1 Abomasnow
1 Floatzel
2 Sigilyph
1 Stunfisk
4 Heliolisk
And 1 Barbaracle

TheCandyFurret

Try not to pet me, I’m too adorable
If you check my status you will see which hunts I’m gonna do.
But I might shiny hunt Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Charmander, and Treecko in SOULSILVER since I want that to be main shiny hunting game. (Because gen 4 sparkles are the best) Let me know what you think of that.

TheCandyFurret

Try not to pet me, I’m too adorable
Yeah! Full-odds Shiny Sentret via LeafGreen! I chucked my Master Ball to be safe since my SP has a nasty habit of randomly shutting-off sometimes.

View attachment 15099

Sentret was the very first Pokémon I caught when I started playing the Pokémon games, so I've named her Uno for now. Might change it later. EDIT: Changed her name to Noa.

A part of me wants to keep her in Gen. III since I've found the fewest number of Shinies on those games, but I'll probably transfer her to HGSS so she can follow me around.

I can hardly wait to evolve her. Shiny Furret is the cutest! >w<
Yes! Evolve it into a Shiny Furret like my mascot!

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
According to my online Pokedex tracker I have 363 different shinies. I am mostly collecting Gens 1-3 shinies in a living dex format.

I also have 130 duplicate shinies. Most of the duplicates are from Friend Safari, hordes or fish chaining. For example I have 17 shiny Skrelp, 12 shiny Nidoran males and 6 shiny Diggersby.

Some of my notible shinies include (All are Gen 6)

My full odds random encounters
(Pawniard, Druddigon, Volbeat)

My full odd random encounter hunts
(Caterpie, Tauros, Psyduck, Golett, Panpour, Slowpoke, Litleo, Snubbull, Kecleon)

My 5% shinies
(Starly, Dratini, Kecleon)

My masuda method shinies
(Ralts, Miltank, Lickitung, Caterpie and Sudowoodo)

Most shinies found in one day using 5 different methods without shiny charm
Aug 20th, 2017 - 5 (Horde Hoppip, Dexnav Grimer, Friend Safari Forretress, Fish Chain Shellder, Masuda Sudowoodo)

Full odds fossil resetting
(Aerodactyl, Omanyte)

Longest hunts
Hordes: Vanillite 3,162
Fish chain: Basculin 268
Friend Safari: Audino: 2,321
Random encounter: Kecleon 6,155
Dexnav: Happiny 1,386

I should mention my 1 fail, it happened in Friend Safari, it was the 4th shiny Druddigon I ever found. I switched to Quagsire and accidentally hit Earthquake instead of Yawn. Oops. I removed Earthquake after this happened.

I’ve had a few close fails, I’ve encountered 3 Delibird’s where they had Vital Spirit and I had to throw a ball with only 15 chances. Another was knocking out 3 Vanillite then hitting a blank spot and having a 50/50 chance to knock out the non shiny one and it knocked out the non shiny one.

I’m usually careful with certain moves and will look up movesets/abilities before hunting. For example I’m dexnaving Persian and went into my living dex in Bank and found 2 Oblivious Pokemon, Slowbro with Thunder Wave and Jynx with Lovely Kiss. So if it has Limber or uses Taunt I’m ready

Last edited:

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
My 5% shinies
(Starly, Dratini, Kecleon)

Omg. I've been hunting this one for over 3 weeks now. How long did it take you to fish up a shiny Dratini?

EDIT: Oh, and I also just recently got my first charm-odds wild (In a horde) in XYORAS. It was a Wingull.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've been playing a lot of Johto lately, so I switched to Diamond last night for a change of scenery. I decided to hunt Stunky shortly after booting-up, but first went off to catch a Pokémon with an encounter-boosting Ability. While looking for that, a Shiny Bellsprout popped-up! I've already found a full-odds Shiny Bellsprout (and Weepinbell) previously, but I still may raise this one since it's on a different game.

I was playing again today and found a Shiny Geodude, which is sort of a reclaim Shiny (I lost a Shiny Graveler, my first Shiny fail, in Pearl years ago to Explosion).

Yes! Evolve it into a Shiny Furret like my mascot!
How could I not? Shiny Furret is precious! I used her as my partner in a new play-through of SoulSilver, though I'm disappointed that the pink hue isn't very pronounced in Shiny Furret's overworld. It almost looks like a regular Furret following me.

