Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Day 7 Ends!

Everyone was in agreement - pikachuuuu had to be lynched.

"Woah, wait up guys!" pikachuuuu shouted.

...but it was too late - he had already reached majority.

pikachuuuu101 was lynched. They were...

You are Krookodile, and you’re aligned with the Mischief Makers. You’ve been committing no-good nefariousness and dastardly deeds since before most of these newcomers were even storyboarded. They oughta get off your lawn! Er, beach.

Passive Ability: Secret Chat :O
All you Mischief Makers decided beforehand that it would be good to set up a means of communication to discuss your plans with each other during all hours of the day and night. Good thing you did, eh? You will be sent that secret chat link in a separate post.

Active Ability: Tricky Tactics
If you can’t beat ‘em in a fair fight, better resort to other tactics––and who said anything about fair? Nobody knows that your vote made in-thread is actually fake––and you instead may cast your real vote in secret during the Day Phase. To cast this vote, use ##VOTE: PLAYER in your secret chat or in this PM (use < b> < /b> tags to bold stuff in your QuickTopic [no spaces]).

Win Condition: Achieve parity or better with the Innocent Beachgoers.

The beachgoers rejoiced - they had managed to lynch yet another Mischief Maker! However, it appeared that there was still more of them to find...

Night 7 Begin!
Night 7 ends in 24 hours, on 06:00 Saturday, 5 April (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

As per normal, we will not be accepting actions once the deadline specified above passes. A short period after this deadline falls will be used to process the actions and send out results PMs. Please note that nights will now be lasting 24 hours instead of 48.

Living players may send a single message not longer than 140 characters to the hosts (bbninjas and Jabberwock) during this Night Phase, if they so wish. These messages will be received by the player with the role of Pelipper. If you sent a message during the Day Phase, you may send another one during this Night Phase.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Some players were thrown into the spotlight during the night:

Someone keeps alert.
Someone scrounges around in someone else's belongings.
Someone sits around doing absolutely nothing.

The skies open up to depict a vision, and somehow - mysteriously - the beachgoers know deep down that the vision is accurate and true. The Pokemon Kingdra is not in the game.

Night 7 ends!

The days and hours were dwindling. The beachgoers knew that time was limited for them to figure out who else had been plotting all this mischief. The heavy weight of tension was wearing down many of the Pokemon, but that would not give up!

The beachgoers found mirdo dead that morning. They were:

You are Pikachu, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You’re everybody’s favorite lightning rat … at least until you get too close to the water where other Pokémon are playing. Then they’ll really be in for a shock.

Active Ability: Spotlight
You don’t really mind sharing the spotlight. After twenty years or so, it does start to get a little boring. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of three living players. You will push them into the spotlight, causing any actions they make during the Night (excluding the nightkill and Item passing) to be anonymously published in the upcoming Night Update. If you use this Ability, you must wait a Night Phase before you may use it again, to recharge.

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

But that was not all! The Last Shaymin had also been killed! They were:

You are Pelipper, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. Ever since you were just a wee gull back in gull school, you’ve never been able to resist passing messages. You were pretty good at not getting caught, too. If only there were some way you could put that to use, huh?

Active Ability: Send
As often as you like during the Day and the Night, you may PM me a message that is 140 characters or fewer, and a name of a living player. You will sign that message “Pelipper” and deliver it to that player. You may send each player a maximum of one message per cycle (collectively, one Day and one Night).

Active Ability: Receive
Twice in the game, during the Night Phase, you may choose to activate this Ability by PMing me. If you do, you may not use Send during the following cycle. Instead, it will be announced that players may send 140-character messages to a role named “Pelipper” during the upcoming Day Phase. (You will receive the messages sent in this way, but you will not know who sent them.)

Someone had scrawled “PELIPPER” onto The Last Shaymin’s body in shaky handwriting.

Day 8 Begin!
Day 8 ends in 48 hours, on 10:00 Monday, 7 May (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

There are 7 players alive, and the majority for an early lynch is 4 votes.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Okay, so that 2nd spotlight would be me trying to steal an item. It sounds a bit creepy, tho...

Ok, so I have a lead/hint about someone, but for that to be confirmed, @Lord o da rings should claim. Fully. Depending on what Abilities he has, there's a chance someone else is scum. It's not like we're going to be playing for long, this far into the game we can almost have no consequences given there's probably only 1 scum left.

Thoughts about trying it out?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Someone keeps alert. -- That was from me

I have an ability that might give a bit of insight into all of this, but it relies on us gathering information and putting it all together. We need some info - something to get us started here.
Thus, I also think a @Lord o da rings claim is necessary. Not vocal enough at all.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
@Mariano11887
Since Day 5 The only day we don't have namekill is when you are trapped and are unable to act. That, and DFL's role name was never publicly revealed.
Makes me think mafia just has a list of names ready to be used.

@Tyler Beta If you have anything that you can share with us, please do

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Ok, so I have a lead/hint about someone, but for that to be confirmed, @Lord o da rings should claim. Fully. Depending on what Abilities he has, there's a chance someone else is scum. It's not like we're going to be playing for long, this far into the game we can almost have no consequences given there's probably only 1 scum left.
Thus, I also think a @Lord o da rings claim is necessary. Not vocal enough at all.
Oh I thought Gekki had claimed by the time I'd been subbed in for him. Guess not. Here's my original role:
You are Mime Jr., and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. Mime! Mime, mime, mime, mime, mime. Mime mime mime! Mime. Mime mime mime? Mime, mime! Mime, mime mime mime, mime mime mime. Mime!

