'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
No-one really takes in mind that in expanded this thing (if it goes second) can win you the game first turn. A lot of Pokemon have 60HP, they can't evolve first turn, so you just slap a DDE on Ultra Necrozma GX, use it's GX attack and win first turn.

Can be done against Zoruas, Night-March, Gardevoir (Ralts, Remoraid) etc.

I'm sure they'll print DDE again, too.
I can't see them NOT reprinting DDE. Anyway the GX attack says there need to be six total prize cards left in order to use it so you won't win first turn.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Wow, not what I was expecting, Necrozma is REALLY bad.
Mystery Treasure on the other hand...

Jake_Silberman

Competitive PTCG Player
For the first scans of Forbidden Light, these two cards are pretty underwhelming. I'm not sure why they made Ultra Necrozma worse than regular Necrozma.

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
This card is really weird... I mean, really weird. Only 1 non-GX attack? Hm. Doesn't seem bad in Metagross, and the GX attack will see play in any deck that plays Double Dragon. Perhaps, with Zygarde alseo coming out, we'll see a double dragon reprint? I hope so.

Yes, a very interesting card and will work with Metagross GX. But I don’t find the GX attack special whatsoever. Kind of like Nooivern GX’s but 6 prizes have to be left or lower so you have to wait a while to use the attack. The first attack has potential, though.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Ultra Necrozma - ....Meh.

Mystery Treasure though - that's going to be hot. It can search for pieces of LukeChomp in Expanded (Dragon Call Gabite, SM6 Garchomp) and makes cards like Repeat Ball actually viable in the build...

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Oh boy oh boy!
Ultra Necrozma seems quite interesting. Two attacks, hmm? Well, it’ll be awesome with Metagross. The GX attack is strong for 2 energy, and Photon Geyser does 210 with a Choice Band while discarding 2 psychic energy. THATS GOOD.
Ancient Treasure... okay, okay! Seems nice.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
TPCi Employee: Yay, we've gotten rid of Gardy by printing all those Metal cards. Now Dragons can be played again!
CEO: Great idea! Let's make some OP Dragon support then!
TPCi Employee: I've had another idea! Metals resist Psychic right, so if we make lots of OP Psychic support then Metals will be even better!
CEO: Great idea! Let's put Psychic support in as well!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Card was made for Metagross-GX. Nice to see the card get a buff since the first Necrozma didn't do too good with it.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone forgotten that Metagross GX exists? Ultra Necrozma has a home in that deck; Photon Geyser can muscle past what Giga Hammer can't KO.

TheDeckWizard74

I got big beautiful eyes like this flareon
I think that Ultra Necrozma GX is actually really good, as long as you have a metal energy attached, each turn you can attach a psychic energy and it will do 100 damage, this card has so much potential and we just need to find a way to focus on it

TheDeckWizard74

I got big beautiful eyes like this flareon
Why psychic energy discard for the first attack, not any...
Ultra Necrozma is a psychic and dragon typing if i am not mistaken which means they are using dragon as its typing and psychic energy because it is its second typing, they also might be using psychic and metal energies to represent solgaleo and lunala which you need to fuse with necrozma in order to obtain ultra necrozma

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
I'd love to see an Ultra Necrozma figure collection from this set, I personally feel like its a shoe-in for the Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane figures, but it would be cool nonetheless.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
I think that Ultra Necrozma GX is actually really good, as long as you have a metal energy attached, each turn you can attach a psychic energy and it will do 100 damage, this card has so much potential and we just need to find a way to focus on it

Thank you.

There is a lot being undervalued in this card.
It fits so well in the Metagross deck, even if you just use it for the GX attack.

Let's do some math here...
150 Giga Hammer + 30 from Choice Band does 180.
What is that killing? Volcanion, aaaaand... Drampa?
That's not a lot.

But, 180 + 60?
240 hits... just about everything.

This is a great comeback mechanic, but also a way to close a game.
It's 6 or less total.
Meaning, you might only need one prize, and your opponent needs 5.
They could have a benched basic, and you steal the game right there.
This hits all of your opponent’s Pokemon, not just GX and EX like it's base form.

Not to mention, it's just... a good alternative attacker for Metagross.
Keep in mind, we don't need Solgaleo's switching ability anymore, thanks to Dawn Wings-GX.

This could even see play outside of Metagross... via Unit, Rainbow, or DD Energy.

Last edited:

Sir Linoone

Marellous. Splendid. What was the question again?
Ultra Necrozma - 1 non-GX attack?
Mystery Treasure - good for grabbing a Lele maybe?