'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
  • Braixen: Both attacks are nothing special, the same ones we've been getting for years on these mid evolutions. 1.5/5

• Delphox: Ability: Infernape finally got its partner! Attack: Nothing great, but not atrocious. Its better than Charizard though! 3/5

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
How can you do this to the fire queen Delphox that's so sad but to not be so negative i can see myself playing one copy of this delphox with 3 delphox from fates colide and delphox break.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I don't think you should get your hopes up for a Goodra Prism Star, since it, so far, seems like it only will be Legendary/Mythical Pokemon that will get Prism Star cards (that aren't trainers/energies). But otherwise, I agree with you ;P
*Realizes its true*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
We'd better get a GX then!
Please!
Pretty please?
With sugar on top?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Im going woth garninja is
250hp water type 2 energy retreat and grass type weakness
Ability is in the shadows. Pokemom abilitys cant target graninja
Atrack 1 is 1water 2 colorless
Does base 90 plus 30 more for each water enegy u discard from hand
Gx attack 1 water energy does 60 damage to all pokemon with a ability
The GX is Weavile's regular attack from Burning Shadows.

pete

Aspiring Trainer
If the Pokemon company are kind enough to give us a 2-2-2 line of this card in our Forbidden light pre-release boxes, then I can see this card being OK. not good but OK. well nothing compared to the pre-release boxes in ultra prism giving us 2-2-2 lines of empoleon and 2-2-2 lines of garchomp and even 2-2-2 magnezone line, which all 3 will see lots of play this next season.

Out side of the pre-release meta, it kind of stinks.
free burn is nice to have on an ability, but the nerf to burn, via the new burn rules in the sun and moon base set pre-constructed theme decks, makes burn one of the weakest status conditions in the game.
burn nerfed? burn is now reliable i dont call that a nerf if it guaranteed damage and never went away it would be broken but burn is currently the strongest it has ever been

pete

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja from the forbidden light picture seems to be expensive to charge, you need (w)(c)(c) to use it's attack, maybe it'll have an ability like 3 damage counters to 1 ex or gx Pokemon, or so. Delphox is my favorite starter of gen 6, it's sad to see it be barely unplayable, you need to break evolve in order to play it, meaning you lose the chance to do burn :c.
it keeps its ability when break evolved and only loses it if giratina is on your opponents field

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Im going woth garninja is
250hp water type 2 energy retreat and grass type weakness
Ability is in the shadows. Pokemom abilitys cant target graninja
Atrack 1 is 1water 2 colorless
Does base 90 plus 30 more for each water enegy u discard from hand
Gx attack 1 water energy does 60 damage to all pokemon with a ability

Did you mean 60 damage to all pokemon or just the opponents cuz now it looks like weavile

Empoleafeon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sick of Pokemon trying to make the same species of Pokemon good and the same species bad every single time. Like people earlier has said, Greninja always HAS to be the best starter, but also Solgaleo always HAS to be good and Lunala bad, and Gardevoirs always HAVE to be good and Zoroarks always HAVE to be good and Eeveelutions always HAVE to be good and every other underrated Pokemon that doesn't get publicity has to have a sucky card. It feels like this problem has gotten even worse than it already was over the years - pretty much all of the meta decks are built on Pokemon that are really popular and overexposed even outside of the trading card game, because that's all the Pokemon company ever makes into good cards. Why can't we ever get a good Swalot or Maractus or Lanturn or Golem? Nope, it always has to be Zoroark and Greninja and Gardevoir.