• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard A new Silvally deck

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 3 Type: Null CIN 89
* 3 Silvally-GX CIN 108
* 1 Celesteela-GX UPR 144
* 1 Cobalion STS 74
* 1 Genesect-EX FCO 120
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 134
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 Cynthia UPR 148
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 N FCO 105
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Fighting Memory CIN 94
* 1 Psychic Memory CIN 98
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Fire Memory UPR 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 162

##Energy - 9

* 5 Metal Energy 8
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck is essentially a ‘straight’ Silvally list, concentrating more on exploiting different weaknesses using Silvally-GX’s Memory cards. Like Zakary Krekeler I use Genesect-EX to dump a Pokémon Tool and then get it back if I want to use it using the Drive Change ability. Octillery gives us steady draw support (Zoroark-GX does not really suit this deck I don’t think) and Necrozma-GX provides a devastating GX attack if we don’t want a big one-shot with Rebel-GX. Drampa-GX and Celesteela-GX are here as early game beatsticks. Despite the fact that we will mostly want to be attacking with Silvally’s Turbo Drive they can serve as useful alternative attackers. Finally, Cobalion can close out games using Revenge Blast once the opponent has taken multiple prizes.

Let me know what you think of the deck!

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Replace Genesect with Magearna from ULP, it's a straight upgrade in all respects, it basically turns your entire bench into Genesects. I'm also tempted to recommend a Dialga in this list, possibly over Necrozma, the GX attack is just too good to not consider in a metal list with energy acceleration, even though it is expensive.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Replace Genesect with Magearna from ULP, it's a straight upgrade in all respects, it basically turns your entire bench into Genesects. I'm also tempted to recommend a Dialga in this list, possibly over Necrozma, the GX attack is just too good to not consider in a metal list with energy acceleration, even though it is expensive.
I completely misunderstood what Magearna did, I feel stupid lol. Definitely gonna make that change, so thank you for pointing that out. I still prefer Necrozma though as I think the deck is a bit too slow for Dialga.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi joffreyspikes,

Not sure on the list. The main issue I have with it is the low energy count in a deck that wants to accelerate energies from the discard rather fast. I also do not think that Octillery is needed in this deck. Oranguru has more synergy with Silvally GX and needs less deck space. It is also less vulnerable to Guzma stall.

Consider to run two Dusk Mane Necrozma GX in this deck as an additional heavy hitters in addition to Solgaleo Prism Star and Registeel but retain Cobalion as an additional non-GX attacker able to hit numbers late game with little resources.

Pokémon (15):
  • 2 Dusk Mane Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Solgaleo Prism Star (beatdown)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Silvally GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Type: Null (evolution)
  • 1 Oranguru (beatdown)
  • 2 Registeel (beatdown)
  • 1 Cobalion (beatdown)
Trainer (31):
  • 3 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 2 Brigette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Fighting Memory (enable)
  • 2 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 2 Fire Memory (enable)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (14):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Metal Energy

Depending on the meta expected you could adjust the Memory cards accordingly. Pick the two memories that you assume to be most likely. Dusk Mane Necrozma GX has a lot of synergy with Silvally. The latter provides free retreat and additional acceleration while Dusk Mane Necrozma provides a much needed ohko attacker in Silvally decks. Also remember that Double Colorless can be used on Dusk Mane Necrozma to pay the cost and be discarded when using Meteor Tempest. Depending on the prevalance of Fighting decks you could even consider to slim down the Silvally line to 2-2 and include a third Dusk Mane Necrozma and another metal attacker.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Hi joffreyspikes,

Not sure on the list. The main issue I have with it is the low energy count in a deck that wants to accelerate energies from the discard rather fast. I also do not think that Octillery is needed in this deck. Oranguru has more synergy with Silvally GX and needs less deck space. It is also less vulnerable to Guzma stall.

Consider to run two Dusk Mane Necrozma GX in this deck as an additional heavy hitters in addition to Solgaleo Prism Star and Registeel but retain Cobalion as an additional non-GX attacker able to hit numbers late game with little resources.

Pokémon (15):
  • 2 Dusk Mane Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Solgaleo Prism Star (beatdown)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Silvally GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Type: Null (evolution)
  • 1 Oranguru (beatdown)
  • 2 Registeel (beatdown)
  • 1 Cobalion (beatdown)
Trainer (31):
  • 3 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 2 Brigette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Fighting Memory (enable)
  • 2 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 2 Fire Memory (enable)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (14):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Metal Energy

Depending on the meta expected you could adjust the Memory cards accordingly. Pick the two memories that you assume to be most likely. Dusk Mane Necrozma GX has a lot of synergy with Silvally. The latter provides free retreat and additional acceleration while Dusk Mane Necrozma provides a much needed ohko attacker in Silvally decks. Also remember that Double Colorless can be used on Dusk Mane Necrozma to pay the cost and be discarded when using Meteor Tempest. Depending on the prevalance of Fighting decks you could even consider to slim down the Silvally line to 2-2 and include a third Dusk Mane Necrozma and another metal attacker.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.
I already have a Silvally/Dusk Mane variant built that looks almost identical to that one that you mentioned, this deck is meant to be different, but if you don't think it will work then that's fair enough. I have no idea if it will work lol.

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason

Yes, Timeless GX is too good to pass up. Plus it benefits from Gyro Unit

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
I already have a Silvally/Dusk Mane variant built that looks almost identical to that one that you mentioned, this deck is meant to be different, but if you don't think it will work then that's fair enough. I have no idea if it will work lol.

Dark Espeon's list is great, but if you want to change it, consider replacing the DM for 2 Dialga GX. I know it's pricey but it's worth it

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi joffreyspikes,

No problem. Not sold on another metal variant that seems to be less effective than its alternative. If you want a different twist on Silvally consider a Psychic variant with Necrozma GX and Lunala Prism Star. Fire and Fighting Memory cover possible resistance issues nicely and several of the more popular Fighting decks happen to be weak to Psychic. The Psychic variant also provides access to Mimikyu as a nice one-prize attacker that can mimic the influx of ohko attacks at low cost.