Discussion What to do with Forbidden Light Goomy?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
A short discussion for the thoroughly discouraged.
What CAN we do with FLI Goomy/Goodra?
Goodra with Sylveon GX was a nice concept but didn't work out in the end. Sorry, @Yog.
Quad Goomy might be a thing with the extra energy thing...
I need ideas.

Goodra:
#68 Goodra – Dragon – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Sliggoo

Ability: Hydration
Whenever you attach a [W] Energy from your hand to this Pokemon, heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.

[W][Y][C] Soaking Horn: 80+ damage. If this Pokemon was healed during your turn, this attack does 80 more damage.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Goomy:
#65 Goomy – Dragon – HP40
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Sticky Membrane
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, the attack cost of your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks is [C] more.

[Y] Ram: 10 damage.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Just to let you know, I updated OP's post with the appropriate card information. It's a good practice to do this when people might not know about the card you are referring to ♪

My thoughts on the Goodra line is that it makes a great slow and steady deck. The ability for it to block attacks onto goomy is critical when facing fast decks like Zoroark and Buzwole. However, it needs to heal in order to attack, so you are going to have to rely on taking hits before doing damage.

In all seriousness, you might find more use in using Goomy in a disruptive Zoropod deck to close out the endgame than as an attacker for a deck all on its own.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
...while giving your opponent an extra energy cost...
Sire, I know what I’m doing next.
Yep, it’s actually not awful. With Lance Prism Star you can just chuck two Altarias in your Bench turn one, and hit for 90 first turn. Weakest Dragon type indeed!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
They won't, even tool drop, the biggest meme deck, NEVER saw comp play.

Tool Drop isn't a meme deck and saw competitive play alongside Garbodor/D-Valley in Expanded.

Goomy is very easy to Guzma around, and adding solely one Energy to the attack cost isn't enough to be game-breaking on a card that only has 40 HP.

Goodra sounds nifty, until you remember it's a Stage-2 that will be difficult to stream consistently with an attack cost that wishes Double Dragon Energy was in format.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Goodra sounds nifty, until you remember it's a Stage-2 that will be difficult to stream consistently with an attack cost that wishes Double Dragon Energy was in format.
...so I’ve discovered.
Perhaps I’m thinking the unthinkable. Perhaps Goodra will never work. Perhaps this is just a huge wild Goomy chase. Perhaps Goodra and Goomy are just things you should keep in a binder rather than actually competitively play.
You get the idea.
Should my quest for at least rogue Goodra be shut down, or what?
‘Cause ya boi here is pretty discouraged.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Anyone think of Shining Legends Manaphy? With one of them, and 4 Altarias, a Choice Band, and Devoured Field, Goodra can hit for 220. Hmm... I don’t know. :(

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Anyone think of Shining Legends Manaphy? With one of them, and 4 Altarias, a Choice Band, and Devoured Field, Goodra can hit for 220. Hmm... I don’t know. :(
Actually, that hits
Base 160
Choice Band 190
Devoured Field 200
4 Altaria 280
But that's way too inconsistent to work.
Well.
This doesn't look too good for Goomy.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
One thing you could do is maybe try using this in a weird take on Water Dragon Box? You use Golduck BREAK, dragon type EXs like Giratina EX, Hydreigon EX, and any others you might like. Then, you could throw in a Goodra line. You could even run 4, DDE, 4 Rainbow energy, and then Water energy, so then you could use the Rainbow energy to damage your Goodra, then activate the ability with a Water energy.

You could always try with the new Quagsire of course, but i think only being able to move to the active makes it pretty bad. This deck isn't really intended to be super playable, but could be a ton of fun.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a good Goomy/Godra deck.

Nyora

A Cat
Imo try Goomy with Po Town/Espeon and milling/energy denial cards as evolution Pokémon are it’s biggest weakness, Po town/espeon helps discourage the use of evolutions. All the while you are a normal mill deck.

Yog

Rogue
I've been dropping Goomy into an Altaria/Altaria-GX build lately. With limited success.