

Because you've basically made the exact same mistake. You should probably read through that thread and see what I mean, because I'm going to give you my exact same thoughts. This saves me from repeating myself.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Violet that statement doesnt apply here, the cards mesh, they have brooklet and a nice intertwining strat that works.

This is basically Buzzroc with more set up.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Violet that statement doesnt apply here, the cards mesh, they have brooklet and a nice intertwining strat that works.

This is basically Buzzroc with more set up.

Saying "The cards intertwine because they have Brooklet Hill" is like putting a Lapras-GX in your Passimian deck and saying they have synergy.

If it's "a Buzzroc deck with more set-up", then simply play a Buzzroc deck with a tweaked engine to allow for a faster set-up, and go with something that has been proven to work, not base your synergy off a Stadium card and shuffle two different decks together to see what sticks.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
It sounds to me like you're attempting to defend your choice of building this deck and how it can be considered viable instead of actually taking the advice you seem to be so pushy about receiving.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
I’m definitely in agreement with Violet here. While it’s a cute concept, a card like Greninja GX can’t really be successfully run with something like Lycanroc. Greninja requires maximum investment in its line in order to be effective as a sniper that relies on evolution. Your list runs four Guzma, which can be pretty reliable for bringing stuff up. An important thing to keep in mind, especially with such a high Guzma count, is that Greninja has a pretty bad retreat cost of 2. I would consider running one or two of the Tapu Koko promo for additional bench damage and a good pivot back to a Greninja following a Guzma. Another thing that’s very important is a notable lack of Rescue Stretcher. If you lose any Froakie early on, it could be bad for future execution of Greninja’s Ability.

So, with that in mind, here’s what I would do:
- 3 Rockruff
- 3 Lycanroc GX
- 1 Latios
-3 Rainbow Energy

+ 1 Froakie
+ 1 Frogadier
+ 1 Greninja GX
+ 1 Tapu Lele GX (your draw engine is four Cynthia, this is kinda big)
+ 1 Tapu Koko
+ 1 Rescue Stretcher
+ 1 Field Blower (if I remember correctly, there’s a Stadium that prevents Bench damage coming soon, that could really mess you up)
+ 3 Water Energy

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
It sounds to me like you're attempting to defend your choice of building this deck and how it can be considered viable instead of actually taking the advice you seem to be so pushy about receiving.

Im just not understanding how youre not seeing the concept viable.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I’m definitely in agreement with Violet here. While it’s a cute concept, a card like Greninja GX can’t really be successfully run with something like Lycanroc. Greninja requires maximum investment in its line in order to be effective as a sniper that relies on evolution. Your list runs four Guzma, which can be pretty reliable for bringing stuff up. An important thing to keep in mind, especially with such a high Guzma count, is that Greninja has a pretty bad retreat cost of 2. I would consider running one or two of the Tapu Koko promo for additional bench damage and a good pivot back to a Greninja following a Guzma. Another thing that’s very important is a notable lack of Rescue Stretcher. If you lose any Froakie early on, it could be bad for future execution of Greninja’s Ability.

So, with that in mind, here’s what I would do:
- 3 Rockruff
- 3 Lycanroc GX
- 1 Latios
-3 Rainbow Energy

+ 1 Froakie
+ 1 Frogadier
+ 1 Greninja GX
+ 1 Tapu Lele GX (your draw engine is four Cynthia, this is kinda big)
+ 1 Tapu Koko
+ 1 Rescue Stretcher
+ 1 Field Blower (if I remember correctly, there’s a Stadium that prevents Bench damage coming soon, that could really mess you up)
+ 3 Water Energy

Thanks I guess, I guess Ill just have to run this similarly to how I did Greninja BREAK.