• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Empoleon/Zoroark GX

RocknerdMMXIII

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so Im new to this community so bare with me. It's been years since I used one of these things.

So since the release of forbidden light I've been waiting to see anyone play a version of Empoleon with the metal typing. Since I've only seen one deck on YouTube so far I figured I'd give it a go myself.

4 x piplup (upr 32)
2 x primplup (upr 33)
4 x Empoleon (81 fbl)
3 x zorua (52 slg)
3 x zoroark gx (53 sgl)
1 x registeel (68 cin)
1 x Kartana gx (106 cin)

2 x Pokemon fan club (133 upr)
3 x Cynthia (119 upr)
2 x Sycamore (107 bkp)
1 x n (105 fco)
3 x Guzma (115 bus)
1 x mallow (127 bus)
1 x skyla (148 bkt)

1 x pal pad (132 upr)
1 x Rescue Stretcher (132 gri)
2 x Field Blower (125 gri)
3 x Choice Band (121 gri)
3 x Rare Candy (129 sum)
1 x Float Stone (137 bkt)
4 x Ultra Ball (135 sum)
2 x captivating poké puff (99 sts)

8 x metal Energy
4 x double colourless energy

Any thoughts on modifications or better supports?

Last edited:

Matux

Aspiring Trainer
Differents problems I see :

You don't have any staple in your archetype. Pokemon fan club is useless if you can't get it turn 1 or 2 and your outs of getting it are 2/60.
You don't have any draw engine like Zoroark GX, oranguru or octillery, so you'll be stuck really often with few useless cards.
You don't have enough draw supporters (3 cynthia + 1 N + 2 sycamore = 6/60 cards). If you don't have any lele, because you mostly have 6 cards hands during a game with cynthia/sycamore, you need to have 1/6 card of your deck to be a draw supproter to not be stuck. So it's 10 minimum. I highly recommend 14-16 in a no lele build.
Pal pad is not that great : If you draw it without a supporter card in the discard pile, it's useless. If you do have some, you can't use a supporter with this card, that would allow you to draw instead. Replace it by an other supporter.
Mallow is kinda bad if you can't search it or reuse it with versus seeker (RIP) or combine it with a draw engine.
It's hard to have the combo rare candy + pokemon without evosoda/ball or any staple to find your skyla. Maybe your may use more zoroark early on and build big empoleons during this time for mid/late game.
No stadium card, and 2 field blowers are not that much so you can't survive to parallel city that destroy your deck.
Float stone looks really useless because your early attackers are zoroark that have the Stand in ability.
You don't use counter energy but you have stage 2 pokemons so you'll be behind in early so counter energy is really strong. Imagine, your opponent takes 2 prize cards and you have an empoleon. You attach a counter energy. BOOM! One shot, you have 4 prize cards remaining as well and next turn, you can just attach a metal energy to attack again.

Personal changes I would make :

- 1 registeel
+ 1 solgaleo prism
- 1 kartana gx
- 1 piplup
+ 1 primplup
- 1 empoleon
+ 1 oranguru

4/4/4 Sycamore / N / Cynthia
- 2 pokemon fan club
+ 1 skyla
- 1 mallow

+ 1 Mt Coronet
- 1 pal pad
- 1 float stone
- 2 rare candy
+ 2 nest ball
+ 1 evosoda

- 5 metal energy
+ 2 counter energy

RocknerdMMXIII

Aspiring Trainer
What's the planned strategy for this deck?
That's a good question. I've not really thoufht about it that much.

Generally draw through zoroark to set up the Empoleons and when possible grab a quick prize card with Kartana's GX move. Use regi to grab energy from the discard to load benched pokemon and soften high HP attackers.

Matux

Aspiring Trainer
Oh that's really different so. Do you have any tapu lele to have a consistent turn 1 brigette ?

Matux

Aspiring Trainer
I was playing a list with aqua version of empoleon, which is interesting for aqua patch, but i miss poke puff that sounds great.

##Pokémon - 19

* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 3 Piplup UPR 32
* 3 Empoleon UPR 34
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 1 Mew-EX LTR RC24

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 3 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 N NVI 101
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Aqua Patch GRI 161
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 3 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165

##Energy - 7

* 3 Water Energy CIN 124
* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by DeckBox ******

Charles Bachand

CStyle
I have had a lot of success running Water Empoleon with Glaceon GX. The idea of a Metal Empoleon not being strong kind of baffles me. I am looking at testing it with Dusk Mane Necrozma and a 2/2 line of Megnazone (plus eliminate the stage 1 evolve for Empoleon and use Zoroark GX plus a 1 off Marshadow GX). Once your set up everything becomes discard bait for Zoroark GX and the use of Energy Retrieval is intriguing. Let us all not forget we lose Parallel City and Garbotoxin this rotation.