News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

Now we just need the ludicolo card from ex Deoxys and we can re-build the famous Ludicolo/ magcargo deck.

Iv'e been reading a lot of Jason Klaczynski's blog on the generation 3 format, in case you couldn't tell.

and @AshCo Zoroark/ Magcargo will indeed be a completely busted deck
or maybe just Slush Rush?

I'm banking on them reprinting Battle Frontier as a way to control Zoroark, both Sableye and Magcargo are amazing support for that already great card.

Looks at Zoroark*

Looks at Macargo*

Me to TCPI: Aw **** I cant believe you done this.

I love Electrode-GX. Despite it costing you 2 prizes, the energy acceleration it provides can make a whole bunch of things viable. Unfortunately N will rotate about the time when this card comes out but we still have hand disruption in the form of Judge (getting reprinted in the same set) and SHL Marshadow. The GX attack is nice if you plan on using it as a plan B.

Not too sure about Banette-GX. The ability is nice for adding numbers and after that it can do 2HKO damage and recover cards but doesn't look like too much of a threat to me (I mean, of course against Buzzwole and other psychic-weak fighting types but other than that). I don't think the 100 damage restriction was necessary when making this card, you only add 10 damage per supporter, as well as the fact that Sycamore will also rotate making the process of ditching supporters much harder. Also, being weak to dark where Zoroark can do a lot of things? Not impressed.

Glad to see the Sableye back, just a nice simple ability for managing what cards you want to draw.

And I'd totally use those rainbow energies over the ones in Sun and Moon.

Everyone mentions this card with Zoroark-GX, because you should. Stage 1's, even in a deck with like 5 or 7 of them, have been super easy to get out, and Magcargo is no exception. What's the point of using the Ludicolo or Alolan Sandslash or whatever when you have access to Zoroark-GX? The reason that comes to the top of my head is Glaceon-GX, but that card / deck despite it's tournament results really doesn't show up that often. Have 2 Magcargo's and Zoroarks on the board and you have the ability to search any 2 cards in your deck per turn and without the use of a supporter! (Mallow). Then again, Buzzwole will probably be super strong again with the release of Forbidden Light. Zoroark probably needs this.

Wish they would just give the new GX's like Scizor, Bannette, etc actual new cards since it's their first time getting a GX card. Kinda disappointed because that means Kyogre and Groudon won't be completely new cards as GX cards, when they deserve to be completely new.

Electrode GX/ with Ultra Beasts should be at least fun to test out. Since you can potentially power up some Naganadel's and then access beast ring.

Magcargo sets up Oranguru and Octillery well, also. Just need to pull one card to get a Cynthia, rare candy, choice band (for a KO), guzma, a desired evolve, or whatever else one needs at that moment. It makes for a busy bench, but losing only 1 prize card for each is a palatable price for enabling zoarark-level consistency and turn-after-turn draw selectivity (!).

I can’t be the only one in love with Banette right?
As much as it pains me to say it needs Zoroark to function, this time it at least has the reason that Zoroark sets up it’s attack, for one psychic i might add. With 4 supporter and a band, you one shot Buzzwole. 5 and a band you one shot Lucario. Sure, it’s has downsides (190 HP is pitiful) but I think it’s worth more consideration, especially with a possible Mr Mime GX atound the corner
I love it. Banette is my favourite pokemon, besides Glaceon and Leafeon, and I called Banette GX waaaay back in January 2017. They gave me Toxapex GX instead, but now they are forgiven.

It's... Going to get wrecked fighting, but this is some pretty insane support.

Zoroark/Magcargo is the most disgusting thing I've seen in the TCG since pre-LTCg Ban Seismitoad/Shaymin. It makes me want to vomit over my computer screen.

Everyone is talking about Banette's GX weakness but did you guys forgot that Zoroark GX is weak to Buzzwole GX and Buzzwole GX is also everywhere but still everyone still plays Zoroark GX? And the fact that Gardevoir GX still sees some play despite being weak to metal which is slowly becoming meta worthy? No? Than stop downgrading Banette GX just because of the weakness the card is good period.

