Discussion Shining Genesect/Venusaur/Zoroark Standard Deck Profile

TheBaconator549

Aspiring Pokemon Trainer
This is my tested Shining Genesect/Venusar/Zoroark deck profile that I think could have real potential in the near future in the meta.

Pokemon - 18

3 Shining Genesect - SLG
3 Bulbasaur - SLG
1 Ivysaur - SLG
3 Venusaur - SLG
2 Zorua - SLG
2 Zoroark GX - SLG
1 Tapu Bulu GX - SM32
3 Tapu Lele GX - GRI

Trainers - 31

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
1 Bridgette
2 Guzma
1 Mallow
1 Skyla
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare candy
2 Fighting Fury Belts
1 Choice band
1 Super Rod
1 Exp. Share
3 Max Elixir
2 Float Stone
2 Field Blower

Energy - 11

11 Grass Energy

60 Cards

Potential Inclusions include a third Guzma, another Choice Band, Pheromosa Gx instead of Tapu Bulu, Fourth rare candy or Max Elixir.

Any opinions?? Let me know what you guys think and what could be changed.

This is my tested Shining Genesect/Venusar/Zoroark deck profile that I think could have real potential in the near future in the meta.

Pokemon - 18

3 Shining Genesect - SLG
3 Bulbasaur - SLG
1 Ivysaur - SLG
3 Venusaur - SLG
2 Zorua - SLG
2 Zoroark GX - SLG
1 Tapu Bulu GX - SM32
3 Tapu Lele GX - GRI

Trainers - 31

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
1 Bridgette
2 Guzma
1 Mallow
1 Skyla
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare candy
2 Fighting Fury Belts
1 Choice band
1 Super Rod
1 Exp. Share
3 Max Elixir
2 Float Stone
2 Field Blower

Energy - 11

11 Grass Energy

60 Cards

Potential Inclusions include a third Guzma, another Choice Band, Pheromosa Gx instead of Tapu Bulu, Fourth rare candy or Max Elixir.

Any opinions?? Let me know what you guys think and what could be changed.

Hey, @TheBaconator549, nice list! There isn't much I'd suggest besides removing one of the Tapu Lele GX's for a Choice Band (since bench space seems a little high at the moment). This is just my personal preference since hitting high numbers (like Tapu Bulu GX hitting 210=Zoroark GX's HP) is a prime option in this deck. I can't think of any other card to take out for this, but running two Super Rod would be (I think) the best number since if you discard one (with Sycamore, Trade, etc.) you don't have any other option for retrieving energy/Pokémon. Maybe a Exp. Share (since you'd be saving most likely three energy instead of one)? Let me know what you think, thanks!

Have you considered Clefairy as a tech against Gardevoir? Since the doubled Grass energy counts for it as well, you would only need 2 attachments to attack for at least 120, probably more because Gardevoir needs energy as well. I'd consider running it over your third Lele.

Have you considered Clefairy as a tech against Gardevoir? Since the doubled Grass energy counts for it as well, you would only need 2 attachments to attack for at least 120, probably more because Gardevoir needs energy as well. I'd consider running it over your third Lele.
The Clefairy seems nice but i think that maybe another choice band or another super rod would do more for the deck on a consistency level whereas clefairy would not

Hey, @TheBaconator549, nice list! There isn't much I'd suggest besides removing one of the Tapu Lele GX's for a Choice Band (since bench space seems a little high at the moment). This is just my personal preference since hitting high numbers (like Tapu Bulu GX hitting 210=Zoroark GX's HP) is a prime option in this deck. I can't think of any other card to take out for this, but running two Super Rod would be (I think) the best number since if you discard one (with Sycamore, Trade, etc.) you don't have any other option for retrieving energy/Pokémon. Maybe a Exp. Share (since you'd be saving most likely three energy instead of one)? Let me know what you think, thanks!
I think the exp.share is a great addition and should stay because the exp.share allows for the powering up of another pokemon whereas another super rod would just put it back in deck. This deck needs as much energy acceleration as possible. I do think that maybe the third Tapu Lele is not needed because in my playtesting i have never even put three on bench in the same game.

What do all you guys think about adding a Gardenia or two into the deck when it gets released with ultra prism? It would make the tapu bulu gx even more tankish especially with the fighting fury belts. It even allows the zoroark gx to tank more hits since both that and tapu bulu are not regularly one shot except by gardevoir. It seems like another card to help conserve energy and resources which is very valuable in this deck

Nice. My only suggestion is some sort of water tech to help with weakness matchups.

I think the exp.share is a great addition and should stay because the exp.share allows for the powering up of another pokemon whereas another super rod would just put it back in deck. This deck needs as much energy acceleration as possible. I do think that maybe the third Tapu Lele is not needed because in my playtesting i have never even put three on bench in the same game.

Sure, in that case, I'd just remove the Tapu Lele GX for a Super Rod to increase consistency and you'd be good to go! Exp. Share is still a good card since it works very well with Energy Reload; keeping those energy spread across the board (as you've probably already discovered) is key to victory.

What do all you guys think about adding a Gardenia or two into the deck when it gets released with ultra prism? It would make the tapu bulu gx even more tankish especially with the fighting fury belts. It even allows the zoroark gx to tank more hits since both that and tapu bulu are not regularly one shot except by gardevoir. It seems like another card to help conserve energy and resources which is very valuable in this deck

It's not bad, just depends on how many copies you intend to include. A one of isn't as important, but if you can fit in two that would make it's effectiveness increase greatly. Unfortunately, once ULP is released, Solgaleo GX and all of the other OHKO attackers are going to increase in popularity so Gardenia may only work on Pokémon with 200+ HP. Just a thought, but I guess it will all have to be tested in order to really figure it out. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Nice. My only suggestion is some sort of water tech to help with weakness matchups.

