'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
The GXs in this set are underwhelming. Zygarde compete GX and Ultra Necrozma GX are the only two that look like they might produce viable decks. Greninja GX... IDK... It's good spread... But is it good enough to compete with Buzzwole? Or even Decidueye?

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
I need to build A fossil deck. Quick question would Parallel City help Tyrantrum in any way?
yes and no, could keep your opponent from using Pokepuff or Dusknoir (neither one is super popular) to get out more pokemon on your bench, but, the same time, your opponent could just not bench pokemon and keep fewer in play to make the ability worthless

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
If you took a look at the new Diggersby alongside Bibarel from Primal Clash, you'll notice that "80x flip a coin until you get tails" is so overpowered, they had to nerf it with an extra [C]
BibarelPrimalClash118.jpg

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
SM6 Dragalge + the one from XY—Flashfire could be interesting in Expanded; not too hard to set-up.

Very linear though, and would probably auto-lose to ability lock.

Could also try:
  • SM6 Dragalge
  • Bursting Balloon
  • Counter Energy
  • Wobb
Fliptini could help make the attack threatening; trick coin in expanded.

Last edited:

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I thought we were getting Ultra Space in this set. I’m a bit miffed about that, especially since it was an early leak. Thought it was a sure thing.

PokemonTCGLover

Aspiring Trainer
We are getting ultra space im quite sure. This is the Jap set our Eng set will be Ultra Force and this combined (most of ultra force at least).

Shmumbers

Mimikyu got wet
#31 Meowstic – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Creepycatfromheck

Ruh-roh! A new Gen 8 Pokemon?!

skawt

boop
Can we discuss how cute that Tyrunt is.

Also Sylveon looks neat. But dead immediately after it uses its attack lol

Sir Linoone

Marellous. Splendid. What was the question again?
Of course that isn't going to be BDIF, since Voltorb EVO/Pheremose is going to be the best. it loses prize cards with maximum efficiency, letting you most optimally utilize Pheremosa's second attack.

Naturally.

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Is it me or is that Eevee exactly the same as the one from Ultra Prism just with different art? Meh, I don't care, I just wanted to call TPCi out.

Sorpah

King of Not Much
That Avalugg is so bad. I wouldn't even play it in a prerelease. I really wanted it to be ok. Not good but ok.