• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Burned (Magmortar/Infernape)

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Strategy: burn, attack, burn
Pokemon:
3x Magmar ULP
3x Magmortar ULP
3x Chimchar ULP
2x Monferno ULP
3x Infernape ULP
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Volcanion STS

Trainers:
4x Cynthia
3x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Brigette
2x Guzma
2x Acerola

4x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
3x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
2x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
1x Energy Recycler
1x Heavy Ball

Energy:
4x Burning Energy
7x Fire Energy

Last edited:
I think you mean magmar when you say magby
Other than that, it looks good

Because of what this deck is probably trying to do, I'm going to go ahead and make two suggestions:
- Bodybuilding Dumbbells
- Switch or Float Stone

So, the first is a little more spicy (heh), but it works absurdly well with Magmortar. Reaching 170 hp on a Stage 1 that is asking to be smacked in the face is incredible and gives you opportunities to obtain OHKOs in situations that may not be possible otherwise. For example, Golisopod GX smacks you in the face with First Impression for 120. You need another turn after this to get Magmortar to attack, but you now face lethal from another First Impression (120 + 30 = 150 > 130). With Dumbbella, however, you have 170 hp, meaning that they're forced to do something else before their Golisopod GX gets cooked (heheh). 40 hp doesn't seem like a lot, but it really does turn losing situations in to winning ones.
The second suggestion is due to the lack of a switching option in your deck. Granted, maybe you might think you'll be fine without one, which is rather fair in a deck like this, but Guzma is a thing and Infernape is a good target. I would suggest two of something to help in those situations (whether its float stone or switch).

Either way, let us know how testing goes after everything drops!

-Asmer

Back