'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Edit: With the reveal of Guzzlord, it makes me wonder: Which Ultra Beast(s) won't appear in the English Forbidden Light? We have a confirmed number of 6, but right now we have 7 Ultra Beasts - Ultra Necrozma, Naganadel and Poipole who are all confirmed, and then Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree and now Guzzlord as well.

Nihilego is out.

Guzzlord is no.56 while Flabebe is no.58. Very high chances that card no.57 is going to be either Kartana or Celesteela. Place your bets people! (I'll say Kartana).

I've been going through the livestream and have so far spotted the Goomy line (with 2 different Goomy cards, Sliggoo and Goodra holo) and Diggersby (confirming that Bunnelby will be in the set too), as well as something that, to me at least, looks like a Guzzlord holo

Edit: With the reveal of Guzzlord, it makes me wonder: Which Ultra Beast(s) won't appear in the English Forbidden Light? We have a confirmed number of 6, but right now we have 7 Ultra Beasts - Ultra Necrozma, Naganadel and Poipole who are all confirmed, and then Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree and now Guzzlord as well.
@steffenka:
There might not be a Goodra GX.
I know that. I'm teary eyed right now.
But.
But.
The Goodra might still be playable, I haven't checked.

As for the cards:
Aurorus doesn't suck! What a concept!
That's literally it.

Last edited:
In expanded Tyrantrun still has access to Fossil Researcher right? Thatll help it out! As for the cost... exp share, clunter energy or wishing baton? With the ability active and diancie on the bench, thats 180 right there! Choice band 210, kukui and strong energy is 250! If you can get it up then it seems like it hits all the good numbers. Its a shame that it cant use DCE, but not all is lost!

A 70 hp rockruff! Wait, just like half of the other cards japan had, we probably wont get it still...

guzzlord reminds me of that slowbro card that had "airhead" as it's abilty

that pheromosa's attack says "Hi Jump Kick" not sure if that was intentional or just a mistake

I'm liking that Tyrantrum card a lot. Tyrantrum has traditionally gotten pretty decent cards and this falls within the same realm. In Expanded it will be pretty easy to control your and your opponents bench size (Sudowoodo, PokéPuff, Parallel City). I don't think it will be anything really big, but honestly, having fossils that are at least USABLE in free play at leagues or whatever is already a big improvement.

On the other hand, then you have Auroras, which typically gets "meh" cards, and this one is a "meh" as they get. It can use DCE unlike Tyrantrum, but all and all it seems like a waste. At best it can do 150 every other turn, which for a Stage 2 is pretty sad. The first attack is decent, but it would be better if it was on a Stage 1. The damage output just isn't what it needs to be to make it worth it... especially since it has to evolve up through a fossil, which can't even do anything on it's own.

I feel fossils need to be a little more OP given they have to come from a fossil card. I've never understood why fossil cards on average are so... well... average, despite having a mechanic that already cripples their use. Most people would agree it's kind of pointless to go through the effort of using the old Expanded fossil cards that often fail or through a bench target fossil trainer just to work your way up to an average Stage 2. /endrant

Too bad Fossil Researcher doesn't work with Tyrunt and Cranidos instead of Tyrunt and Amaura. :p

So they're just gonna try and make me feel even worse that I let my old-school Judge get damaged. Feelsbadman.

That Noibat is nutso with S. Celebi and even Noivern BREAK to give it that HP boost.

Looks like Noivern GX/Garbodor may going to be a thing. You can either discard your opponent's items with Noibat or lock them down with Noivern GX. Either way, Garbodor will have a field day if the opponent has to Sycamore away their items in the latter case or benefit from the slew of discarded items straight away.

I called baby Guzzlord having high HP and an expensive attack. At least Beast Ring can help charge it up.

Any particular reason why Judge is back?

• Guzzlord - with the appearance of Guzzy, we have 7/6 UB in Forbidden Light. If one of UB that adds Guzzy to the excess UBs, two of them will be promos *fingers crossed*. Onto Guzzlord, too expensive, to complicated effect. A more sensable thing to make the self-mill effect trigger, KO your non-GX then a GX and life is good. Having huge HP is the "Great Excuse". 2 Geodudes
  • Heliolisk - Ehhh. 1 Geodude

Last edited:
Noibat is the big winner here, it looks like a great starter for moving second and might make Noivern more viable. That Pheromosa is a pretty interesting game closer for Venusaur decks. A lot of strange design decisions, like the Scatterbug with the search for a spewpa and vivilion ability seems like it was tailor made for a FOGP deck, yet the card is banned. Depending on how good the Vivilion card we get is, the flip a coin to evolve one might be playable.

Clawitzer could have been good in a different time, but it doesn't have the HP to take a hit and Guzma will disrupt your standby every time.

Back