News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

That would make the most sense. Whether or not that means it's more likely or less likely to happen however is probably 50:50.

I still have no idea from where Mr.Mime came from, but whatever.

The legendary fire red leaf green set - so awesome he got 2 EXS!

Who wanted this full art?

ANSWER: no one

Who wants a Copycat full art instead?

ANSWER: Everyone.
This...

I think even if the card had his anime portrayal instead of rocking a screwdriver and some circuit boards would have been better! But I suppose it is bill's maintenance not just bill..

Last edited by a moderator:
The tyranitars trample Attack is really badly worded. does it mean for every heads you do 60 to each benched Pokémon?

I believe its suppose to be you flip a coin in regards to each benched pokemon, (p1,p2,p3,etc.) for each heads, the corresponding number pokemon (toss#1=p1) takes 60. So its a 50% chance snipe against each pokemon. 10 on the bench, 10 tosses.

I go a like on your reply because I understand your side, and I learned from it. Steelix deck was good because of... Cleffas, Special Metal. Yeah. Thanks, sir. About the Geodude system, the rating depends on how good this card should be.

I am glad you understood, and even happier you could learn something from it. :) Again, sorry it was so messy.

I realize the amount of Geodudes is supposed to depend upon how good the card actually is, but I don't know what the Geodudes actually indicate. Is low good or bad? I'm assuming bad, but I don't know the minimum or maximum possible score, and what they roughly correspond with either in terms of real-world examples or general concepts. Feel free to explain, or if it is already too tedious, don't sweat it. :)

The only kind of person that would do that is someone who doesn't have a basic grasp of the English language and therefore should not be playing a game that requires the player to be able to read. It would have to be typed out as "B-A-L-L" on the card in order for that to be the meaning and not searching for the isolated word those letters make.

I don't think you understood my comment. Let me try again.

I was not advocating that players be allowed to use Apricorn Maker to search out Balloon Berry; I was pointing out that @Water Pokémon Master should be rash about rulings that are not yet official. I found out by asking, that Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick uses a different word for "ball" in the original Japanese text than Apricorn Maker does. That is why Apricorn Maker cannot search out Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

Water Pokémon Master did not use such reasoning. He took an older ruling and extrapolated from it... which isn't a problem when you are clear you're extrapolating and the final ruling may be different. The older ruling Water Pokémon Master cited was about Balloon Berry and Apricorn Maker. I was not challenging that ruling, but asking Water Pokémon Master if he really thought chopping a word in half was really the same thing as... well... legitimately containing the word, and in a context where it seemed to be talking about Poké Balls. His answer to me acted as if these were indeed the same.

He appealed to the "spirit" of the rules versus the letter of the rules to back his position. Sometimes such an appeal is valid, but as I also pointed out, Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick may actually fit that spirit. I mentioned I wouldn't be opposed to it, because using a Supporter to search out another Supporter usually isn't all that effective, and also that I suspect Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick is going to be banned sooner or later anyway, because as long as it is in Expanded, it is just a matter of time before another Fighting Type is broken by its effect.

As for the person who asked about Balloon Berry in the first place, it probably takes a solid grasp of English to see if such an exploit exists. It is also wrong to assume this person had nefarious purposes in asking; it may have actually come up in a game where an opponent tried it or the person may have been bringing it up to close such a loophole.

The suggestion by @jessalakasam to change the text to "Item" doesn't seem like a good one unless the translator goofed. Item cards are Trainers, but not all Trainers are Item cards. I don't think any non-Item other than Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick contains the word "Ball" in it, and we now know that Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick actually uses a different word in Japanese than Apricorn does for "ball". As such, only Item cards are going to be affected. However, if they wanted it to forever be restricted to Items, I think they would have worded it that way already. Maybe they don't plan on making any non-Item Trainer cards that would qualify in the foreseeable future, or maybe they do and want Apricorn Maker to be compatible.

The suggestion by @jessalakasam to change the text to "Item" doesn't seem like a good one unless the translator goofed. Item cards are Trainers, but not all Trainers are Item cards. I don't think any non-Item other than Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick contains the word "Ball" in it, and we now know that Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick actually uses a different word in Japanese than Apricorn does for "ball". As such, only Item cards are going to be affected. However, if they wanted it to forever be restricted to Items, I think they would have worded it that way already. Maybe they don't plan on making any non-Item Trainer cards that would qualify in the foreseeable future, or maybe they do and want Apricorn Maker to be compatible.
Firstly, all supporters are based off people, and all stadiums are based off of places. This means that they will never print a "ball" card as either of these. Also, in Japan they didn't need to word it that way, since as you mentioned Maxie's doesn't use the word "ball". It would be more confusing for younger players if they keep the wording as trainer cards and not item cards

Firstly, all supporters are based off people, and all stadiums are based off of places. This means that they will never print a "ball" card as either of these. Also, in Japan they didn't need to word it that way, since as you mentioned Maxie's doesn't use the word "ball". It would be more confusing for younger players if they keep the wording as trainer cards and not item cards

All modern Supporters are based off of characters... and characters can use Poké Balls.

It may be a non-issue here as well, as I'm seeing other translations where Apricorn indeed restricts itself to Item! Much ado about nothing, eh? :)

I am glad you understood, and even happier you could learn something from it. :) Again, sorry it was so messy.

I realize the amount of Geodudes is supposed to depend upon how good the card actually is, but I don't know what the Geodudes actually indicate. Is low good or bad? I'm assuming bad, but I don't know the minimum or maximum possible score, and what they roughly correspond with either in terms of real-world examples or general concepts. Feel free to explain, or if it is already too tedious, don't sweat it. :).

You know how books, dishes, or even hotels rated on how great they are? They are ranked by using stars. My version uses Geodudes to rate how the card is in the meta. Because some of the Rhyperior Dex entries states that Rhyperior fires Geodudes so I use it as my reference.

You know how books, dishes, or even hotels rated on how great they are? They are ranked by using stars. My version uses Geodudes to rate how the card is in the meta. Because some of the Rhyperior Dex entries states that Rhyperior fires Geodudes so I use it as my reference.

l o r e

I’m 100% a collector. But due to the Sun and Moon sets being so big I had to give up collecting the sets.

However I’m happy when Pokemon get full art cards for the first time. Moreso Gen 1-6 Pokemon. Mr.Mime and Electrode getting full arts was a surprize. Also happy for Salamence.

Its kind of annoying when the legendaries and some Pokemon like Gardevoir and Lucario gets 100’s and others get none.

He said in order, as in Maxie's hidden BALL trick, not Bursting bALLoon or even bursting BALLoon.
it only searches for ball in its name, balloon is not a ball. The supporter only allows you to get Items named ball, maxie trick is a supporter. Also its counterintuitive to use a supporter to get another supporter out.

Omg if it does I’m gonna be shook
its a remake of johto pokemon, Weavile, dusk stones dint exist til 4th generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that they're reprinting Ho-Oh, but not the Lugia and Skarmory that go with it. Hopefully they'll make an appearance in the next set.

I'm really excited to see what FA Copycat will look like.

it only searches for ball in its name, balloon is not a ball. Some people need to go back and take an english class. The supporter only allows you to get Items named ball, maxie trick is a supporter. Also its counterintuitive to use a supporter to get another supporter out.

its a remake of johto pokemon, Weavile, dusk stones dint exist til 4th generation.
Ik it means Items, I was explaining what he meant by in order. But yes, I should have used a different example.

Definitely better than Xy Evolution redo's from a competitive stand point. But they have more to work with of course , and when it's combine for Celestial Storm with Rayquaza/Ultra Beasts should be a huge a set with a lot of changes to meta game.

Back