News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

Wechselbalg

brb
Electrode is going to be touch to play but it might be cool in a Raichu deck or Naganadel gx to reset the prizes after placing yourself down to 4. We shall see!

You can't attach to an EX/GX with Electrode unfortunately.

EDIT: nvm, you can just attach to Poipole and then evolve.

Last edited:

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Now we just need the ludicolo card from ex Deoxys and we can re-build the famous Ludicolo/ magcargo deck.

Iv'e been reading a lot of Jason Klaczynski's blog on the generation 3 format, in case you couldn't tell.

and @AshCo Zoroark/ Magcargo will indeed be a completely busted deck

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Now we just need the ludicolo card from ex Deoxys and we can re-build the famous Ludicolo/ magcargo deck.

Iv'e been reading a lot of Jason Klaczynski's blog on the generation 3 format, in case you couldn't tell.

and @AshCo Zoroark/ Magcargo will indeed be a completely busted deck
He's already confirmed to be in the set. But isn't Zoroark better in every way?

Attachments

• SM6B Box.jpg
    SM6B Box.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 7

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
yep. Zoroarks a stage 1 card. Ludicolo is a stage 2 card. for this reason alone, Zoroark gx is a better card already, and Ludicolo hasn't even been leaked yet!

For Ludicolo to be remotely playable over Zoroark, its poke-power/ ability will have to be better than its old "Draw 1 card" power. If it drew 2 cards then it would be on par with zoroark, since you don't discard any cards from your hand to draw the new cards at the cost of it being a higher stage evolution card.

If it drew 3 cards or became the old Delphox card (the one that let you draw cards until you have 6 cards in hand), then i could see Ludicolo being played over Zoroark in lots of decks.

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t know why people think electrode is bad, sure 2 prizes is a heavy hit but 5 energy cards? And with this translation it sounds like you can get counter energy with it! Non ex/gx? So? Are people really that uncreative that they can’t imagine using a Pokémon that isn’t an ex/gx? Imagine this with Alolan golem or regigigas or any Pokémon with an attack cost that’s a little awkward! Heck you can still attach to a gxs pre evolution if you want then evolve.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
They really needed to adjust for the power creep better than they did... honestly, these repints we have been seeing are, imo, lazy.
I think they're banking on nostalgia to sell this set.

As a tcg company you always want to keep the powercreep as low as possible while still selling the new set, because otherwise older products will go down in popularity and players might get frustrated by the power creep. So whenever tpci can sell a set full of irrelevant cards to collectors/casuals it's like a Joker to them.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I don’t know why people think electrode is bad, sure 2 prizes is a heavy hit but 5 energy cards? And with this translation it sounds like you can get counter energy with it! Non ex/gx? So? Are people really that uncreative that they can’t imagine using a Pokémon that isn’t an ex/gx? Imagine this with Alolan golem or regigigas or any Pokémon with an attack cost that’s a little awkward! Heck you can still attach to a gxs pre evolution if you want then evolve.

Exactly! For the longest time i've wanted to play Tyranitar in standard, but the only one I could think of using required 5 dark energy to even do one attack. Electrode gx can potentially get this attack up and running on like the 2nd turn of the game, if you had the perfect cards in hand, and drew perfectly of a turn 2 sycamore.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Magcargo seems like the first good card from Champion Road. Zoroarcargo let's go. Omg this is more consistency than any deck should ever have :D

I take back what I said about a full set of irrelevant cards.

Max Maxwell

Aspiring Trainer
Magcargo from Champion Road and Magcargo from SM7a. This last maybe is GX?

Attachments

• SM7a-354x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.561FWME6NU.jpg
    SM7a-354x200.jpg.pagespeed.ce.561FWME6NU.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 13

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
yep. Zoroarks a stage 1 card. Ludicolo is a stage 2 card. for this reason alone, Zoroark gx is a better card already, and Ludicolo hasn't even been leaked yet!

For Ludicolo to be remotely playable over Zoroark, its poke-power/ ability will have to be better than its old "Draw 1 card" power. If it drew 2 cards then it would be on par with zoroark, since you don't discard any cards from your hand to draw the new cards at the cost of it being a higher stage evolution card.

If it drew 3 cards or became the old Delphox card (the one that let you draw cards until you have 6 cards in hand), then i could see Ludicolo being played over Zoroark in lots of decks.

It seems highly unlikely Ludicolo will be buffed to a higher power level than Zoroark, based of the reprints we have seen so far.

I'm betting it's still just going to be draw 1 card.

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
I was so excited to include a 1-1 of Electrode GX in my Ho-Oh GX build for late game energy acceleration but that no EX/GX rule ruins it. It loses so much potential with that clause.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I agree it looks they gonna downgrade the effect of Electrode's ability.
  • Magcargo - Trash Hp, Trash RC, Trash Attack, good ability. Come on, TPCi!! Magcargo is a buffed fire snail, it deserves more treatment. Anyways, this could see a One-of in some decks. Maybe a Quad Zoroark, just reserve a space for Tapu Lele. 4 Geodudes

Skylite

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know... Looks average. I mean, yes, Zoroark will love it, but the bench is kinda limited.