Discussion Zoroark/Garbodor

Redcubone02

Aspiring Trainer
Can someone point me in the right direction as to this decks placement in the upcoming meta. And a better list as in testing I have been losing a bit . I believe this is do to misplays and such , I am confused as to how long ability lock for my opponent should last and at what number of items should I bring out trashvalanche? Thanks for any feedback as I am highly considering this deck in the future along with others

Sounds like an interesting deck idea! I can see that as being an underdog type of deck, but with a lot of potential :)

-Typically Garbodor players run 2 Garbotoxin and 2 Trashalanche with 4 Trubbish of course (I used the Guardians Rising ones when I played Golisopod/Garbodor). Garbotoxin lasts as long as there's a tool attached to Garb before it gets Field Blower'd away, so an exact time varies.

-When rotation hits later this year you could replace a 1-1 line with a 1-1 Alolan Grimer/Alolan Muk (Sun and Moon base set), Alolan Muk's Power of Alchemy ability is similar to Garbotoxin, but applies only to Basic Pokemon.

-The number of items needed to execute an effective Trashalanche is greatly varied, especially depending on what deck your opponent is playing. (i.e. If your opponent is playing Buzzwole, essentially you could have 4 items in their discard pile and attach a Choice Band to Garb for a OHKO, since Trashalanche hits for weakness)

Hope this was helpful!

This is definetly a tough deck to get used to. You have to be able to manage your own board while locking your opponent. It's a great deck. But misplays can cripple you severely.

Trashalanche is more of a late game cleaner, or your main counter to Buzzwole decks. And surely, the number of items should be enough so that you take a 1HKO.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Oranguru UPR 114
* 4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Kartana-GX CIN 106
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
* 3 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 4 Ultra Ball PLF 122
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Evosoda GEN 62
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 Choice Band BUS 162
* 3 Field Blower GRI 163
* 3 N NVI 101
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 162

##Energy - 8

* 4 Unit Energy {L}{P}{M} UPR 138
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

And here's a recent list that did well. Top 8 for that matter.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help my problem was I had no way to recover cards(forgot puzzles idk why) and misplays I think I'm going to try to grind with this deck as iits a very interesting and reactive deck that I enjoy playing. Thanks for all the help!

There was a lot of hype over a big regionals type event in Japan a couple of weeks ago where a Zoroark Garb list got 2nd place. Forbidden Light was legal then as well. I’ve been trying to find the list but have had no luck. They place a different format but still the main deck concepts can be adapted to over here. That list might not be a bad thing to search out.

This is definetly a tough deck to get used to. You have to be able to manage your own board while locking your opponent. It's a great deck. But misplays can cripple you severely.

Trashalanche is more of a late game cleaner, or your main counter to Buzzwole decks. And surely, the number of items should be enough so that you take a 1HKO.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Oranguru UPR 114
* 4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Kartana-GX CIN 106
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
* 3 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 4 Ultra Ball PLF 122
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Evosoda GEN 62
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 Choice Band BUS 162
* 3 Field Blower GRI 163
* 3 N NVI 101
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 162

##Energy - 8

* 4 Unit Energy {L}{P}{M} UPR 138
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

And here's a recent list that did well. Top 8 for that matter.

Hope this helps.

Just curious, is it worth worsening our energy just to play Kartana? There's a lot of non basic energy hate in the format and with there only being 8 energy in the deck, to me, it seems risky to splash.

Just curious, is it worth worsening our energy just to play Kartana? There's a lot of non basic energy hate in the format and with there only being 8 energy in the deck, to me, it seems risky to splash.
You have puzzles if you need to get them back

You have Puzzle of Time to get them back. And they are not exclusively for Kartana GX. They're also used for Trashalanche Garbodor for late game KOs and against Buzzwole.

You have Puzzle of Time to get them back. And they are not exclusively for Kartana GX. They're also used for Trashalanche Garbodor for late game KOs and against Buzzwole.

That's reasonable. My thought was to replace them with four psychic energy to cover Garbador. You make a point with the puzzles though. Thank you!

Back