- - -

UPDATE (May 3, 2018): Switched from Stunky to hunt Sneasel and Vanillite instead, with a bit more focus toward Vanillite. Found two nearly-back-to-back Shinies in Black last night, but neither were what I wanted: Herdier and Timburr.

Last edited:

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
The Dratini was on a chain of 61. And it was right after I got a Basculin on a chain of 268.

I started fish chaining on that route using the superrod in May 2016 and got Dratini in November.

I caught 3 shiny Poliwhirl and 5 shiny Basculin before it.

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
The Dratini was on a chain of 61. And it was right after I got a Basculin on a chain of 268.

I started fish chaining on that route using the superrod in May 2016 and got Dratini in November.

I caught 3 shiny Poliwhirl and 5 shiny Basculin before it.

Wow. I've already gotten well over that number of Poliwhirl and Basculin. 12 Basculin and 11 Poliwhirl. I think chain fishing is spiting me XD.

Also.... Got quite a few horde shinies since my last post. And one shiny in Ultra Sun:

FoKV6s9.jpg

Here is my list of shinies: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxfgKmKe5habvuzWyIy5u51PIe1xm1BWKUdJb8teBE8/edit?usp=sharing

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I was pretty lucky with Dratini. Not as lucky with Nidoran(female). I horde hunted for it and here’s the chart

Stunky 5-15-17 429
Nidoran 6-8-17 967
Nidoran 6-19-17 435
Nidoran 9-18-17 1,187
Nidoran 9-19-17 26
Stunky 9-21-17 618
Nidoran 9-23-17 512
Nidoran 9-30-17 821
Stunky 10-1-17 116
Nidoran 10-1-17 96
Nidoran 10-19-17 2,152
Nidoran 10-19-17 46
Stunky 10-19-17 56
Stunky 10-24-17 179
Stunky 11-18-17 1,513
Nidoran 12-24-17 788
Nidoran 12-27-17 1,280
Starly 12-29-17 233

I started masuda method hunting for it Sept 18th, 2017 and have hatched 2,600 eggs without a shiny.

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
I'm not so much shiny hunting as I am breeding at the moment. I've been messing around with the Shiny Ditto trick in Gen I-II games and then using the shiny Ditto I catch to breed other shinies I want. I suppose there isn't a huge advantage of getting them in GSC over newer games, but at least I can give them weird ass moves (ex: Counter Alakazam). Shinies I've gotten in VC games so far are Raticate, Gyarados (duh), Ditto, and a Nidoran (M). My current project is Totodile.

In USUM I've been SOS chaining for some stuff and recently got a Shiny Timid Zorua and Calm Noibat along with some Ultra Space dudes: Timid Heliolisk, Quiet Altaria, and Lonely Thundurus. So far Synchronize has let me down for most of these guys (yay Zorua and Heliolisk). I also got an Impish Nihilego (ugh), Careful Celesteela, Adamant Pheromosa, and Quiet Xurkitree. At some point I'll get a count of my shinies. Last time I checked bank I was somewhere around 500 across all of my games. :p But, that does count the fact I have multiple of the shiny events that have been given away in the past. I have almost a box of Shiny Xerneas/Yveltal. :/

Collin

Aspiring Trainer
I've been wanting to jump into SOS chaining in USUM. I have built a team for it, does anyone have a suggestion for an easy Pokemon to start with to get used to the process?

Anime Psyclone

System Failure
I've been wanting to jump into SOS chaining in USUM. I have built a team for it, does anyone have a suggestion for an easy Pokemon to start with to get used to the process?
Pikipek isn't a rare one and it's shiny looks amazing. I'd suggest you start there. Cutifly is also a good pick.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
The Route 1 Pokémon would be the easiest to hunt, so stuff like Pikipek, Yungoos, Rattata, Grubbin and so on. Just be sure that you have lots of PP-restoring berries or Roto-Powers since it can take a while before your target shines :)

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Shiny hunted for the first time in about half a year. In two days, I found two shinies; a Stunky yesterday, and a Cubchoo about an hour ago; both in Pokemon X.

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
So a couple days ago, I decided to boot up Y and look for shiny Metang. It popped up after 5 encounters in Friend Safari:
53d36fd860.jpg