SM6b \'Champion Road\'

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
So you're expecting our August set to feature over 200 cards?

So what are you saying exactly? Too soon for another mini-set? If Champions Road did become a mini-set, it would still be many months away, and it looks like Shining Legends has ended with the release of the recent Shiny Darkrai GX box, so I don't think there will be much conflict.

Yeah, it seems like every year will have a sub-set
2015: "Double Crisis"
2016: "Generations"
2017: "Shining Legends
2018: Champion Road?

Also, I hope we get reprints of FRLG cards. That set had stunning artwork IMO

Yog

Rogue
I gotta say, I love the concept. And I say that as someone who was not around the first time through. But looking over some of these old cards right now, I can see where they would slot in lovely with a few buffs here and there to damage output or hp.

Last edited:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
It’s true that Brigette would be better if this Dunsparce were to come out now, but when Brigette eventually rotates, this could become the next best way for Standard.

Zoroark decks, for instance, wouldn’t mind playing a full set of Dunsparce, since you need to fill your Bench anyway. It could pave the way for decks to adopt more aggressive T1 Lillie engines, aiming to draw as many cards as possible while using Dunsparce to set up. Obviously it’s way too early to say for sure, but I think if Sandstorm Dunsparce were to come back, it would definitely see play.

Even after Brigette rotates, Pokemon Fan Club's also much more likely to be used than Dunsparce. The problem with set-up attackers is that they're slow, especially if you go first. They also take up space once they're done. (Which, for Dunsparce, is basically immediately.) There's a reason why very, very few of them see play these days. (Alolan Vulpix is an outlier, but that's due to its attack requiring no energy. Though it's also not that common anymore. And most other set-up attackers also do damage to offset the time spent.)

pete

Aspiring Trainer
It’s true that Brigette would be better if this Dunsparce were to come out now, but when Brigette eventually rotates, this could become the next best way for Standard.

Zoroark decks, for instance, wouldn’t mind playing a full set of Dunsparce, since you need to fill your Bench anyway. It could pave the way for decks to adopt more aggressive T1 Lillie engines, aiming to draw as many cards as possible while using Dunsparce to set up. Obviously it’s way too early to say for sure, but I think if Sandstorm Dunsparce were to come back, it would definitely see play.
if we get to turbo lillie then the high items required means more trashalanche just something to keep in mind and as of right now zoroark would still probably have some people teching 1 to 2 it might make less decks feel they need zoroark as well since they could have more consistent set up if only we could get spiritomb from arceus back also we can just dunsparse into a wobbafett

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I personally would like Quick Search Pidgeot, and Legendary Ascent Zapdos ex and Moltres ex. Would also love to see the Holon engine again.

sKizor

Aspiring Trainer
I will be absolutely ecstatic if my boy Scizor ex from UF gets reprinted. Hopefully with updated stats and attacks to compensate for the curve since then. If they also bring back Boost energy that will really make my day. Too bad they probably wont bring back δ pokemon. I really liked the concept. AS well as many people (myself included) really liking the Holon engine.

Last edited:

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Could anyone explain to me what the Holon engine exactly was? I quited Pokemon when Ex:Dragon came out and I fully returned when Plasma Blast was released. (I did return when Supreme Victors was released, but I stopped after HGSS)

sKizor

Aspiring Trainer
Could anyone explain to me what the Holon engine exactly was? I quited Pokemon when Ex:Dragon came out and I fully returned when Plasma Blast was released. (I did return when Supreme Victors was released, but I stopped after HGSS)

https://jklaczpokemon.wordpress.com/ex/

I believe this article will help a lot for those who did not play during that time and be very nostalgic for those who did. It's a really good read and I encourage all to read it.

Last edited:

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
I hope they bring back Articuno EX from plasma storm. (although it's probably not very likely)

I'd say very unlikely since it runs with Plasma stuff, meaning it wouldn't get reprinted on its own. There's also the fact that Articuno EX from Plasma Storm is actually still in Expanded. If it were reprinted, it would be printed as an Alt art which would still not allow it to be played in Standard.

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
I'd say very unlikely since it runs with Plasma stuff, meaning it wouldn't get reprinted on its own. There's also the fact that Articuno EX from Plasma Storm is actually still in Expanded. If it were reprinted, it would be printed as an Alt art which would still not allow it to be played in Standard.
Ok, sad:(

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
I think a re-print of the Mr. Mime EX's with Magic Odd/ Magic Evens would be really interesting.

SuperHoopa

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if this particular card was in the EX-era, but I hope at some point to get a Lost World stadium card reprint that could be more balanced, since the Lost Zone was re-introduced recently.