'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Wow never seen a card that lets you choose beetween searching your deck or discard though the effects likely existed at some point not in recent years

Sorpah

King of Not Much
This is just the same as playing 5+ Unidentified Fossils. Will that be necessary? Maybe. Seems pointless though.

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
Prism Stars in Forbidden Light (5)
  • Arceus
  • Beast Energy
  • Lysandre
  • Diancie
  • Volcanion???

GX (8)

• Ultra Necrozma
  • Naganadel
  • Greninja
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde
  • Lucario???
  • Metal Dialga???
  • Water Palkia???

I wonder if the Water/Metal types of Palkia and Dialga will be released in boxes. I could see that as a promotional push for the "same card" but new typing. Though I'd expect the (newer) full arts/rainbows to be in Forbidden Light. I just can't see these legendaries gobbling up two prime GX spots in a following expansion. I think it would be better monetarily speaking if PTCG released them in $20 boxes with jumbo cards.

Also, I really want a Xerneas GX... just imagine the potential for the gorgeousness of the full art and rainbow variants. <3

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
I this was Yugioh, I would say "Awesome! Deck thinning card!" But this is not and I guess people are not excited about this. Maybe Aurorus and Tyrantrum lines will be in this set and be... decent, I hope?

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Bonnie is messed up. The whole point of the GX attack is that it can only be used once....*sigh* At least she got her Squishy back.

Charjabus

Beep Beep
consistency is nice but there aren't really much fossil pokemons to justify playing fossil pokemons at all.

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Isn't a little bit broken zygarde gx bnonie combo? You have acess to your gx attack everytime you discard a stadium via bonnie i can already see a build using 4 puzzle of time and lusamine to get back your stadium and bonnie idk but the more i think the more broken i think it is considering the fact that his first attack has good synergy just drop a dce and attach two fighting energy from your discard pile it pretty much sets up your zygarde gx and it's a basic and you don't need to rely on strong energy just drop one diancie prism star on the bench to hit for 170 with choice band you hit for 200 you k.o anything with 200hp for instance glaceon gx and leafon gx which will see some play and don't bother with zoroark gx it has weakness so it's not worth a mention. This zygarde gx will be broken and you get immunity from gx and ex pokemon not even metal types that will rule the current format can deal with that even if you can't make this work every turn it sure will give your opponents the hardest time of their lifes. This is broken i'm calling it.

Last edited:

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
You'd think if they were THAT sorry about it, they would ban it, lol.
They've already done us one favour banning Forest Of Giant Plants in a world of Shining Legends Venusaur and Alolan Exeggutor GX. They can't be convenient more than once a century.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
They've already done us one favour banning Forest Of Giant Plants in a world of Shining Legends Venusaur and Alolan Exeggutor GX. They can't be convenient more than once a century.
Forest of Giant Plants was such an interesting card. I totally understand why they removed it though (i.e Shiftry). I guess my drem of a Broken Time Space reprint are never going to be realized.

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
I really like this card, I like fossil Pokémon and sure they aren’t top tier cards right now but maybe later on they will. The problem right now is getting mysterious fossil out reliably, and before this, order pad was the best option as far as I can tell.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
malamar/ultra necrozma looks kind of terrifying, diancie prism star makes buzzwole even more broken (beast energy + diancie + FFB = 90/30 for ONE ENERGY), not sold on zygarde yet (Gx attack can be guzma'd around, gets OHKO'd by golisopod)

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I think this card more or less confirms that both Tyrunt and Amaura will evolve from Unidentified Fossil.