I believe that the current Fire counter is Tapu Bulu GX since it doesn't have any weakness.

Sure, in that case, I'd just remove the Tapu Lele GX for a Super Rod to increase consistency and you'd be good to go! Exp. Share is still a good card since it works very well with Energy Reload; keeping those energy spread across the board (as you've probably already discovered) is key to victory.

It's not bad, just depends on how many copies you intend to include. A one of isn't as important, but if you can fit in two that would make it's effectiveness increase greatly. Unfortunately, once ULP is released, Solgaleo GX and all of the other OHKO attackers are going to increase in popularity so Gardenia may only work on Pokémon with 200+ HP. Just a thought, but I guess it will all have to be tested in order to really figure it out. Let me know what you think, thanks!

I believe that the current Fire counter is Tapu Bulu GX since it doesn't have any weakness.
I agree that the Tapu bulu is enough. Also shining genesect would be one shot easily anyways so it doesnt change much. Overall I think that matchup isnt that bad altogether

I think that the Super Rod is not necessary because in the play testing ive done so far recovery isnt usually an option. Once youve lost energy to knockouts or discarding its very hard to recover not due to resource but more to speed of setting back up again. As long as energy is used wisely there shouldnt be not enough energy left. Since i definitely agree three tapu lele gx is not needed, (Except i did just use it to win a game), what cards other than super rod do u guys think would be a good addition

I agree that the Tapu bulu is enough. Also shining genesect would be one shot easily anyways so it doesnt change much. Overall I think that matchup isnt that bad altogether
You've never been hit with a fire typr Sylveon GX then...*shudder*

I think that the Super Rod is not necessary because in the play testing ive done so far recovery isnt usually an option. Once youve lost energy to knockouts or discarding its very hard to recover not due to resource but more to speed of setting back up again. As long as energy is used wisely there shouldnt be not enough energy left. Since i definitely agree three tapu lele gx is not needed, (Except i did just use it to win a game), what cards other than super rod do u guys think would be a good addition

I suggest either another Brigette or Choice Band to increase consistency (which is the only problem I have with this deck). That or another Max Elixir, but three work just as well. If you wait for ULP, you can throw in a Gardenia (as mentioned above) or a Pal Pad (which I think could definitely have some potential in this deck). I'll post more if none of these are satisfactory to you, just let me know what you think. Thanks!

I suggest either another Brigette or Choice Band to increase consistency (which is the only problem I have with this deck). That or another Max Elixir, but three work just as well. If you wait for ULP, you can throw in a Gardenia (as mentioned above) or a Pal Pad (which I think could definitely have some potential in this deck). I'll post more if none of these are satisfactory to you, just let me know what you think. Thanks!
I like the second brigette. I hadnt thought of it yet. Choice band is also nice but damage isnt really an issue its more energy on board and making attackers last longer that is an issue which is why i think gardenia is a good play if even only one of. Pal pad could be a nice two of or maybe one of. But i definently think its not amazing because there are not a lot of supporters worth getting back late game beacuase most are all draw support. And pal pad is slow and this deck needs as much speed as possible.

Question how good do you think this deck could be in expanded since there is shaymin and a lot more options?? I think it would lose hard to Night march tho.

Question how good do you think this deck could be in expanded since there is shaymin and a lot more options?? I think it would lose hard to Night march tho.

Maybe, if you throw in an Oricorio it might work. Speed is key, so Shaymin EX fits nicely into the deck (I was think instead of Zoroark GX since it will probably get targeted soon with a wav of Fighting types). I'll have to look through the Expanded database in order to find something worthy enough to fit in the deck.

I agree with the second Brigette in here. I'm not entirely sold on the idea of Exp. Share in here, but I totally get why it's here. Still... 6 Tools of little consistency makes Field Blower very strong against you. It shouldn't be a huge problem, but keep it in mind nonetheless.
The Pokemon line looks excellent. Very well done. I have a list as well and it looks damn near identical. I think Cynthia will be an excellent addition to this deck as well (silly statement). It'll allow us to drop Sycamore down to 3 as a general, which benefits this deck more than others (the deck would rather not discard resources if possible).

Overall, great job. Looks like it runs as it should.

-Asmer

I agree with the second Brigette in here. I'm not entirely sold on the idea of Exp. Share in here, but I totally get why it's here. Still... 6 Tools of little consistency makes Field Blower very strong against you. It shouldn't be a huge problem, but keep it in mind nonetheless.
The Pokemon line looks excellent. Very well done. I have a list as well and it looks damn near identical. I think Cynthia will be an excellent addition to this deck as well (silly statement). It'll allow us to drop Sycamore down to 3 as a general, which benefits this deck more than others (the deck would rather not discard resources if possible).

Overall, great job. Looks like it runs as it should.

-Asmer
Yes i definently agree that with the release of cynthia some if not all of the sycamore could leave the deck. The second bridgette seems to be the best option for the drop of the third lele. Especially since that make the chance of prizing brigette much less and allows it to be in starting hand more often since ultra balls can be very hurtful in early game having to discard useful resources

Maybe, if you throw in an Oricorio it might work. Speed is key, so Shaymin EX fits nicely into the deck (I was think instead of Zoroark GX since it will probably get targeted soon with a wav of Fighting types). I'll have to look through the Expanded database in order to find something worthy enough to fit in the deck.
Thx that would be greatly appreciated

Back