Active Ability: Mime Mime Mime!
You aren’t very good at thinking for yourself, so why not just copy somebody else? Once in the game, during the Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a dead player. You will gain that player’s Abilities. (Certain Passive Abilities cannot be copied in this way.)

And I have used that ability. It wouldn't be wise to share that information, however.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
I feel really bad for mafia. Their team so far has been really uncoordinated:
  • triplemo going kamikazee on their team
  • AP just simply giving up and indicating pika being scum
  • Simsands investigating AP, finding out he was mafia, but not telling the rest of the team
  • Pika making a really poor response for a role reveal
Makes me wonder how they are capable of getting so many successful NK's, not to mention name kills.

Drac and Yog have been carrying all their weight so far, but now that they are gone, who knows what might happen?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
But that's strange. We haven't had anyone complain about being unable to act throughout the night, and besides SM's delayed death, we haven't had anyone saved either...

Don't tell me you copied Jade's ability which allows you to get Pokemon role names freely?

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I was going to send the Soul Dew to Luis but then I got a message that it went missing. I assume Luis took it back? If not we seriously have to look at Lord. I got one more message (presumably) from Jade before it went missing:
Jade here. Pika is last scum. Luis and Robin are town. Get Pika outta there.

I suppose this message is kinda useless now. Luis has been on my confo town list since day 5 and we're still playing :/

It is possible that the remaining scum killed Mirdo because they have an active traceable ability. I think @Mariano11887 @Tapu Lele and myself are the only ones left to reveal their abilities. We should consider the proposal from yesterday and have all abilities out there (without role flavour since we still risk being name killed)

I have a passive ability that activates if I'm killed in the night. The player that attacked me will have their vote weight reduced to zero the next day. I also have a locked ability that unlocks when I get a certain item. The item indicates which Pokémon I am so I rather not disclose.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Oh I thought Gekki had claimed by the time I'd been subbed in for him. Guess not. Here's my original role:

And I have used that ability. It wouldn't be wise to share that information, however.
And why wouldn't it? You've already claimed your name, which means it's likely that you'll be killed by the name killer. It only makes sense for you to not claim that information if you're scum.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Someone sits around doing absolutely nothing.
That is likely to be me, but it could be someone else who also did nothing.

@Mariano11887
Since Day 5 The only day we don't have namekill is when you are trapped and are unable to act. That, and DFL's role name was never publicly revealed.
Makes me think mafia just has a list of names ready to be used.
I was (and I am) unable to act because I don't have an active ability, I only have a passive one.

It is possible that the remaining scum killed Mirdo because they have an active traceable ability. I think @Mariano11887 @Tapu Lele and myself are the only ones left to reveal their abilities. We should consider the proposal from yesterday and have all abilities out there (without role flavour since we still risk being name killed)
My claim would only hurt the town. I consider my passive ability a powerful one and if I claim, scum could act against it.

Regarding Lorde's case... Her claimed ability is NAI, could be scum or town in my opinion. But we need to hear more form her, at least some reads.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Oh and this, from the last Day:
I have a pokemon that can use metronome and I randomly used it on TapuLele and got Yog's ability. It told me that Tapu Lele did not get acted upon during the night. Here is the post: You waggle your finger at Tapu Lele and Mariano. You place a bubble around Tapu Lele, and find that no one acted on Tapu Lele during the Night.
Sorry, I'm not understanding this. Why is my name there? And also, why does it say "Mariano" and not "Mariano11887". If that is a message from bbninjas, I think he would've put my complete name.
It appears you targeted 2 people. Is this because Ace used Di Nuovo on you during the night he died, or is it because you simply can target 2 people?

Also, does it do the same move to both targets, or one different move per target?
Dash, can you please answer these questions?

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
After all I'm seeing, people are pretty much just try to lock down and hold tight. It's hard to say what will happen next. I don't know anything other than that

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
@Robin Aisaga Luis could not have stolen the soul dew back.
You are Barbaracle, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You may be all thumbs, but you can still be really handy to have around. You’re an old hand at this, with real firsthand experience at dealing with thugs like those darn Mischief Makers––plus, you know this beach like the back of your hand.

Active Ability: The Upper Hand
You’re very tolerant, but sometimes people just force your hand. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. If that player is holding an Item, you will take it off their hands for them. You will not steal an Item if you were holding it during the previous Night Phase, and you can’t steal more than one Item in this way. (Which Item you steal, if more than one, will be determined randomly.)

But, there is one other obvious possibility -
@DashKing What does your coveted soul dew say?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
I will reveal what my role does as soon as @Lord o da rings can give us more information on her role. Gekki could have copied PMJ and helped us immensely, but that does not appear to be the case. Jade's role could have also been copied, explaining why DFL's name was known by the name killer

I want to know at the very least when the copy ability was used.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Also, what happened to our choice band? I had it a night ago, but then it got passed randomly as I tried giving it to the dying MegaPod.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Jade's role could have also been copied, explaining why DFL's name was known by the name killer
This makes a lot of sense to me.
Additionally, if Lorde is town and copied some useful ability, why is she so quiet? If she has a useful ability for the town, I think she would be more active, but I've not seen her contributing to find scum.
I'll put some pressure and see what happens. ##VOTE: Lord o da rings

Status
Not open for further replies.