• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Marshadow GX Help for an 8-Year-Old

Graffiti600rr

Aspiring Trainer
My son would love a little feedback on his first attempt at a deck. The cards are below. He is 8 and plays at the store with a Volcanion Deck that was built for him. He wanted to try to build one himself. If you can give him some feedback, that would be appreciated. He is still learning, but wants to take the initiative. Thank you in advance.

Pokemon:

Marshadow GX (1)
Salazzle GX (1)
Charmander (1)
Ryhorn (1)
Solrock (1)
Salandit (1)
Sawk (1)
Simisear (1)
Pansear (1)
Heatmor (1)

Trainers:

Choice Band (2)
Professors Letter (3) he is removing these because he forgot they are not legal
Tormenting Sprays (2)
Sophocles (2)
Guzma (1)
Kiawe (1)
Rescue Stretcher (1)
N (3)
Hau (1)
Plumeria (1)
Lillie (2)
Brooklet Hill (1)
Po Town (1)
Float Stone (1)
Acerola (1)
Max Elixir (1)
Weakness Policy (1)
Wicke (1)
FIghting Fury Belt (1)
Mount Lanakila (1)

Energy:

Judging by this list, he's going against some little kiddos too?
One deck thats very easy to make and comprehend and will make him look stellar in terms of playing is the damage immunity Marshadow toolbox.
4 DCE
4 Rainbow Energy
2 Glaceon EX
2 Jolteon EX
4 Marshadow GX

Marshadow's ability allows it to use the attack of any basic Pokémon in the discard pile. With a Rainbow and a DCE, he will have access to both Flash Ray and Crystal Ray, which prevents Marshadow from being damaged by Basic or Evolution Pokémon respectively. Just select the tool that will best fit the situation, and immunize yourself for a turn!

Also, Professor's Letter was printed in BREAKThrough, so it is legal in Standard Format.

sometimes... too much variety is not a good thing.
with kids, they sometimes like too many cards and want to put in a little of everything.
so keep in mind that x6 will initially be prized.
maybe try to add in a few more draw support items like ultra ball
and of course.... play test and play test and slowly tweak the deck along the way. have fun.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, but this decklist isn't gonna work. Running Marshadow GX is for the sake of having a variety of powerful basics in your discard pile to utilize easily on one mon. Marshadow usually works really well with the following:
Clefairy EVO
Jolteon EX GEN
Glaceon EX FCO
Drampa GX GRI
Shining Mew SHL

Try asking for advice from others. The trainers also need to be worked on drastically, as variety isn't always... da wae.
I'm sorry. ;-;

I was most likely the only player running a Marshadow deck at Vancouver Regionals 2017 and did not bad with it, finished 133th/345 masters...

Jolteon EX and Glacion EX are definitely must haves

Try using the following:
1x Tauros GX
1x Necrozma GX
1x Drampa GX
2x Ninja boy (If you end up starting with something other than marshadow as your starter, you can use ninja boy to swap it out for another basic pokemon or marshdow from your deck)
2x Tapu lele gx
1x Shining Mew is a good call (Thanks NeedlekingSR)
1x Magearna EX (As long as marshadow has a rainbow energy on, Magerna's protection ability will work for marshadow)
2x Tapu Koko promo (works great for switching into with Guzma, then back into marshadow due to Tapu koko's free retreat)
1x Manaphy ex is a ok call too (Free retreat for any pokemon with a "Water" energy attached)

Marshadow works great with any basic pokemon as long at the attacks require at minimum 1x "X" energy type (X being a variable for anything) and/or colourless energy costs

Add in some Special energy Retrieval, Acerola, Plumeria, Sophocles
3x Poe town (works great with marshadow as all you pokemon should be basics, which means it will never affect your deck)

Best advice i can give is Marshadow works good if you have a good mind to think ahead and adapt to your battle. Always be thinking at least 1 turn ahead. If your 8 year old has trouble planning stuff out, this deck may be too advanced but that is for you to make that call. Beware of any deck that can lock out abilities, like Garbotoxin, or Glaceon gx. Once your abilities are locked out, Marshadow is done! that's one of the reasons i lost matches at Vancouver.

Good Luck and just try test battle with different basic pokemon for marshadow to copy. you'll find something that'll work...

I forgot to add Espeon EX if you use Poe Towns.... De-evolve your opponent and force them to take more damage to re-evolve or build up damage like 80 damage on each benched stage 1 or 2 pokemon then de-evolve them, You can end up knocking out like 3 pokemon off the bench that way.

Back