However Electrode GX is horrible no one wants to give up two prize cards just like that in any circumstances in the current meta what were they thinking? It's not viable, just play Magnezone it got reprinted as a lightning type and it only gives up a single prize card so it's a better option.

Everyone is talking about Banette's GX weakness but did you guys forgot that Zoroark GX is weak to Buzzwole GX and Buzzwole GX is also everywhere but still everyone still plays Zoroark GX? And the fact that Gardevoir GX still sees some play despite being weak to metal which is slowly becoming meta worthy? No? Than stop downgrading Banette GX just because of the weakness the card is good period.

The difference between Banette GX being weak to dark and Zoroark GX being weak to fighting is that it's extremely easy for Zoroark GX to hit 100 damage before applying weakness than it is for Buzzwole GX to hit 110 damage.

Being weak to dark is just one of many things that's bad about Banette.

While not potentially top-tier, Electrode opens up several possibilities in both formats for energy acceleration for decks that either have a very limited option for that or have no option for it at all. Magnezone is not an Electrode-GX replacement because with Electrode you can attach any sort of energy cards. Just because something is yellow doesn't mean you have to use it with other yellow cards, that's not how the game functions.

Not saying it will be 100% meta but it's definitely not Banette-level bad.

Last edited:
The difference though is that Zoro decks are duo'd with a second attacker (like Golisopod or Lycanroc) that has a DIFFERENT WEAKNESS and this works because Zoroark GX is very splashable and only needs DCE to attack (and Trade is that good).

Banette's attack gimmick requires the entire deck be built around it which will make it not viable to bring an effective different weakness attacker into the deck.

Also Metal has not become meta worthy, and the only one close to it (dusk mane) can OHKOs garde's regardless on weakness

Ok I'm coming out of hiding for this one cause these are just straight up Screw ups and missed opportunities. I am going to start with Electrode.

http://www.pokebeach.com/cardsearch/cardinfo.php?card=Electrode-ex-EX-FireRed-and-LeafGreen-107
Like compared to the original which came out in 2004 this one is just pathetic. for the same energy cost as a attack that was used and put into decks during that format we are getting 50 damage.... You couldn't even give us 100 damage on that? Are you still worried Electric type is too good after giving us that 4 energy attacker of Raikou GX? We don't even have a viable Electric type GX other than Raichu! (Xurketree is decent but not really what people are looking for unlike Aiegislash which played the Metal type and their support cards well for the time Xurk is meh) Now on to the GX attack which is the main attack of the old one. Which OK sure that's fine that's what you've been doing with all the other reprints. But to make the only decent attack on the thing be the GX like come on I know we have more ways of putting energy on the board than we did in 2004, but that is just pathetic. I do however see why they went this route due to there is a fine line right now with this card being pathetic and broken in our meta Finally the ability overall it's fine nothing spectacular it is a free GX attack but you give up 2 prizes sure. Honestly if your using this then you are in 2 spots. 1. You're up prizes and your safe from a return KO and your out of options to win. 2. Feed the beast and try to beat a deck your losing to without giving up the win Automatically. Basically what this ability was back then. I think that covers Electrode unless i missed something feel free to chew me out or what not if you disagree.

http://www.pokebeach.com/cardsearch/cardinfo.php?card=Banette-ex-EX-Legend-Maker-85
This card made me Face-palm. EX Legend Maker released during the Delta species era of EX and this card was amazing for the time and actually won worlds in the senior division in 2007 with this card and the support of the time even with the usual cap on damage that EX era cards had. Fast-forward to now ... Shady move is once per turn same as the original... You couldn't even make this card Dusknoir or at least an up to like 3 times per turn card... Next the first attack which I think is the only attack in format THAT HAS A DAMAGE CAP! Now doing 30 more while Chandelure https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chandelure_(Steam_Siege_50) did 10 more for the same attack ok maybe that would be a little OP with no damage cap. But make it do 20 and it still does ridiculous damage for a 1 energy attack and then hits weakness on meta cards. Finally the GX attack which was not present on the original card. Its Decidueye's GX attack its good nothing else to say and fits the cards lore as a pokemon. This card is a missed opportunity and its sad that it will see play mainly for nostalgia and nothing else.

Not going over sableye due to its just foresight and you run it or you don't.

Back