Tournament Requirements for tournament

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
First off I am new to pokebeach but I have dove right in and am enjoying every minute (and find its worth every cent of my sub).

One concern I have though is for the tournaments. It seems as though many of the people who signed up have only 1 or two posts on the site and are brand new sign ups.

I know that they have to post 3 times during the month they are in the tournament, but to me it seems very easy for someone to make up a fake account using a different email and enter multiple times.

If I had a say in it I would suggest not letting someone in to the tournament until AFTER they have contributed something to the site. Say like 5 posts? I’ve been on the site for less than a month and already I have contributed over a dozen times...it’s not that much to ask.

Maybe I’m just being a cranky pants, but it seems as though some people who put in much more effort got denied to the tournament just because they were slower to enter And btw if I was forced to wait a while as a new member, even as a paid sub, I wouldn’t be complaining. The prizes are awesome and it just seems fair for the people who are here he most.

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
And if I posted this in an inappropriate area please direct me to where it would be better.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Hey dmode!

Firstly, we have precautions to prevent people from signing up with multiple accounts. If we find any accounts with the same IP address, we will ban one of the accounts to prevent the same person from using two different accounts. This is against PokeBeach's forum rules.

Regarding new players signing up for tournaments, I appreciate the suggestion. We definitely don't want our more active members to feel like they're getting shafted. On the other hand, we also want to encourage new members to sign up for tournaments and become active on the forums. If we prevented new accounts from signing up for their first tournament, less people would have the desire to create accounts and participate on the forums. It's difficult to balance being welcoming to new members and giving our most active members a good experience. We think the system in place currently is the best way to do this. If we find the system isn't working well, we will definitely consider your ideas.

Thanks again for giving your input!

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
Hey dmode!

Firstly, we have precautions to prevent people from signing up with multiple accounts. If we find any accounts with the same IP address, we will ban one of the accounts to prevent the same person from using two different accounts. This is against PokeBeach's forum rules.

Regarding new players signing up for tournaments, I appreciate the suggestion. We definitely don't want our more active members to feel like they're getting shafted. On the other hand, we also want to encourage new members to sign up for tournaments and become active on the forums. If we prevented new accounts from signing up for their first tournament, less people would have the desire to create accounts and participate on the forums. It's difficult to balance being welcoming to new members and giving our most active members a good experience. We think the system in place currently is the best way to do this. If we find the system isn't working well, we will definitely consider your ideas.

Thanks again for giving your input!

I appreciate the insight. Thanks for the response.

My first round pick didn’t show up at all for my match, which is where my concern comes from, with so many people on the overflow it’s too bad I didnt have an opponent. I imagine it’s a very difficult balance and I’m glad to see you are weighing both sides.