Movie 21 Trailer Airs on 'Oha Suta,' Seems to Be Taking a Different Direction

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I don't think that Ash is wearing the same clothes, they're pretty different. And gosh... the art style is...

beautiful

Btw, at the beginning, you can see the reflection of the silouette of Lugia on the water!

TheGabiType

Grass type pokemon trainer
Studio WIT is the same studio responsible for the Attack on Titan series... This is super interesting!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hmm, Art style is cool, definitely different.
Here's a few questions I had upon watching the trailer and looking at the still frames-

Will Zeraora star in this new film?
WHO IS THAT CUTEEE POKEGIRL!? (Um, I mean cool... yeah)
Will the next generation (Gen 8) tv series have the same animation and be edgier?
Why are Ash and Pikachu smaller than the girl in that poster?
Will this take place after the non-canon/re-imagined events of Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You! {?}

About all the questions I had.
(That new Poke-Girl is baeeeeee)

JoKing

King of Jokers
She seemed surprise to see the Pokeball. Hoping that this is an extension of the previous movie's alternate universe where Pokemon don't exist at first; but prob not.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
As I observed on the text style, the way Japan inputs the title, the bluish part is particularly similar to the I Choose You one. This must be a sequel to I Choose You for sure.XY.png

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Wow, what a breath of fresh air! I love the artwork already, as well as the girl's hair! And following up a movie that featured Ho-oh with one that features Lugia sounds A-okay to me! Since that's the same hat in the 20th movie, I like the thought that the movies might now be in their own universe, separate from the anime, past or present. While I haven't followed who all is involved with the movies, it's definitely interesting to know there will be a new director and an additional studio. Sounds like it's been long overdue.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I don't think that Ash is wearing the same clothes, they're pretty different. And gosh... the art style is...

beautiful
That's Wit Studio for ya.

Hmm, Art style is cool, definitely different.
Wit Studio is amazing. One of my favourite studios, honestly. Consistently high quality work.

(That new Poke-Girl is baeeeeee)
I love her design.

Original thoughts that aren't replies:
I'm super happy that Wit Studio took over the animation. They did the animation for Attack on Titan, as WPM mentioned, but they also did Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and The Empire of Corpses, both of which I loved, and Hal, which looks beautiful.

Like many others, I'm also intrigued by the new girl's design.

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
I am I love with the art style,I hope this takes place in alola and that the sun and moon style becomes this after its first phase concludes. Also hoping that this film will give us Zeraora.