'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Can't wait to drop this Lysandre into an expanded Fire deck to kill them Night March/Vespiquen decks.

Malamar is the new Bronzong, I guess. I think we can safely call a deck that involves Malamar "x + squids" in the same way we called anything that had Eelektrik in it "x + eels".

Zygarde GX is a good mid/late game addition to Buzzwole I guess. Shame it can't accelerate Strong Energy into itself though, but at least it can use a DCE attachment. The lore for its GX attack should read "Prevent all damage, done to this Pokémon from your opponent's Pokémon EX and Pokémon GX during your opponent's next turn," adapted from Toxapex GX's Total Shelter.

Last edited:

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
Holy shit, they FINALLY gave us a Psychic type Malamar. About damn time.

Those Lysandre sleeves are actually pretty cool looking. Why do we never get these things?

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but... this set is gonna be insane for Buzzwole-GX

Beast Energy Prism Star + Diancie Prism Star on the Bench + Choice Band = Jet Punch for 110 damage on GXs/EXs, 30 damage to Bench - that's a OHKO you can pull off on a Zoroark or Silvally in a single turn

Not to even mention all the wacky numbers you could hit with Knuckle Impact and Absorption...

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but... this set is gonna be insane for Buzzwole-GX

Beast Energy Prism Star + Diancie Prism Star on the Bench + Choice Band = Jet Punch for 110 damage on GXs/EXs, 30 damage to Bench - that's a OHKO you can pull off on a Zoroark or Silvally in a single turn

Not to even mention all the wacky numbers you could hit with Knuckle Impact and Absorption...

Do not forget Beast Ring and Buzzwole non-GX which also boost Buzzwole GX decks.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Malamar: Psycho Recharge with the arsenale of decent attackers that can use Psychic Energy is awesome and will be a force in the meta. I can see it replacing Silvally GX in Purple Box decks.

Diancie Prism Star: Princes Veil will be awesome in Buzzwole Lycanroc decks. I can see it as a stable inclusion in almost all fighting decks.

Lysandre Prism Star: Discarding resources from the discard is awesome. There are a lot more cards now that benefit from the discard pile in one way or another. Parallel City to get evolution lines in the discard and remove their basics with Lysandre seems possible and rahter viable.

Zygarde GX and Bonnie: Nice combo but using decent non-GX attackers breaks the lock down and makes the combo less attractive.

Love the Lysandre and Naganadel sleeves.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Do not forget Beast Ring and Buzzwole non-GX which also boost Buzzwole GX decks.
I knew there was the non-GX Buzzwole, but couldn’t remember what it did. And...yeah, it’ll be really good, too

Totally forgot about Beast Ring - thanks for the reminder

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Malamar looks amazing, finally some (P) acceleration! Although Lysandre obviously the best card there, I can't wait to remove all 4 of my opponents DCEs in 1 go! (probably not going to happen, but still)

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
I hope they "reprint" N as a Prism Star card.

"Yeah, you can use it after the rotation.

Once."

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Malamar - I can agree on this card. Unlimited Psychic accel is nice. At least. the atk is TRASH. But I got doubt due to the fact that it is a Stage 1. Oh well, we have the Emblem to Search P pokemon out. 4 Geodudes
  • Diancie Prism - The atk is TRASH. The ability is Buzzwole-friendly. So far the best Prism Star (non-trainer) ever in my opinion. 5 Geodudes
  • Bonnie/Squishy-GX - 1.)Zygarde-GX. The atk is too expensive but DCE saves it, I love it. The fact that the GX/EX immunity GX atk can be spammable by Bonnie due to Bonnie-Squishy relationship. As a Sidenote, Power Memory will do nothing on Zygarde-GX because it isn't Zygarde-EX. The first atk is decent. 2.) Bonnie. Looks I say all on Zyagrde. Both of them are rated 4 Geodudes.
  • Alolan Exeggutor - In an Arceus Troll deck, the promo one, the one in the Hoopa-EX Box, it's good. But in competitive manner, it's trash. 2 Geodudes
  • Lysandre Prism - In Volcanion Deck, it's amazing! In Fire decks, still. 3-4 Geodudes.
  • Rhyperior Wannabe - Is he here?

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Zygarde and Bonnie awesome IMO not sure how many decks could counter multiple gx attacks (one problem is the 4 energy attack). Looking forward to Malamar as well accelerating psychic energy to Darkwings

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Lysandre...why you gotta be so mean?

As for the other cards, I love how Bonnie and Zygarde-GX work together like in the anime. And psychic energy acceleration will help a few cards that have no love at the moment (Lunalas).

Sal Fontana

Glaceon GX hype!
Holy crap, Diance replaces Regirock EX for Buzzwole post-rotation and Zygarde GX replaces Zygarde EX. We have beast energy to replace strong energy and beast ring to replace max elixer. Buzzwole will never die!

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Prism Stars in Forbidden Light (5)
  • Arceus
  • Beast Energy
  • Lysandre
  • Diancie
  • Volcanion???

GX (8)
  • Ultra Necrozma
  • Naganadel
  • Greninja
  • Yveltal
  • Zygarde