News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Ninja Boy would not activate Darkrai PS’s ability, as Ninja Boy plays them from your deck, not from your hand

That's not what they're saying.

Play prism star from your hand, attach, then ninja boy into a good Darkrai. Now prism star is in your deck and can be used again.

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
Gardevior? I can see people playing it as a one of, but it also works good as a rainbow energy for stage 2's.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Old Solgaleo GX can attach it from the deck, you could also use Energy Loto if you want...
Solgaleo GX seems interesting! Though what to power up with the Super Boost Energy is another question... Another old Solgaleo GX? And pairing Energy Loto with Mallow is a neat combo. =)

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
super boost energy is easily countered by e hammer so its gone once your opponent plays the hammer down or hits a head on acid spray. Kinda meh for me.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Does SBE's wording allow it to count as 4 Energy if attached to a non-S2, just as long as you had two three S2s in play?
Why yes it does. The only decks that may use this are Dragon,Gardevoir GX, Metagross/Solgaleo or Solgaleo/Dialga. First we need a special energy search in standard; then decks that use stage 2s would be able to utilize Star Prism Energy well.

Last edited:

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Man, that Prism Energy is BROKEN. It's a good thing that it's limited to one in a deck, otherwise that would be majorly abused in most decks.

That Darkrai's no slouch, either - gonna have to consider running that whenever Ultra Prism comes out, if I can get some Zoroark-GX together and some other cards, could be something to work with. On the downside, everyone at my club in Ireland is transitioning to MTG, so I'll be lucky if I have anyone left to play with ^^;

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Prism Darkrai is an amazing Ninja Boy Target. Ninja Boy would let you reuse it's ability and gets more dark energy on the field. Darkrai Tribal for Days.

The energy is an all in card when you play it it has to count or its a very easy target. It will be a sad day if Team Skull Grunts get it before you get to use it.

Loving this set just hope we see some not Metal type support in the upcoming spoilers because that is where my main issue is it's very easy in this game to not support other types and as we saw last set Fire had a grand total of three cards.
Remember the old cards from HGSS that could give back cards that were sent to the lost zone? They should make another one or two since Pokémon brought back the L.Z.. That way you can reuse prism cards. Just discarding prism cards from anywhere puts them in the Lost Zone? It would be more logical to have some way of reusing them; because the "No more than 1 prism star card of the same name in a deck" rule is unfair IMO.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Remember the old cards from HGSS that could give back cards that were sent to the lost zone? They should make another one or two since Pokémon brought back the L.Z.. That way you can reuse prism cards. Just discarding prism cards from anywhere puts them in the Lost Zone? It would be more logical to have some way of reusing them; because the "No more than 1 prism star card of the same name in a deck" rule is unfair IMO.
How is it unfair? What’s next are you going to say GX attacks being only once a game is unfair as well?

Carlton Roe

TincanPichu
Item searching is amazing, wouldn't be surprised if Volkner is played as a 1-of in many decks just for that effect

Honestly, Skyla could work as well, since it allows you to search your deck for any Trainer card... Volkner works much better in electric decks

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
  • Darkrai Prism Star - Hmm! Irrelevant type which your hitting for weakness with 160 is a Lot!, Weak to Buzzwole, worst RC. Energy ACCELGOR is good, Darkrai will love it. The other one. The attack is the worst version of Generations Darkrai. 3 for 80 on Gen Darkrai is fine not 4 for 120, and you're not hitting for weakness. Why Darkrai getting too much <3? 3 Geodudes
  • Super Boost Energy - act as Rainbow Energy for Stage 2s, act as 4 Rainbow Energy if you have 3+ Stage 2s. Anyways, In Ultra Prism, we have 3 Spec. Energy Cards, well we have them already revealed: Unit Energy GFW and MPL, and Super Boost Energy. Back to SBE, Remember, this is a prism star card. Once discarded via Enhanced Hammer/Kartana/Drampa or getting KOed, its gone for good. Be careful on attching it. The only benificiary of this card that I've seen is Gardevoir-GX. 2 of these and a Gallade will grant a Quad Rainbow effect. We don't have good S2s with very expensive damage and awesome effect. Metagross needs 3, Cool Solgaleo needs 2, well DCE, Decidueye needs 3 (DCE included). 2-3 Geodudes because of the fact that it is a Prism Star, vulnerable to Kartana, and can't be retrieved by Special Charge.
I disagree. 4 for 120
  • Darkrai Prism Star - Hmm! Irrelevant type which your hitting for weakness with 160 is a Lot!, Weak to Buzzwole, worst RC. Energy ACCELGOR is good, Darkrai will love it. The other one. The attack is the worst version of Generations Darkrai. 3 for 80 on Gen Darkrai is fine not 4 for 120, and you're not hitting for weakness. Why Darkrai getting too much <3? 3 Geodudes
  • Super Boost Energy - act as Rainbow Energy for Stage 2s, act as 4 Rainbow Energy if you have 3+ Stage 2s. Anyways, In Ultra Prism, we have 3 Spec. Energy Cards, well we have them already revealed: Unit Energy GFW and MPL, and Super Boost Energy. Back to SBE, Remember, this is a prism star card. Once discarded via Enhanced Hammer/Kartana/Drampa or getting KOed, its gone for good. Be careful on attching it. The only benificiary of this card that I've seen is Gardevoir-GX. 2 of these and a Gallade will grant a Quad Rainbow effect. We don't have good S2s with very expensive damage and awesome effect. Metagross needs 3, Cool Solgaleo needs 2, well DCE, Decidueye needs 3 (DCE included). 2-3 Geodudes because of the fact that it is a Prism Star, vulnerable to Kartana, and can't be retrieved by Special Charge.
I disagree on the Darkrai point. 4 for 120 is just what Turbo Dark needs. It OHKO's all Safeguard moms and the ability is pretty good. Problem is benchspacd may restrict exactly how much play it sees, though it's ability IS good