Discussion Neglected Pokémon in the TCG

Purrloin

The main post has been updated following Ultra Prism's release!

Here's the breakdown:

In Ultra Prism...
51 Pokemon were last seen in SM sets.
43 Pokemon were last seen in XY sets.
5 Pokemon were last seen in BW sets.
7 Pokemon were last seen in PLAT sets.
5 Pokemon haven't had cards before.

The five new Pokemon are: Dawn Wings Necrozma, Dusk Mane Necrozma; Celesteela, Pheromosa, Xurkitree! Though the last three previously had promo prints, this was their set debut.

We also saw the Turtwig line return from Plasma Storm, along with Cherrim, after five long years! Cherubi also joins us from Legendary Treasures!

But stealing the show is the majestic return of the Rotom Formes, who have been sorely missed after receiving only one other print each in history, nine years ago in Rising Rivals! They bring Rampardos along with them, also last seen in Rising Rivals.

But the oldest returning Pokemon is Cranidos, last seen in Platinum base! Holy ffffossil!

As of now, 33 Pokemon remain in BW sets, 10 Pokemon in HGSS sets, 10 Pokemon in PLAT sets, 9 Pokemon in D&P sets... and then there's Kadabra.

Last edited:

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Kadabra will probably never see a reprint unless Uri Geller gets sucked into the Lost Zone.

I can just imagine someone at the Pokemon Company commissioning a Kadabra box within the hour of getting the news.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Kadabra will probably never see a reprint unless Uri Geller gets sucked into the Lost Zone.

I can just imagine someone at the Pokemon Company commissioning a Kadabra box within the hour of getting the news.
Just a reminder, Pokemon won that lawsuit, they have no reason to not print it

Andy Sheppard

Fire Pokemon Afficiando
Advanced Member
I know they won, they just don't wanna deal with the guy ever again I would assume.
They wouldn't have to deal with him ever again; there's a legal concept called res judicata that prevents continued litigation on a dispute that has already been judged.

Nytttt

Volcanion Trainer
Aipom and Ambipom has been gone for a while too. Last set they were printed in was Dragons Exhalted, if I remember correctly. I would hope they would get a print soon, since I find them really adorable! :3
Aipom and Ambipom were released in Steam Siege

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Hey @Purrloin, it's sad that this thread is dead now, but I'd like to somehow continue this thread even with the little time I have. I can do the latest sets if you want.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon that haven't been in a single Set in this Generation (Excluding Promos):

Kanto: Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam
Johto: Sentret, Furret, Pichu, Igglybuff, Bellossom, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby
Hoenn: Zigzagoon, Linoone, Azurill, Lileep, Cradily, Anorith, Armaldo, Wynaut, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Relicanth
Sinnoh: Kricketot, Kricketune, Budew, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Ambipom, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Finneon, Lumineon, Mantyke, Gallade, Froslass
Unova: Snivy, Servine, Serpiror, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Woobat, Swoobat, Drilbur, Excadrill, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Throh, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Basculin, Maractus, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen, Archeops, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Foongus, Amoonguss, Frillish, Jellicent, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Rufflet, Braviary, Terrakion
Kalos: Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Swirlix, Slurpuff

e-Card:

Skyridge: Kadabra

Diamond and Pearl:

Diamond & Pearl: Azurill, Wynaut, Bonsly, Mantyke
Mysterious Treasures: Abra
Stormfront: Budew

Platinum:

Supreme Victors: Chingling

HeartGold & SoulSilver:

HeartGold & SoulSilver: Pichu, Igglybuff, Sunkern, Sunflora, Smoochum
Triumphant: Elekid

Call of Legends:

Call of Legends: Magby, Mime Jr.

Black & White:

Emerging Powers: Sawsbuck
Next Destinies: Basculin
Boundaries Crossed: Tepig, Pignite
Plasma Blast: Lileep, Cradily, Throh, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen, Archeops
Legendary Treasures: Dewbble, Crustle, Terrakion

XY:

XY: Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr
Flashfire: Sentret, Furret, Maractus
Furious Fists: Minefoo, Mienshao
Phantom Forces: Finneon, Lumineon, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Frillish, Jellicent
Primal Clash: Zigzagoon, Linoone, Drillbut, Excadrill
Double Crisis: Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein
Ancient Origins: Bellossom, Relicanth

XY BREAK:

BREAKthrough: Teddiursa, Ursaring, Gallade, Woobat, Swoobat, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught
BREAKpoint: Kricketot, Kricketune, Emboar, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Ducklett, Swanna
Generations: Froslass, Swirlix, Slurpuff
Fates Collide: Alakazam, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Snivy, Servine, Surperior, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Deerling
Steam Siege: Aipom, Anorith, Armaldo, Ambipom, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Foongus, Amoonguss, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Rufflet, Braviary

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Well, don't count on that happening until at least 2019. Hopefully we'll get some of the missing Unova Pokemon in Sky Legends, Miracle Twin and Remix Bout. GG End is looking to be a mess of the same Pokemon and unclear theme.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Chesnaught and the unova starters being cucked, nothing new here boys.

Also we can probably expect the babies to be printed again in GG end and the following sets. Too bad none of them can be evolved into their higher forms but whatever, at least they may have some strong attacks.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Also we can probably expect the babies to be printed again in GG end and the following sets. Too bad none of them can be evolved into their higher forms but whatever, at least they may have some strong attacks.
Why is Chesnaught ignored? For that matter, why is Terrakion ignored? Why have a trio of something if one member gets neglected?

Also, Bellossom should be in a set already, especially since she's based on a hula dancer.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Since I already had a spreadsheet of each Pokemon's last print on my hard drive, I went ahead and threw it up on Google Docs since Purrloin hasn't been around to update theirs.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

Homie Chespin had three different versions of itself in BREAKthrough. It's been a while since we've seen him but he had his time.

But really, where my boi Togetic at

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
They have twelve more Baby Pokemon to burn through and most likely only 3 more SM sets before Gen 8 comes along and the next shiny thing is dangled in front of us... the Mega Pokemon "Oops we ran out of time to get them all into the TCG" teas.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
They have twelve more Baby Pokemon to burn through and most likely only 3 more SM sets before Gen 8 comes along and the next shiny thing is dangled in front of us... the Mega Pokemon "Oops we ran out of time to get them all into the TCG" teas.
Yeah, babies are the new Megas. :/ Though it's odd, because GG End could easily had Pichu in it.

Purrloin

Thanks to everyone for remembering this thread.

In a twist of irony, I’ve neglected it for a while due to my health irl. I haven’t been collecting or playing the game, though I do miss it quite a bit. I hope to come back to the hobby soon.

Still no Sawsbuck. :(

Anyway, I see that @Frost is running a spreadsheet! That’s great! I’ll update the first post of this thread with a link to his sheet, since mine has not been updated for a while.

Last edited:

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
:O So many Gen 5 Pokémon made it to GG End last min!

Pidove line
Munna line
Axew line
Tornadus
Thundurus

54 Gen 5 Pokémon left neglected.