SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

Pupnasty

Aspiring Trainer
Thats it, I am just gonna start running 4 weakness policies in my gardy deck.. WHAT NOW TPCi!?!?!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm tellin you why,
Metal is comin, to town.

They're making a list, checkin it twice, gonna find out who's Gardy, who's not.
Metal is comin, to town.

They see them when they're sleeping, they know when they're awake.
They know whether they're Gardy or not,
So run away for goodness sake!

Oh, you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm tellin you why,
Metal is comin, to town.

Metal is comin, to town.

Metal is comin... to... townnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

*bows*

Haunter31

Aspiring Trainer
From what I've seen based off of the energy acceleration debate between the metal and water Empoleon, it doesn't look like people have considered using Aqua Patch and Blake in metal type variants. Both of the pre-evolutions are water type and need at least one water energy for both of their attacks. Professors Letter is also an option along with the energy search Oricorio if you are running Ninja Boy. This card is meant to have techs paired up with it, so I don't see why people wouldn't run both variants in the same deck.

Metal Pros:
-Hits Gardevoir for weakness
-Hits Glaceon for weakness
-Has access to Frying Pan
-Psychic resistance
-Dhelmise boosts your damage output by 30 now

Water Pros:
-Pretty much shuts down Volcanion varients on its own.
-Able to use Aqua Patch
-Weakness isn't common
-Water energy requirement

Pros They Share:
-Aqua patch still works on both pre-evolutions
-Diversity of tech Pokemon you can use since benched Pokemon = damage (like Kartana GX, Manaphy EX, and Palkia EX even)
-Wake usable
-Registeel attaches basic energy regardless of type
-Alola Vulpix is still usable
-Either limits your opponent's setup capabilities or does massive damage
-Prize exchange is favorable
-Covers each other's weaknesses fairly well
-Brooklet Hill

Last edited:

PseudoTaco:/

Aspiring Trainer
Couldn't they be a bit more creative with SM5+ and card typings? It feels like they were just too lazy to make new typings

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty unhappy with these, Japan are always lucky enough to get promos and special packs and cards that never see the light of day in English Language...

But when it comes to releasing an alternate typed card in the UK they can't even be bothered to change the art. It's just lazy and frustrating.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Pretty unhappy with these, Japan are always lucky enough to get promos and special packs and cards that never see the light of day in English Language...

But when it comes to releasing an alternate typed card in the UK they can't even be bothered to change the art. It's just lazy and frustrating.
No Alternate type card was revealed in the UK....

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Hmmm....
Nice with your un creativeness Pokémon.
Still, it’s another good card that’ll make some lightning decks work.

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
Although I think they should have changed the art, I like the idea of this. I always like it when they produce pokémon cards and utilize a secondary typing, or at least the type they rarely produce the card as. For example, I liked the Metal Empoleon, Fighting Infernape, and Ground Torterra from Stormfront. Often these "alt-type" cards aren't as valid as their "standard-type" cards, but in this case both of these are valid. I honestly don't mind if they do this more, I just hope they at least try some alternate art as well.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Would love to see Magneton, Sneasel, Weavile, Surskit and Masquerain receiving alternate type reprints.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I'm soon gonna be a Metal player, but...
even all of this Metal support is making me sick.

TCPI: Wait Gardy is dead right?
{Enter Pacific Rim: Check For A Pulse Meme}